Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Just As I Am
Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 17, 2015
Just As I Am:

Brantley Gilbert did an amazing job on this album! This is a country album but Brantley Gilbert blurs the lines of country and rock together. It really is a track that you can simply put on shuffle and listen to the entire thing. Here I think are some of the best ones:

1. Lights of My Hometown
2. Let It Ride
3. That Was Us
4. I'm Gone
5. My Faith In You

Brantley Gilbert is a very respectable artist since he wrote (or at least co-wrote) all of the songs in this album. There are so many good songs on here that make you reminisce about the past and good times. A definite 5 stars and a must buy!
on May 19, 2014
If listening to Eric Church, Luke Bryan, Thomas Rhett and Blake Shelton everyday is your thing?! (Yep, it's mine!) Then this album is going to be in heavy rotation! If you listened and liked his first two releases you know what an awesome writer and musician he is. This album has a slightly more mature feel to it and is a bit contemplative. I truly love this album, it was worth every penny!(Although, Best Buy has it for 9.99.) Favorites to be played as loud as possible! If You Want A Bad Boy, Bottoms Up, Small Town Throwdown (features Justin Moore and Thomas Rhett), 17 Again, My Baby's Guns N' Roses. One Hell of an Amen will bring a tear to most people's eyes, an beautiful and touching song. Let It Ride is a wonderful ballad that isn't sappy but tugs gently at memories and strings of things past and present. I'm Gone is more emotional then Let It Ride in the sense that it plucks, tugs and strums those string with an uncanny knowledge. Granger Smith has a song Don't Listen to the Radio, I feel like it's talking about this song! My Faith In You is a gospel tinged song that I can see putting on repeat time and time again. That Was Us and Lights Of My Hometown are good songs that I just can't quite describe.

Overall, I love this new album! 5 stars and Congrats to Brantley Gilbert for masterfully segueing flawlessly from independent to major label without losing the sound that brought him such acclaim.
11 comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 1, 2017
The title song is absolutely brilliant and the album as a whole has a fresh, un-commercialised sound.

There was a choice of formats and I clicked the box for the CD version. It came without the title song. That's not a different format - that's a different album. An album that doesn't contain its own title song. Profound. Ranters stifle yourselves. This review is of the physical item that was delivered - not Brantely Gilbert.
on March 1, 2016
Doesn't make sense that I live in Iowa and that's where the cd was in the first place yet got shipped to Tennessee beforw coming back to me in iowa....really doesn't make sense.
I'm not impressed with the album but I should have looked up and listened before buying.
review image
on October 8, 2015
I love Brantley Gilbert. He is a mix between country and rock, I absolutely love his music. First off he is a talented song writer as well as an artist. I've always loved different types of music, rap, rock, oldies but BG has open my eyes to country music. Actually I'm pretty sure he is all I listen to these days. I can't help it, I hate when artist songs all sounds alike, but not Brantley here, he's the shitznits. I even discovered rap country, hick-hop who knew? Where have I been the last 2 years? I guess I'm outta the loop. If you like hip hop country check out The Lars, another good choice. And on a final note to top it off, Brantley is a great person all around, I admire what you did for the Army Sergeant just recently, he gave his CMT tickets to him.
review image
on June 3, 2014
I have to start off by saying that I'm not a huge fan of Brantley's past albums; I like some songs but I could never listen to the entire album and enjoy it. With that said, I can definitely listen to "Just As I Am' all the way through. I love the rock n roll sound that is in every single song along with the country elements as well. There's a great variety of up tempo and slow tracks, with "My Baby's Guns n Roses" and "I'm Gone" being my favorite. "One Hell of an Amen" is the most emotional song on the album and it is a truly beautiful song and has a beautiful sentiment. The grit in his voice is evident in every song, but it never gets old. I love how Brantley mixes country into his mostly rock n roll sound; no country artist today does that as well as he does. Overall, it's artists like Brantley Gilbert that make Georgia country some of the absolute best country music today.
on November 28, 2016
Great CD with a lot of songs to choose and listen to. Some songs may not be suitable for children based on a brief swear word in two or so songs, but overall good hearty music. If you don't end up liking the CD or Brantley Gilbert, at least listen to the track "One Hell of an Amen." Sounds kinda questionable, but you'd be surprised how touching and true it is. Also, definitely more of a southern artist, but fun for northerners (like myself) to listen to.
on June 1, 2017
I liked the previous album very much. This appears to be a cash grab.
on June 29, 2017
This album is as good as I thought it would be
on July 27, 2017