Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,271 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,560 reviews
on October 13, 2010
I can officially say that this is the first game I have ever pre-ordered and it was well worth the wait! I have been using the first version as my cardio workout for the past four months and was excited, yet hesitant, for the new one to arrive. The dance moves are definitely faster and more difficult than the first version, with a great new mix of songs. I was intimidated at first, but my 12 year-old daughter and I played each song we selected a couple of times to get the moves down. We ended the session with an exhausting two rounds of Proud Mary...WOW...that one will definitely be a part of my daily workout! I can't wait to try more songs and the "Just Sweat It Off" mode tonight to actually measure the calories I'm burning. Burning calories has never been this much fun!
0Comment| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2010
First of all, I'm 40, Mom, I have 2 kids.
I have Just Dance, and I was on the fence about this game until I read the song list.
I LOVE this game. My kids LOVE it. We play "duet" mode constantly trading places on the dance floor.
My kids are between 7 and 10 and the songs have been edited so any inappropriate lyrics have been "omitted". I've only seen it happen on the song "toxic", but I was impressed that they did that. With Just Dance, Katy Perry sings Hot and Cold and a couple of lyrics could have been omitted without losing the song.
I'm also totally impressed with the variety of genres they have covered. We dance hip hop, latin, disco, techno, and electronic... totally made me want to buy some glow sticks, have a rave. Unbelievably fun workout. If we had the space for 8 people to dance, I'd get more controllers.
66 comments| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 2, 2011
I echo all the positive comments made by other reviewers, though I'm probably coming from a different place. My kids occasionally play "Just Dance" and "Just Dance 2" for competitive fun. I play them by myself for work-out fun.

I LOVE this game! It is more than just aerobic exercise. You are twisting and turning, loosening up all those muscles: you are using your arms as well as your legs; if you pay attention on how to do certain steps, you are using those all important stomach muscles (which help your back). All this while having fun.

For myself, I like the music selection more on the original Just Dance, as it has more "oldies" mixed in. But the music on Just Dance 2 is just as fun and energetic and hard work. For younger players, I think one of their criticisms of the original Just Dance was that it didn't have more contemporary music!

Highly recommended!

Happy Reader
on July 17, 2011
This was the best investment I could have made in my kids health!! Both my 21 year old daughter and my 14 year old son (and I!!) have danced to it almost every day since I bought it a month or so ago. We love the "Just Sweat" option where we can decide how much we want to push ourselves for the week and it keeps track of how much you dance to make sure you keep that goal. We challenge each other to get the High Score for each song and we have a great time. A big plus is that the songs are the originals. It's exposed my two to fun older songs like "Monster Mash" which they both love, while also having some newer songs like "Firework." Ends up they each have a song or two that is "their" song that they are better at than anyone else. It's really kept their interest and my son said, "Mom, I never knew exercising could be so fun!!" I like that you have the option to get more songs as they get a bit bored. Can't wait for "Just Dance 3"!!
on January 15, 2011
So my son received this for Christmas and I was the one so excited to use it. It really has been fun and it's definitely a crowd pleaser when you have company. You will definitely work up a sweat and there's really multiple genres of music for everyone's taste.

You don't necessarily have to even have a controller for everyone as long as they're ok with not getting scored at the end. You can just follow along with the videos and music. Wii also gives you the option to purchase more songs with dance routines online when the same songs start to get boring. Buy it!
on May 17, 2011
i love this game because its basically exercise made fun! i cant burn almost 500 calories by just doing about 6 or 7 songs, and i do way more than that on a regular basis. not only that it had dlc [downloadable content] which of course you have to buy, but that keeps the game fresh with new songs and more variety in the song choice. i love this game...the only thing i wish is that they would have a "nonstop shuffle" on the just sweat mode. that way you wont have to pause between songs while you're working out.
on April 29, 2016
This game is fantastic! My wife and I use it as a jogging replacement when it is weather-y outside. Much more fun than jogging!
on April 17, 2017
great songs. Easy to dance to.. Totally having a dance night with my girls
on February 27, 2017
I don't like it
on March 19, 2017
it's alright

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.