Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Just Dance 3 [Nintendo Wii]
Format: Video Game|Change

on October 8, 2011
In the beginning there was DDR. Video game "dancing" consisted of mashing your feet to certain patterns. It was fun, it was a great workout, but at the end of the day it wasn't really dancing.

Then along came Just Dance, which introduced the world to dancing to popular music using "real dance move", the kind that you could practice at home and then wow everyone with on the dance floor. It was slightly annoying that the controller accuracy was a bit off, but the dance moves were so fun we didn't care. Just Dance 2 introduced much better motion control accuracy. Plus, it introduced the concept of "duets", where people could dance cool choreographed routines together. And it was another winner. Because of the popularity of Just Dance, this spawned a lot of "copycat" titles from Ubisoft to cash in. Dance on Broadway. Michael Jackson The Experience, Just Dance for Kids. Even Just Dance with Smurfs. They were fun, but at a certain point they started to get a bit tiring, as they were all variations of the same theme.

And so, we've all been waiting to see what Ubisoft would do for an encore with Just Dance 3? Could they push the genre forward, even as copycat titles on other platforms like Dance Central on the Xbox and Everybody Dance on the PS3 encroached on their turf? I'm happy to say that Just Dance 3 pushes the platform even further and does it with great success.

When you start up Just Dance, the first thing it asks is if you'll connect Just Dance to the Internet so that "Ubisoft can learn more about the way you play to make Just Dance even more groovy". I wasn't sure quite how to answer the question, but I figure since Just Dance doesn't use a video camera like those other systems, there wasn't too much harm in it.

The opening menu, like in Just Dance 1 and 2, is delightfully simple. There are only a couple choices:

1) Dance!

As with the previous versions, you just right into the dancing. What I love about Just Dance 3 is that getting started is extremely simple. No silly things to take up your time like creating avatars. No adjusting of cameras or calibrating of equipment. You just shake your remote to see what "color" you are on the screen, and get started.

You can create a profile at any time; your name is limited to 5 characters. If you don't create a profile you'll be dancing by default as "Happy" (as opposed to "Sunny").

As with previous version, your job is to dance the "mirror image" of a colorful silhouetted on-screen figure showing you the dance moves. I'm happy to say that the motion controls are better and more accurate than ever. Granted, it still only detects the movement of one arm holding the Wii remote, so technically you could still just hurl your arm the right way to build up points. But of course the fun of the game is to get into the dance with your full body (and in fact, if you follow the choreographed moves perfectly with your whole body, your score will be better than ever). One other subtle improvement over previous versions is that the audio cues coming through the Wii remote (for example, when you hit a milestone while dancing) are much louder and clearer than before.

The choreography and backgrounds are as fun and in some cases as quirky as ever. For example, in Wilson Pickett's "Land of 1000 Dances" you're following a dancing alligator in a fancy suit dancing in a schoolroom. And yes, you "do the alligator" :) If you dance well on some songs, you can see the background animate and change.

As with Just Dance 1 and 2, each song has a "technical difficulty" indicator from one to three gears, and a "workout intensity" indicate from one to three drops of sweat. There are over 45 great tracks to suit everyone's tastes, and most of the songs are popular and familiar.

Multiplayer is where this game really shines. There's "Dance Crew Mode" which is like Duet Mode, except that up to 4 players has their own independent choreography (and a chance to shine with a solo performance). There's also a "Dance Til Dawn" party mode where you can just start the game up and it'll cycle through songs all night, without the need to go back through menus again.

2) Just Sweat

As someone who follows Wii exercise titles very closely, this option was the one I was most excited about. You can choose from a "Free Session" (an instant fitness session for up to 4 players) or the "7-Day Challenge" (A selection of challenges to boost your fitness during 7 days).

For "Free Session" You can choose from a variety of options for the kind of music to work out to, including:

Speed Shuffle
Fancy Dress Ball
Around the World
Extreme
Sweat Attack

There are also fantastic options for working out in a group, including:

Duets
Dance Crew

I tried Sweat Attack, and sure enough I was sweating up a storm after just one song. The songs kept going and the more points I collected (in both Dance and Just Sweat modes), the more a "Mojo" meter filled up. Each time the "Mojo Meter" was full, it unlocked a "gift" of another game mode, song, or choreography (the first to be unlocked is Simon Says Mode). There are 27 "gifts" to unlock, which will definitely motivate you to keep coming back and building up those points. The songs in my case before I collapsed of exhaustion were Cee Lo Green's "Forget You", The Black Eyed Peas' "Pump It", Anja's "Dance all Night", Wilson Pickett's "Land of 1000 Dances", and appropriately, C&C Music Factory's Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)..all very energetic and lively (and fun) songs.

