Top positive review
4 people found this helpful
Great but not perfect
on November 26, 2014
First off I want to start out by saying this game came out bout 4 years ago. So don't expect graphics like you would see in GTA V. I like this game for a couple of reasons....
1. Time: it keeps track of how long you have played it. I'm up to 9 hours now and I am less than 10 percent complete.
2. Size: the map is massive and I mean massive. Flying in the fastest plane from corner to corner takes a lot of time, so thankfully they made an "extraction" feature that will take you to any settlement you have discovered.
3. Grappling hook/ parachute combo: So if you watch the YouTube videos on this, you can see what I'm talking about, but basically to travel fast you can deploy your parachute and than use the grappling hook to pull yourself along all of the islands.
4. Plot: I like the plot because to me, GTA V is, and I don't want to say evil, but its messed up. The way GTA V is set up, there is a lot of violence that is uncalled for. ( I remember a scene where a character gets his head stomped in and the guy that did it was picking brain off of his shoe.) so in just cause 2, you are sent on an Asian island where it has been taking over by a communist who plays propaganda everywhere, and you are supposed to cause chaos to disrupt all of this and have the people take back their country.
1. Graphics: like I said, its an older game so the graphics aren't the best, but they definitely aren't terrible either.
2. Cut scene acting: I swear I could get high school drama students to sound more believable than these people.
3. Repetitive: After awhile, the game gets repetitive. you do the same exact thing, just in different locations.
Finally, this game is great for anyone 16 and up, there is no nudity, the killing isn't graphic, and the people who die vanish 10 seconds after death. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to play a game that lasts long and cant be beaten in one day.