Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Our Best Wines Holiday Savings with 1¢ Shipping Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services LostinOz LostinOz LostinOz  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,191 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on November 1, 2013
I have always loved the Just Dance games and play it with my nieces. It was disappointing to that this version has two very inappropriate songs. The rating should not have been 10+ years of age. It should be older. It has "I Kissed a Girl and I Like It" and has "Blurred Lines". To me both of these songs have content that is adult.

The game itself came quickly, plays just fine, etc.
66 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2014
We own Just Dance 2 and I loved that it had a mix of the current and easily recognizable older songs of multiple genres and time periods. The lyrics and choreography were entertaining and engaging for all ages, but still appropriate for younger kids.

I was disappointed to find out Just Dance 2014 was not the same. I bought this for my nearly 7 year old knowing that it was rated 10 and up. She loves Katy Perry and especially her newest song 'Roar' and that was my main reason for purchasing this version of Just Dance in particular. Quite a bit of this is not content I would deem appropriate for anyone under 13 or so. Blurred Lines, which I had not known the lyrics to prior to purchasing, is IMO highly inappropriate for a 10 year old (and certainly 7, but in all fairness, that's not the market age). I won't repeat the exact lyrics because it's not appropriate even here, but will summarize it by saying it involves lots of sexual suggests, "getting nasty", "up all night to get lucky", drug use. There were also quite a few other songs that were equally inappropriate for 10 year olds but this is one that sticks out the most. Along with the adult lyrics, there is more moves in JD 2014 with gyrating, shoulder shaking, etc that would be more appropriate for an older crowd than in Just Dance 2.

It's not all bad, Katy Perry's "Roar" is a great song, with appropriate choreography to go with it as well as the crowd pleaser YMCA by the Village People. But for now I'm left with taking away a Christmas present until they (also have an 8 year old) are more mature, and even then, I don't know that I want my child at any age gyrating and shaking certain body parts to lyrics about "getting nasty" and "I know you want it".

And yes I realize there is a Just Dance Kids, and also a Just Dance Kids 2014, but they are quite honestly (unintentionally) geared towards preschoolers. Not to mention the reviews are not honest with all the 'paid for' supposedly "honest" (yeah right!) reviews out there. My 7 and 8 year olds don't want to dance to nursery rhymes of hickory dickory dock and skip to my lou sung by kids, reminiscent of the numerous toddler mommy and me style classes we went to in their younger years. They want to listen to (appropriate) pop songs they hear on the radio sung by the artist themselves.
44 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2013
So happy with Wii Just Dance 2014. I have all the JD games & this one has more options than before. I'm 44, so I don't know several of the songs but I love 6 of the songs & starting to like a few others (that are new to me but I'm sure others will recognize them). I'm hoping there will be more songs to download soon. I love the choreography, graphics & cute avatars. Also, if you have a microphone, you can sing along if you're not dancing. Wii motion control remote works perfectly & is very accurate in all the dances & songs. I have already downloaded a few songs & have unlocked songs & mash-up songs. As soon as it arrived, I played for 2 hours straight: & I was planning on napping because I was exhausted! Shows how much I enjoy the game! I am delighted "Just Dance" song is on this game. I can't wait until my 10 step-grandkids come over this weekend: they will be delighted to play with me. Because of some of the lyrics, I will be careful not to let the kids under age 12 dance to a few of them. I've had this rule with all of the dance games, because I'm overly cautious so they're used to that. Of course, I will be giving them their own JD2014 game at Christmas. I love the sweat mode & exercising: hours fly by quickly. I tried to do the world version but my wireless internet connection wouldn't work for some reason. I can shop but I can't dance in world mode. Oh well... at least I can do everything else. I highly recommend this game to teens or to anyone who loves to dance.

10/17/13 Update: I did the world stage dance last night & stayed on for an hour. For impatient me it was nice to know how many seconds left to wait for next song. 24 people were playing at same time & I eventually improved enough to be in top 10 people with my scores. With all the virtual coins I collected, I was able to unlock more songs & mash-up songs. I'm aching today from doing the sweat mode of dancing. I love all the JD games & glad I have this one too.

12/4/13 Update: I finally got around to it: by using my USB microphone (sold separately for Wii games) enables me to sing karaoke-style & if I sing correctly, I earn more "mojo" virtual coins toward avatars & songs/dances. Lots of fun but I make sure no one is home when I sing along while dancing simultaneously. I'm sure I look & sound like I've lost my marbles. :)
on April 24, 2016
I love playing this game! It’s great for a family of mostly girls. There's music that I know all the lyrics to and some I have never heard before but the songs grew on me. I like it because usually, my family just likes to watch TV all day, but playing this game it gets us moving.

The Good: Songs are great; hit songs that were on the radio in 2014.

The Bad: Nothing, I love this game.

I would recommend this to a friend and I will continue to buy the Just Dance games.
review image
on September 2, 2015
I think the Just Dance games are fun no matter what but, this isn't my number one favorite. Could have possibly been the music on it of course. Although my goddaughters found the dance moves to be fun. No matter what you will still have a blast with any Just Dance game and also a bit of fun exercise so its not that I don't recommend it. I just think some of the Just Dance games were a bit better. Still don't regret the purchase since the price wasn't bad.
on August 18, 2015
boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and :)
on December 1, 2015
Love this game. It is so nice to be able to get a workout and have fun! My daughter dances with me, and it's fun to watch how much you improve the more you play. Cool music, and lots of different options to keep you from getting bored. Especially in "just sweat" mode if you can keep up!
on November 24, 2014
Bought this for the kids since they love dancing and they really enjoyed the 2013 version. This version is not as good and many of the lyrics have bad words so we don't use it. Next time, I will rent it before buying it to make sure it will be used.
on April 6, 2016
Such a fun game for the whole family! The songs are kid-friendly and up-to-date. The dance moves are easy to follow and comprehend, not to mention an excellent workout! This would make a great gift to dancers of all ages!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2016
Some of the games before this i.e. Just dance 2,3,4, which I have all of, have some better songs on it. This one seemed like it was grabbing for trendy songs instead of fun songs to dance to like in the past. Still a good game though.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.