BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 9, 2017
I thought this book would be s psychological study about the development in babies and children of a sense of good and evil. That is only true for the beginning chapters. The rest of it is really a mixed bag of the author's rumination about moral philosophy and a theory of justice. Not particularly impressive, I must say.
on February 24, 2017
This book is chock full of stories you'll want to tell your friends about. This book is definitely not just about babies but the little people are interesting. Are we moral from the beginning?
on January 6, 2015
Lots of great information about the development of morality - from babies through adults
He sites many research studies about the topic: some from studies with infants about their reactions to "good" and "evil".
There are a lot of examples, and discussion ideas, I can use for Psychology class. From babies and MIlgrim, to the development of prejudice and bias from infants on up.
He also discusses the type of things that influence our development - such as television, religion, or whether we are exposed to something we like or don't like
on January 2, 2014
This book made me rethink human nature and the origins of our daily actions. It is
well written and interesting to read. It takes a while to get through because I paused many times to think on what I had just read.
on September 8, 2016
Smart thinking for our times. A guide book for life and a great read for anyone trying to figure out why people do what they do. If you have any interest at all in the psychology of what people do this will really help explain a LOT!!!
on November 11, 2014
I tend to skim so off the many statistics and stories, but find the material a refreshingly openminded and stimulating introduction to the best thinking on how people make moral choices. I participated in a group discussion that took an online Paul Bloom course through Coursera and read this book to go deeper into his research.
on March 11, 2014
This was a good book and well written. It was an interesting thesis and written in an easy to read style. I had read about a lot of the experiments and studies before, and liked the way they were applied to babies and toddlers, to try and find when our moral values begin and why. Or are we born with them. This book went a long way down the road to an answer.
on February 11, 2015
Author Paul Bloom tackles the task of explaining good and evil from the perspective of child development. I'm not done with the book, having only reached the middle of the book but every page has been interesting and well written.
The author's writing style is not the rigid grammatically correct - without contractions and exacting phrases so it comes across as more reader friendly. The "I'm sitting in the room with Paul Bloom" feeling is present when reading this book and the matter is presented in a voice of a conversation rather than a lecture which makes the subject approachable. So far this book has been a great bit of reading.
on March 3, 2016
overall the book was very interesting but I didn't like how he put the thesis at the very end I was confused on what he was really trying to do but again it was a very good đź“š,
on April 21, 2016
It is very intriguing to understand some of our moral principles as evolutionary traces of our species. Now I'm excited for more discoveries made by Paul Bloom's team.