Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Cycling on Amazon

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 8, 2010 7:47:19 AM PST
I have played the demo, and think this game may be pretty interesting. Anyone thinking of buying it. Jumping out of helis and freefalling is one of the best things about the game so far. I could do that all day. The objectives seem a little wierd, but I guess thats because the demo only gives you 30 mins.

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 9:04:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2010 1:06:49 PM PST
The Pimento says:
If I hadn't watched the videos they put out, I wouldn't have enjoyed the demo as much. Mainly because I wouldn't have thought of using the grapple to hook people to walls/air tanks/vehicles/etc. The demo made me decide to buy it. There's just so much stuff you can do. The best part was I found the purple sports car and drove it off the highest point of the mountain, jumped on the roof, then jumped and deployed my parachute while the car exploded on the ground. Awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2010 9:09:41 AM PST
I think that is whats gonna make this game great. Being able to create your own stunts. That is great. I still have not figured out how to hook people to anything. I accidently hooked a car to a bike. How do you hook people together, and where are the dual grapples, or is that not true.

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 9:40:23 AM PST
demo made me decide to pre-order it on ps3 the game is very fun to play

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 5:35:14 PM PST
I've played the demo through about 10 times already. I love clinging to the top of a gas tank then shooting it and riding it up into the air. So many cool things to do in this game. It seems like a better realization of Mercenaries 2 (Which I also thought was a lot of fun, however glitchy). I'm looking forward to see how upgrades change gameplay.

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 8:58:13 PM PST
J1M_288 says:
An absolute buy for me!!! I loved Red Faction Guerrilla and I was in search for something similar and this game totally blew me away. Like the OP said, it's as if they took Mercenaries 2 and pumped it with cocaine and 80's action flicks. lol

Posted on Mar 9, 2010 11:57:11 AM PST
Subject7 says:
Definitely want this game but I'm a cautious beaver. I need to see a review or 2 before I take the plunge. Still, it is being made by Square Enix and the last bad game they made was... ... ... I dunno... have they ever made a bad game? Still it won't hurt to wait. I can get the review a week before the game releases and pre-order it then :)

Posted on Mar 9, 2010 12:21:58 PM PST
C. Burton says:
Its not made by Square they're publishing it Eidos and Avalanche Studios made it, and to grapple 2 things together CROWNED ONE just hold down L1 and aim at something else when you fire it. Also yes its great but horrid voice acting Im waiting for reviews still though just to see how long the story and how repetitive it gets. Although if you google it it does have one review that gave it a 86% and said you'd want to spend at least 30-40 hours on it.

Posted on Mar 9, 2010 1:11:24 PM PST
The Pimento says:
CROWNED ONE: Shoot something with your grapple, but instead of tapping L1, hold it down, then quickly point to something else, such as a wall, air tank, or other person, then let go of L1.

I think the different terrains, as well as the 400 square miles of area will make this a game to replay time and time again. I've played the demo about 10 times and keep finding new things to blow up. The full game is going to be huge.

The one thing I don't like is the PDA opens up right in the middle of the action. I don't care if I unlocked a submachine gun on the black market, I just want to kill people.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2010 7:24:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2010 7:25:08 AM PST
Why dont you just download the Demo Kydd?

Posted on Mar 10, 2010 10:19:08 AM PST
J1M_288 says:
He,he,he... the voice acting is funny. But still, I'd take the plunge on this one. Even if it's not Game of the Year material, it's freakin' perfect for the kind of fun I'm looking for. :D

Posted on Mar 11, 2010 3:44:55 PM PST
kem says:
The latest issue of game informer gave it a 9.0 out of 10

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2010 4:56:55 PM PST
Reviewer46 says:
"I don't care if I unlocked a submachine gun on the black market, I just want to kill people" lol i just wanna kill people

Posted on Mar 13, 2010 8:29:10 AM PST
I'm just waiting for a review that comments on its variety of missions !!

It might turn out to be GTA IV rip off with repetitive missions not to say that GTA IV wasn't like that sometimes

Posted on Mar 13, 2010 8:29:12 AM PST
I'm just waiting for a review that comments on its variety of missions !!

It might turn out to be GTA IV rip off with repetitive missions not to say that GTA IV wasn't like that sometimes

Posted on Mar 16, 2010 6:43:34 AM PDT
C. Burton says:
Its nothing like GTA if you played the original or the demo for this one you'd know that and besides I thought we were all past the "its like GTA" thing. GTA is a completely different type of game this gen in a class of its own its serious whereas games like JC2, The Saboteur, Saints Row and Mercs are just about having fun playing them.

Posted on Mar 16, 2010 8:27:00 AM PDT
J1M_288 says:
Well said, C. Burton. These kind of games are about having fun... actual FUN... and I hope they make more of them. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2010 9:30:07 PM PDT
J. kirk says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 17, 2010 2:56:33 PM PDT
C. Burton says:
Well Im sure me and at least a few million others would beg to differ. Does anyone know of any written reviews for this yet I've looked all over and cant find any I just want to know a few things before I preorder.

Posted on Mar 18, 2010 12:36:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2010 12:36:46 AM PDT
There is a lot of fun stuff to do in the demo. I've base jumped off buildings, mountains, and antennas. I've gone skydiving from 3 different types of helicopters and a plane and stunt jumps from all of them. I've gone skydiving as high as possible and then try to grapple back on to the falling helicopter while skydiving towards it (VERY hard but listen for the warning siren to help you figure out which direction you should be skydiving after it, incase you can't see it). Parachute climbing is another awesome thing which basically allows you to take off from anywhere and get airborne. While under canopy you can combine grappling and parachute maneuvers to keep yourself in the air at all times. The missions are fun and from what I've read, there is a pretty big open world to explore. I thought the base jumping/skydiving was one of the most fun aspects of GTA San Andreas so I'm glad another franchise has amplified that fun stuff and made it better!

Posted on Mar 20, 2010 1:56:19 PM PDT
Shiznickels says:
Cant wait for this one, if the actual game is as good as the demo it will be epic.

Posted on Mar 22, 2010 1:13:10 AM PDT
K. Wirick says:
I thought nothing of this game when i first heard about it, then i tried the demo. It sold it for me. my copy is preordered and arriving on tuesday. Like a lot of other posters, I believe this game isnt about story or dialogue. in fact i think the horrible voice acting is going to be a constant source of entertainment. This game is just about FUN. rampant destruction and mayhem under a ludicrous presumption of story. and you know what.. sometimes that all you really need.

Posted on Mar 23, 2010 1:12:25 PM PDT
Subject7 says:
AAArggghhhh!!!! I COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!! The Demo was awesome! The reviewers (what few I could find as of today) were singing their praises and DAMN IT if those stunt videos don't look outrageous!!

The $15 promotion is still on (plus the exclusive free suped up assault rifle).

I just went against my wait-and-see rule and ordered it. Man I hope I don't regret it... ... doubtful :D

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2010 4:50:20 PM PDT
S. Sigle says:
I did the same Kydd, I usually wait for more professional reviews and player reviews, but after beating Red Faction Guerrilla just the other day for the first time (took me awhile to get that :-p) I was hooked for more of stuff like that.

Posted on Mar 23, 2010 7:54:10 PM PDT
IPhantom says:
Did the same thing with this one. Just a gut feeling that this was going to be fun. So far, i'm glad i bought it. Still trying to master the controls, but there is so much potential for this game, it is ridiculous to think of the possibilities once i have this thing down.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Mar 8, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 24, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Just Cause 2 - Playstation 3
Just Cause 2 - Playstation 3 by Square Enix (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars (257)