As in the Dance mode, you rack up points when you hit the right dance moves. In addition, as with Just Dance 2, they don't count calories for some reason, but rather, they count "sweat points". With Just Dance 2, the consensus on the Web was that 4.2 sweat points = about 1 calorie burned, and it seems about the same with Just Dance 3. In all honesty, I'm not sure why they didn't just use calories, which would have made things a lot easier. But still, as long as you do the math in your head, you can pretty much figure out how intensive a workout you're getting (since each song earns you about 400-500 sweat points, it'll take about 25-30 vigorous songs to reach 3500 calories, or 1 pound of fat lost). As you reach certain points, the system will give you an indication of how much exercise you've done (after completing 1000 sweat points, it told me "You've just walked across Central Park"; after 2000 points, it said "you've just run 10 rounds of the Wembley Stadium").

For "7-Day Challenge" you're presented with three options for the next 7 days: The Fresh Start (3500 sweat points a week, the equivalent of walking 30 minutes a day), The Healthy Choice (7000 sweat points a week, equivalent to running 30 minutes a day), and The Sweat Explosion (21000 sweat points a week, equivalent to swimming for 30 minutes a day).

Overall, I loved Just Sweat mode, but I would have liked to see the ability to chart my progress over days and weeks. Still, it's a great improvement over previous versions and definitely one of the best workouts you can have on the Wii.

3) Store

This is where you can purchase downloadable content (DLC) if your Wii is connected to the Internet. As of this writing (October 8, 2011), the store contained only the following songs:

- Baby Don't Stop Now (Anja)
- Jambo Mambo (Old Orquesta)
- Soul Searchin (Groove Century)
- Twist and Shake It (The Girly Team)

But a bunch of empty icons indicates that there are more coming soon. Each song costs 250 Wii Points, so if you buy a 2000 point card for about $20, this comes out to about $2.50 a song.

4) Extras

This is where you can adjust options, such as whether to display lyrics, display pictograms (the icons telling you what move to make), display help screens, and track usage. You can also view the medals you earned.

I think one of the questions most people will have on their mind is: is Just Dance 3 on the Wii still relevant when there are so many new "real dance move" games out for systems like the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. My answer is a resounding "yes". Not only does Just Dance 3 hold its own in terms of fun and accuracy--it actually has an advantage over those other systems. While those systems force players to squeeze into a camera view of 6 feet across, with Just Dance, players can stand anywhere in the room, and it doesn't even matter if there are spectators or "dancers without controllers" standing among them.

Long story short, I think Ubisoft has taken a great franchise and moved it even further. Just Dance 3 for the Wii is another winner.
713 helpful votes
714 helpful votes
2323 comments|Report abuse
on July 8, 2015
Love the music and dancing for this game--it actually is a pretty good work out for couch potatoes or those aspiring to move and get their groove back :) It keeps the kids happy too (although there are some titles we have to skip over bc of content--like seriously--why?? for a "family game" would you have a song about sucking a "lollipop"?!) I wish they would make family friendly versions of this without resorting to a kids-bop version....
on August 2, 2015
I wanted a Just Dance game for my Wii and I picked this one because it was less expensive than the others. I’ve had a lot of fun playing this game! I find it’s difficult to get a high score, but I’m not sure if it’s because I’m uncoordinated or because the motion tracking isn’t great. I don’t really pay much attention to the score though, since I’m just playing to get myself moving and have a good time!

I think the song selection is great, and there really is something for everyone. The dances are fun and there seems to be something for every level of dancer. I play mostly by myself, but occasionally my husband will play. I admit he’s not a big fan because he feels like he isn’t good at it. If you’re a little self conscious and won’t enjoy yourself if you feel like you aren’t getting every move, you may not like this game. I’ve played with my mom and my sister as well, and we have a blast!

I feel like the menus are a little tedious to scroll through, but it’s not too bad. I’m also not a big fan of the sweat mode - I’d like to have an exercise mode that goes directly from one song to the next without me having to push any buttons. However, I don’t know if this game doesn’t have it or I just haven’t figured out how to make it work. Honestly I haven’t spent much time trying to figure it out since I have other exercise games that work exactly how I want without my having to think too hard :)

Overall I recommend this game - it’s fun to play alone, and I think it would be even more fun to play with friends - just as long as everyone has a carefree attitude about it.
on May 11, 2017
The family loves this. For those parents worried about offensive language in the lyrics of some of the songs, the vocal track is faded out much like a radio-edit. It's great for rainy days when the kids need to get some energy out. Depending on the difficulty level and amounts of songs done consecutively, an adult could break a decent sweat and get a good cardio work out...or you can be lazy, do it seated, and just wave your right hand around.
on December 1, 2012
I like this product!
I am a regular featured broadcaster on Twitch, and my viewers also enjoy playing and watching me dance live on cam. I must say this game had many mixed reviews and controversial comments. But never fear I am here to be loud and clear.
Pros:
First of all many people are saying that the songs are not suitable for children, but I disagree, All songs are rated E+10 for kids 10 years and above. This game has no bad language and is fun for both kids and adults.This game has improved motion controls so it feels more like dancing and less like making your self look like a fool.

