FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Multi-point vehicle movement: Every vehicle has multiple points inside and out to move between in real-time, not cut scenes, jumping between multiple positions on a single vehicle or to other vehicles¿ with over 100 vehicles
- Air, land, water and underwater: Just Cause 2 delivers action everywhere from 500 feet above to 50 feet below through jungles, snowy mountainside, deserts, cities and more, with over 600 square miles to explore and destroy.
- Nearly endless and open-ended game-play: From deep missions to small jobs, to free exploration, players follow the route they want when they want.
- Grapple nearly everything within 200 feet, including enemies. Progressive destruction - vehicles, building, enemies, and landscape. Pull off amazing stunts with Rico's re-designed parachute.
- Weapons galore: Single and dual handed weapons, rocket launchers, grenade launchers, explosives, and vehicle mounted weapons.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Just Cause 2 is a stunning technological leap from the original - Designed with 2nd generation software technology for a true high definition gaming experience. New level of action gameplay in open environments - Only Just Cause 2 delivers action in the air, on the land, and under the water, plus multi-point, real-time vehicle movement and grapple-action that allows players to grab nearly anything within 200 feet. Three times as many missions as the original - All-new abilities and stunts. The best open-world action on the market!.
From the Manufacturer
p>On the island nation of Panau, rival gangs wage war in the streets while the ruthless dictator Baby Panay exercises a system of oppression and corruption against his own people. Somewhere on the island, your friend and mentor Tom Sheldon has disappeared with top-secret intel and millions in Agency cash. As Rico Rodriguez, the Agency's most dangerous weapon, you must infiltrate the island and locate Sheldon, setting off a violent chain of events that will set Panau ablaze.
Harness Just Cause 2's unique parachute and grapple combination to create your own unbelievable, high-speed aerial stunts. Whether free falling from thousands of feet, hijacking enemy fighter jets in midair or blasting through security checkpoints on the ground, use your imagination to create maximum chaos. With hundreds of weapons, vehicles, missions and Rico's trademark parachute and grapple, experience vertical freedom unparalleled in the third-person action genre.
- Take to the air like no other game. Experience total aerial freedom with the unique parachute and dual grapple.
- Freefall, BASE jump, vehicle surf, parasail, skydive, grapple, slingshot, leap between vehicles, hang from helicopters, scale buildings. The impossible is within your grasp.
- Your best tool is now a weapon. Fire two shots with the grapple hook and attach unwilling enemies to high-speed vehicles, hang them upside down from buildings, tether objects in mid air. The possibilities are as vast as your imagination.
- Explore the island paradise; from sprawling cities, secluded beaches and towering mountain peaks – more than 400 square miles of your own personal playground.
- Hundreds of objectives can be completed in any way or order that you choose. When it's time for a break from Agency business, kick back and enjoy all the attractions that Panau has to offer.
- Catch air on a high-speed dirt bike, race across the sea in a power boat, or fire a spread of rockets from an attack chopper – more than 100 land, sea and air vehicles are yours for the taking.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have had it for about a day and a half so far and it's sucked up 11 hours of my valuable time. In that time, I was able to complete about 4% of the game. This game takes.... FOREVER!! However, that is truly the beauty of it. This game has a seemingly unlimited number of things to do. It's so much fun to do simple things, such as driving every vehicle, 100% completing different settlements, and finding that extra cash stash or weapon part.
I love this game, and although it's not perfect and I have some things I am picky about (Not being able to carry around health packs, dumb checkpoint system, no experience gained for killing enemies) This game is really worth it for $15-$20 here on Amazon! This is one FUN game, and this is coming from someone who typically doesn't even enjoy shooting games that much. This is one replayable game!
I have owned Just Cause 2 before, but that copy broke, so i bought a used copy from Amazon.
First of all, this game is complete mayhem and craziness. Anyone who like GTA or Saints Row really needs to try this insane sandbox game. The Gameplay is a huge improvement from its predecessor, where you are able to use a grappling hook/whip. The world of Panau is brilliant and beautiful. The story, unfortunately, lacks quality or much sense. Overall, it's a great game to mess around in.
I did not give this game a perfect review because of some flaw in the disk. I bought my copy from a third-party company, which seemed to be legitimate, as they actually were. The game played smoothly like any other disk you would buy, however, this one copy had an issue with DLC. I had bought some DLC for Just Cause 2 previously, which worked fine with my old copy before it broke. This copy however, did not recognize the DLC at all. I would buy about $5 worth of DLC, and find out that it never loads it up in the game, which is extremely frustrating. It's a small flaw, but i guess the moral of the story is to be extra careful where you buy your games.
Lastly, it is a wonderful sandbox game that really catches people's eyes.
-Stunning world of Panau
-Lots to do with various missions and collectibles.
-Poor cliche story with unsettling voice acting
-quite a few small glitches
-If you buy from a third party- just be careful what you get..
Like another reviewer, I too bought this and God of War 3 around the same time. Finished GOW3 on a single weekend and haven't played it since. Don't get me wrong GOW3 was great but no where near as addictive as Just Cause 2 (or as big).
Almost every conceivable action sequence you can think of is in this game. I've played through almost every action movie I've ever watched (that didn't take place in space)! I've been in all manner of chases (foot, car, boat and air), jumped from exploding skyscrapers, from exploding cars, from exploding planes and from pretty much anything that can explode. I've fought with gun toting ninjas and destroyed countless strongholds with anything from guns to run away cars to attack helicopters. Heck I've parachuted from heights that would make Superman queasy. I surfed on a freaking jet! I've never done this much in a single game before, and I'm only 28% done! Honestly this game is longer than most RPGs I know.
On the downside, the game can be frustrating. I STRONGLY recommend playing on easy/casual. Not that its hard, it's just frustrating having to restart a mission when you die, and you will die quite a bit. I really wish that the health kits were easier to find as there's nothing more irritating than running around looking for one while the bad guy's chopper is shooting at you.
The story is pretty good, though I can't really comment much on it since I haven't actually completed the game (and by the looks of it, I won't be finishing it anytime soon). The voice acting is atrocious, seriously it's almost painful. Plus I hate the way the cutscenes are fragmented. For instance a mission will start with one cutscene showing you approaching the person whose gonna give you the mission, then it goes black and loads another cutscene showing you getting on the vehicle that will take you there, then another cutscene loads with you being briefed in the vehicle, and yet another cutscene loads with you arriving at your destination. This happens for many of the missions.
These are very minor problems of an otherwise outstanding game. Honestly the love put into this game shows. This game is ridiculously fun and I highly recommend it.
P.s - You can swim and dive too! I know that sounds stupid but I've never played a sandbox game that allowed you to actually dive under water.
>_> GTA4, Infamous, Prototype, Red Faction, The Saboteur, Assassin's Creed 2
The flying in this game is insanely fun, whether it be flying in a plane or just grapple-parachuting everywhere.
It's better than GTA4 and any other sandbox game that has come before it on a console. How is this even possible you ask?
Because this game runs at a solid 60fps! No other sandbox game this huge runs as smooth while propelling you in a vehicle (or free falling out of the sky) at insanely high speeds like this game can!