STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on September 16, 2011
I usually save short story anthologies for when I don't have a big block of reading time and can just read one or two stories at a time. I picked up this one and ended up consuming it in one sitting. The book description doesn't do this justice, it sounds like it's going to be too dark and depressing. I didn't find that at all. Yes, in most of them somebody dies but usually it's about justice or redemption and even when not they read like thrillers, not dark, deadly depressing stuff.

There are more than 25 stories in this collection. Lots of creativity here-there are stories about ghosts, identity theft, a genie, trilobites and miniature tigers, dream catchers, the rapture, natural disasters, and murder. Plus the obligatory couple of vampire stories (is it just me or will everybody be glad when the vampire craze is over? I loved almost all of the stories because the writing was superb!

Lots of entertainment in a relatively small package (2577 locations.
on April 20, 2013
A soul crushing collection of nihlistic short stories written to keep you up long after reading them. After a slow start the stories really start to move and visons of everyday horrors kick in. I loved this collection of downbeat horror. A must read for fans of the twilight zone and night gallery. Read with the lights on!
on August 31, 2012
I keep a couple of short story compilations on my Kindle for those moments when I am waiting at the medical office, for a prescription, picking up a grandchild from school, or just those few times in between when it is best to have something with you. I picked this one up for just that reason.

But once I started I couldn't stop and I read them all at once. Some were so short they took less than a few minutes and some a bit longer. The theme running through this collection is dark but no so dark to be depressing. In fact there were several that brought chuckles to me.

I enjoyed every story in the collection which is unusual for me and immediately recommend it to a friend.

Pick this one up it won't go wrong for you if you like a little darkness in your short stories. Not for the under 18 crowd.

Karen Bryant Doering,
Parents' Little Black Book
MistBlueEeyroe@gmail.com
on July 11, 2013
A very decent collection of short stories by the author. I wasn't expecting much from this book but came away mildly impressed.
on May 19, 2013
I did not know what to expect when I ordered this book. It is definately unique, but really enjoyable to read. I found the book addicting. I did not know anything about this author and I probably would not have gotten the book if I had researched it first.
I decided to try the free and inexpensive ebooks from Kindle to try and find new authors I have not read before. I am very happy I tried this book. I fully endorse Kindle's policy to bring these new authors and books to the public.
on June 12, 2012
I wasn't really sure what to expect when I started reading 'Just another day in Paradise' and I think that's the best way. It's a collection of short stories with a common theme. I enjoyed all of them.

I've recommended this book to my friends, usually with the name of a story that I think they'll especially like.
on April 4, 2013
Lately, I've been reading a lot of anthologies because it's easier to pick up and then let go. This collection of stories was difficult to put down at all. Now that I've finished it, I keep thinking about various stories as they stay with me; some in good ways, others in poignant ways. I cried while reading some of them; each one left an impact of some type. Definitely worth a read...
on June 30, 2013
From the first story I was pulled in and blown away. The author ranges the gamut of scenarios all slightly enough to make you cringe inside and peer outside when you hear a strange noise. Don't read this before going to bed!! Don't worry, you will have some great dreams if you do.
on December 29, 2013
I really enjoyed this collection of short stories. Confident voice, interesting characterization, and a sharp wit. Some of the endings were a bit abrupt for my taste, but Ms. Tomlinson can turn a phrase and I'm excited to see how her writing evolves moving into the future...
on August 25, 2013
This is John D Macdonald plus-Many times plus. This author has the potential to be the most popular writer around. Pay close attention to the way the scenes develop in your mind. This is the most naturally descriptive author I've seen. I have no problem rating this author Triple AAA plus.