Jura Impressa J9 One Touch TFT Coffee Machine
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- TFT display with Rotary Selection for self-explanatory, intuitive operation. All you need to do is press the button once, and you’ll soon be drinking coffee that fulfills your wildest dreams.
- Height adjustable cappuccino spout (4.33 inches to 6.02 inches) for latte macchiato and cappuccino at the touch of a button in your own cup.
- Fine foam technology; Three bars in the frother spout slow down the foam as it exits the frother, so it is poured slowly and evenly into the cup.
- The right grinder is crucial to the quality of a cup of coffee. This is guaranteed by a powerful six-level, conical grinder with grinding heads made of hardened steel.
- Stainless steel vacuum milk container included.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
It's all about enjoymentThe new best in the class of the IMPRESSA J line is easy to get to grips with right from the word go. Its ingenious operating concept couldn’t be easier or more self-explanatory: simply use the Rotary Selection to choose the specialty coffee you want, press the button, sit back and savor the taste. It goes without saying that the one-touch automatic coffee machine pre¬pares the full range from latte macchiato to ristretto at the touch of a button and without you having to move the cup.
• Variable brewing unit (5 - 16g)
• Intelligent Pre-Brew Aroma System
• Recognition for ground coffee
• Hot water function
• Cappuccino frother
• Height-adjustable coffee spout
• Energy Save Mode (E.S.M.)
• Multi-level conical grinder
• CLEARYL filter cartridge
• High-performance pump, 15 bar
• Thermoblock heating system
• Integrated rinsing, cleaning and descaling program
• Adjustable water hardness
• Zero-Energy Switch or power switch
• Swiss made
Settings and programming options
• Adjustable coffee strength
• Clear text/graphic display
• Active bean monitoring
• Rotary Switch
• TFT color display
• Integrated storage compartment
• Intelligent preheating
• Programmable brew temperature
• Maintenance status display and monitored drip tray
• Programmable amount and temperature of water
• Integrated cappuccino rinsing and cleaning program
• Amount of water and coffee strength can be adjusted for each preparation
• Latte macchiato and cappuccino at the touch of a button
TFT display with Rotary Selection
It’s an operating concept that sets new standards. Simply turn the Rotary Switch and a list of specialty coffees appears on the modern TFT display. All you need to do is press the button once, and you’ll soon be drinking coffee that fulfills your wildest dreams.
Height-adjustable cappuccino spout on a continuous scale up to 6 inches
The height of the cappuccino spout for latte macchiato and cappuccino and the coffee spout can be adjusted on a continuous scale. This allows you to create the perfect specialties both in a small espresso cup and in a latte macchiato glass up to 6 inches tall whenever you want.
Revolutionary fine foam technology
Another new development from JURA ensures a unique milk foam quality of a fine, feather-light consistency: fine foam technology.
The front of the elegant automatic machine is finished with a high-quality double coat of metallic-look brilliant silver lacquer. The stylish white aluminum top, sides and back complement the beautiful all-round design.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I owned it for 8 months and can say that I love the flavor, there is a difference. But the difference in just the coffee is not enough to warrant the price. You also should love espresso, and latees, and machiatos, and cappacionios, etc. Because these are as easy as pushing a button, you find that you are drinking very complex brews all of the time. It really is as easy as a single button to push.
The machine does require care for cleaning. It is constantly flushing itself, as the milk system must always be clean so that it does not clog the system, or create a bacteria problem. There is nothing difficult about this cleaning, just something that is overlooked when you see it demo'd in the store.
I recently had a grinder fail. Jura was very helpful and professional on the repair. Amazon is an authorized seller, and with the on-line access to the receipt, the warranty claim was very easy. The repair took a week, and Jura paid for all of the shipping. It looks like the grinder has been upgraded, as I see a lot more steel in that area of the grinder.
I also purchased the cool control milk cooler, and see this as a necessary accessory. Do not buy this without this item, as you will not get the full enjoyment of the coffee machine.
First, I really wanted to like this machine. The specs, design, functionality, were exactly what I was looking for in a super automatic espresso machine, however the machine failed to perform the basic task of making espresso. I found the display, programming, controls, and size of the water chamber to be good. The milk frothing system was cumbersome as it required you to attach tubes each time you wanted a milk drink. When the system worked, the steamed milk was hot and the consistency was great for cappuccinos and lattes. However, if the tube was not connected precisely (very little room for error) the consistency of the milk was poor. I ended up having to restart the process several times as the tubes were not connected properly or they came loose as the milk was pumped. The tubes also presented an issue with clean up in that they had to be cleaned after each use.
Defects/Low Quality Pump
The first machine I received never worked correctly. The milk would not steam and the espresso would start to come out and then stop. Upon stopping a message would display on the screen asking to press a button to fill the pump. This would occur 2-3 times before an expresso could actually be made. I experimented with several different grind settings, coffee strength, water temperatures, etc, but with no success. The machine continued to pump a few drops of espresso, asking to refill the pump, and waste the previous grinds. I literally wasted 2-3 cans of Illy espresso without ever getting espresso. In addition, with each espresso cycle, a large amount of water would precede any espresso. For example on a 1oz shot, about 0.1oz would be water that didn't run through the coffee.
Thinking that I must have received a defective unit, I requested an exchange from Amazon. I had a replacement unit the next day!! Amazon is amazing in this regard. The second unit worked well for the first week and then the same issue with the espresso not coming out and having to press the button to refill the pump started occurring again. More wasted espresso!!
In summary I ended up returning the second unit and am now in search of another machine (and not a Jura).
I am truly thankful for Amazon's customer service. The exchange and return process was absolutely unmatched by other retailers that I have purchased through . For those of you considering this machine, I would recommend that you find an alternative. Given the price and my experience with two separate machines, you will be disappointed.
Most recent customer reviews
The milk comes out cold
do not froth the milk
After a month using it, now the coffee does not comes out