Jurassic Park (Widescreen Collector's Edition)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The Jurassic World Premiere Pack is perfect for those who are planning to see "Jurassic World" in theaters and also want to own it on home video. I've included what's in this Premiere Pack below, with some additional details that might help you decide whether or not it's worth a purchase.
1. "Jurassic Park" (the original '90s Spielberg film) in Digital HD format added to your Amazon Video Library
- Current retail value of this is about $9.99.
- This is a digital copy of the movie which can be streamed or downloaded.
- When you purchase, the movie will immediately be added to your Amazon Video Library.
- The digital copy never expires, you own it forever.
- Where you can watch your digital copy:
-- You can watch the movie online in your web browser when logged into your Amazon account.
-- If you have an Amazon product tied to your account, such as a Fire TV Stick or a Kindle Fire tablet, you can watch the movie there.
-- You can also watch on non-Amazon devices (such as iPad and Roku) by downloading the Amazon Instant Video app.
2. A Fandango Promo Code for $15 off one "Jurassic World" Movie Ticket
- Your ticket will be purchased through the Fandango website. The code and redemption instructions will be delivered to the email address associated with your Amazon account.Read more ›
My wife and I watched it and the 3D is very well done, they clearly did full 3D mapping with curved shapes for faces and pixel infill behind things when you can now see around them. My wife found it as good as 3D gets. As an engineer with image processing background I noticed a few things like artifacts around fast moving stuff and places where (of course) things would not be in focus that were not originally in the plane of focus. I think if you don't go looking for flaws it will just be a great 3D experience, this isn't a cheap cardboard cutout change to 3D, it's the good kind.
The Bluray took a while to start up and then would repeatedly get stuck showing "downloading new attractions from BD-live"; until I turned off BD-live for the Bluray player. .... Update on BD-Live: It would seem that getting stuck at "downloading" was likely due to getting the disk before release. It never gets stuck now (it shows multiple downloaded commercials).
(edited to fix some typos and clarify that this review is for the actual 3D Bluray)
In the human corner, we have Sam Neill as Dr. Alan Grant, a crusty but passionate paleontologist, and his partner Dr. Ellie Sattler, played with childlike wonder by Laura Dern. Richard Attenborough's excellently optimistic performance as the park's creator John Hammond is a highlight of the film, as of course is Jeff Goldblum in full Goldblumish glory as chaos theorist Ian Malcolm. The supporting cast, including Wayne Knight, Bob Peck, and Samuel L. Jackson give tremendous performances, and the immortal lines "Clever girl", and "Hang on to your butts!"
But of course, all of our humans are overshadowed by the real stars of the film: the dinosaurs. In the dino corner, we have the T-Rex, a tremendous achievement in special effects, and one of the most awe-inspiring, earth-shattering characters in film.Read more ›
That makes it all the more impressive that Jurassic Park 3D - a classic celebrating its 20th birthday this year - is still eye-poppingly amazing to look at. The special effects alone have aged like a fine wine, due in no small part to the film's reliance on animatronics over computer animation. Whereas CGI tends to leave everything looking just slightly "off", the dinosaurs of this park feel as real as they come. There's none of that oddly shiny, too-perfect look of modern movies.
Someone at Universal deserves a pat on the back for the job of converting this movie to 3D. The original was obviously never filmed with 3D in mind, but the new sense of depth is completely convincing. It is, in a word, awesome. And in a movie that has the awesomeness of the natural world as a major theme, that really helps to sell it to you.
Behind Jurassic Park's new bells and whistles is the same excellent Spielburgian film it has always been. John Hammond, a visionary scientist, has had a jolly old time playing around with genetics. The fruit of his labor is a private island filled with creatures long since extinct, which he wants to make into an amusement park. He invites three scientists - the couple Alan and Ellie, and the eccentric ladies' man Ian Malcolm - for some academic cred, as his investors are having some trouble believing that resurrecting long-extinct T. Rex's is actually safe.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great item that runs in many units, sat down to this before viewing the new movie and was not disappointed.Published 14 hours ago by p
The details are outstanding in the Blu-ray version. Various scenes illustrate the clarity and quality of this product.
. Read more
If there was a coherent plot it missed my attention. Attracting was wooden and the direction worse. It is hard to understand how this picture received any plaudits, aside from the... Read morePublished 9 days ago by David Evan Glasser
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Science Fiction & Fantasy