Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Just Another Diamond Day
Format: Audio CD|Change

The vinyl arrived in pristine condition. Vashti Bunyan's childlike voice is soft and dreamy, like Nico if she could sing. Coupled with the folksy instrumentals and sweet melodies, this album is just beautiful. I like to listen to it while cleaning or walking around in the city - anything high stress, because it distracts from the chaos and brings the mind to greener pastures. One of those albums where the music is practically visual and definitely visceral. Highly recommended.
on January 15, 2006
It was only upon the insistence of a friend that I even checked out "Just Another Diamond Day", and boy was I glad that I did! Vashti has an absolutely beautiful voice that could tame the harshest beast, and the lyrics and the music itself is absolutely wonderful. Considering this came out in the late 60's, one must be very confused why she was never widely acclaimed - she definitely had enormous talent (critics panned the album, and Vashti, being incredibly shy, left the music business until just this year). Being a folk album, the lyrics are all incredibly fun to listen to, though you don't have to listen to them to enjoy the album (it's pleasant both ways). Musically it's a very very simple set of songs - acoustic guitars, some flutes and a violin every now and then. The production also holds up surprisingly well considering its recording date, but I'm not aware of whether this was remastered or not (so it might just be that). The only complaint I could make about the album is that it's a little hard to listen to eighteen tracks that are all relatively similar. Listened to individually, however, and one can see its greatness. I'm not too familiar with Vashti's newest album, "Lookaftering", but I can at least say that this is one of the best folk albums I've ever heard. Genre fans will love it, and I'm sure others will too! Absolutely recommended!

Highlights include:
the entire album!
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on April 18, 2017
awesome album!
on March 30, 2013
Beautiful folk music. Feels sort of like nursery rhymes. Vashti has a very relaxing voice to listen to. One of the best hidden gems I've ever come across. She has one more album she did in 2005, but this is the one you want to listen to first. It's just so perfect that its frustrating that she wasn't given as much attention for it.

Vinyl is thick and plays good. The records sleeve is gatefold and the artwork is just great. Overall, the album is just amazing. Just buy it.
on March 15, 2013
This is literally one of my favorite albums of all time. I don't know what to say about the album really, it's some of the most gorgeous but quiet and thimble folk music by a woman with the softest most beautiful voice, who wants nothing else in life but to live on a farm out in the greens Ireland and live a simple life. It's amazing she finally now is getting recognized after over 35 years. Do yourself a favor and listen to this album.
on April 14, 2016
I was so surprised at this record when it came in the mail. Gatefold, wax sleeve, and high quality sound for such an amazing price. Definitely worth the purchase.
on August 30, 2013
I ordered this disc after hearing a few tracks on the folk rock channel on my satellite TV. Vashti Bunyan makes some very genuine music; some of the songs have an extraordinary beauty to them. I found this disc to be much more consistently interesting than her much more recent 'Lookaftering' recording. Start with this one.
on February 5, 2016
beautiful folk rock.
on November 23, 2014
thank-you
on November 26, 2013
Absolutely Brilliant! If you love folk music then you will love this album. each and every song is great which is unusual. very original song writing the melodies very wonderful. Very impressive ! I listen to this cd all the time while I am painting or drawing. I don't want to say this but rose hip November is my favorite . Bravo! Bravo Vashti! I hope there will be another cd coming soon I can't wait!