Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

Just Dance 2014
Format: Video Game|Change

on March 4, 2014
The game itself doesn't seem to be a whole lot different from the others we have owned. We had the earlier ones on Wii so this one has the Kinect instead of the remotes to tell if you are doing it right. I will comment that the camera is very accurate on seeing what you are doing and the moves you are asked to perform seem to be more complex than the Wii ones we are used to.

The karaoke feature is my favorite as always to get bonus points for singing. But the best part of this game turned out to be the mash-up videos it makes as it records you dancing. I really find them to be a hoot as it always seems to catch you at your silliest. I find myself doing the game just to see the payoff and see what it has done with the video at the end. Whoever was responsible for creating that part of the game bravo. It may have been in older versions on the xbox 360 or PS3 if you had the cameras, but this version steals the show for me.

The only thing I've noticed as a negative is that it sometimes picks up things in our living room as players that aren't. For instance when it was Christmas time it would think our Christmas tree was a player for some reason. While it was hilarious to see this happen and have it do the mash-up video with a hat or panda head on the tree, it does make me wonder how well it's actually seeing what we do on the camera.

That being said, it's fun to play and we are still playing it after several months which is more than I can say for some of the other games we have had in the past.
on January 15, 2018
Just got this for nostalgia's sake, because my daughter had it when she had the Wii, and it was a lot of fun for all of us to do. My younger daughter just got the xBox One S (worthless) and we were hoping to play this on it. Unfortunately, NO Just Dance works on the xBox One S or X. There's an engineering mistake and they forgot to include the Kinect port. This means that in order to hook up the Kinect, you're required to purchase a $300-400 adapter. Total ripoff. In my opinion, though, this is the last Just Dance that had any songs the average person would know. The newer ones are absurd.
on January 5, 2014
this game is a blast. have played it for 2 weeks by myself and with my family. it's not highly technical but better dancers get higher scores. the songs are surprisingly fun for someone who isn't a pop fan. i hope the kinect integration is continued to be pushed.
on January 13, 2014
I have enjoyed playing this game for fun as well as fitness. The song selection is pretty typical pop, with a couple of oldies and world beats. I even enjoy playing songs I don't really like that much - the experience is just entertaining. The Just Sweat mode could be better and integrate with the whole experience. I.e. being able to track time/calories when playing with others, etc.

The Kinect can be dicey at times with picking up accuracy. It's very generous to those who make more movements/stick with it. At times I find even if I follow instructions to the 't' I'll receive X's. It's weird but I just like to dance and have a great time playing this.
on February 15, 2014
I love that you can dance and sing with this game and earn points for both. The music selection is just "Ok" and I gave it only 4 stars because the cost of new music is outrageous ($3 per song). I'd love to add more songs to the game, but paying as much as I did for the game for just 10 additional songs turns me off. However, the game does give a good workout and is a lot of fun, so I'll just play with the included music until I'm sick of the songs.
on January 9, 2014
I use the 10, 20, 40 minute sweat mode for this and it's honestly some of the best (funnest) cardio I've done in a long time. I actually look forward to burning some calories and having a blast while doing it. I've even gotten 3 other friends into it because they jumped in when they saw how fun it was. I'd do it all over again!
on May 13, 2014
My wife loves to dance and she thoroughly enjoys the songs and the moves. She uses it to workout and I have tried dancing to the tunes a couple of times but feel that the moves are tough. It doesn't have a tutorial mode to teach you to dance.

I thought the XBox 360 Dance Central was a better one.. more easy for people who do not know to dance (like myself) but my wife thinks this is good too. I can't disagree with her and convince about the Dance Central ( when a better dancer you something you better accept it)
on September 1, 2015
Don't use it as much as I should but it is fun. My husband, who is in Army physical shape, has a hard time doing this for long periods of time. But me who had a baby by c-section 8 months ago, i still experience pain now and then, I can dance for a hour or so. Fun songs, moves and I really like the work out feature. It allows you to play any song from the list while timing you. The dance moves are different in the sweat mode but still really fun.
on June 16, 2014
Even a good dancer may look silly in this game, so don't be scared to get up and dance. It's fun for all ages. You'll need some decent space to dance, and best if you're about 10 feet or so away from the TV/Kinect. It's not very fun to dance by yourself unless you really enjoy dancing, but with a group of 4 people, or battling it out 1 on 1, it's a lot of fun. The music selection is decent, but somewhat limited unless you buy new tracks. Be prepared to get a song stuck in your head, and later if you hear it on the radio, you'll remember back to the dance moves in the game.
on April 20, 2015
So much fun!! 4 people can play at one time, there are a variety of songs and dance routines, it is family friendly and everyone loves to play it!! Excellent workout and so funny to watch the replay after it records you dancing.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.