Secondly this game offers 51 songs selection and yes some may be a repeat from Just Dance 2 but it shouldn't be much of a fuzz. I personally added a (FUN) and (SWEAT) tag on some of my favorite songs. Especially the Exclusive Mario one which is only available on the Nintendo Wii. Most songs aren't familiar to regular people, but give those songs a chance and you will be glad you did because there are some very creative and structural songs that will test your ability to reach the highest score.

Thirldly this game offers +37 and counting DLC tracks in addition to the regular tracks. Each song costs ($2.50) 250 Wii Points. Sadly these DLC songs will use up your Wii's memory blocks so choose wisely which songs you want because we all know Wii has few limited memory blocks.

Fourthly this game has many more modes as compared to Just Dance 2 respectively my favorites are duets (2 player song) and dance crew mode (4 player songs). You have to work together with the other players which helps build connections.
If you prefer to lose weight skip over to "Just Sweat" or choose songs with harder difficulty. Also you get gifts for completing certain goals.
Free Session Modes:
Fancy Dress Ball
Around the World
Extreme
Sweat Attack
Cons:
Right off the bat I can say you can cheat by playing sitting down and get an alright score, but for a perfect score you need to move the Wiimote all around your body to make the Wiimote register more movement for more points. Choreography pictures can be hard to identify during 1st play-through but you will remember them after 2-3 plays.

Final Thoughts: I believe this game offers hours of content, exclusive songs, DLC songs, alright graphics, 4-player multiplayer, fun controls and all at a great realistic price. The cons are only minor and can be avoidable with experience.
Thanks for reading my review below are all the songs and my recommendations. Don't forget try the Mario song.
#08.Ubisoft Meets Nintendo: Just Mario (FUN)

JUST DANCE 3 COMPLETE TRACKLIST
01.2 Unlimited: No Limit
02.A-Ha: Take On Me
03.Anja: Dance All Nite
04.Aretha Franklin: Think
05.Bananarama: Venus
06.Black Eyed Peas: Pump It (FUN)
07.Bollywood Dream: Kurio ko uddah le jana
08.Cee Lo Green: Forget You (FUN)
09.Countdown Mix Masters: Beautiful Liar
10.Daft Punk: Da Funk
11.Danny Elfman: This is Halloween (FUN)
12.Donna Summer: I Feel Love
13.Dr. Creole: Baby Zouk
14.Duck Sauce: Barbra Streisand
15.Girls Aloud: Jump (For My Love) (FUN)
16.Groove Century: Boogie Wonderland
17.Gwen Stefani: What You Waiting For
18.Inspector Marceau: The Master Blaster
19.Janelle Monae: Tightrope (Solo Version)
20.Jessie J featuring B.o.B: Price Tag (FUN)
21.Brahms by Just Dance Classical Orchestra: Hungarian Dance No. 5
22.Katy Perry: E.T (only in the Special edition)
23.Katy Perry: Teenage Dream (only in the Special edition)
24.Katy Perry featuring Snoop Dogg: California Gurls (FUN)
25.Kiss: I Was Made For Lovin' You
26.Konshens: Jamaican Dance (SWEAT)
27.African Ladies: Pata Pata
28.Latino Sunset: Mamasita
29.Laura Bell Bundy: Giddy On Up (Giddy On Out)
30.Lena Meyer-Landrut: Satellite
31.Lenny Kravitz: Are You Gonna Go My Way
32.LMFAO featuring Lauren Bennett and GoonRock: Party Rock Anthem
33.Madness: Night Boat To Cairo
34.MIKA: Lollipop (FUN)
35.Nelly Furtado featuring Timbaland: Promiscuous 832. Pointer Sisters: I'm So Excited
36.Pointer Sisters: I'm So Excited
37.Queen: Crazy Little Thing Called Love (FUN)
38.Reggaeton Explosion: Boom (SWEAT)
39.Rita Mitsouko: Marcia Baila
40.Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman: Somethin' Stupid
41.Robin Sparkles: Let's Go To The Mall (FUN)
42.Scissor Sisters: I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
43.Sentai Express: Spectronizer (SWEAT)(FUN)
44.Sweat Invaders: Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) (SWEAT)(FUN)
45.Taio Cruz: Dynamite (FUN)
46.The Buggles: Video Killed The Radio Star (FUN)
47.The Chemical Brothers: Hey Boy Hey Girl (FUN)
48.The Girly Team: Baby One More Time (FUN)
49.The Sugarhill Gang: Apache (Jump On It)
50.Tommy Sparks: She's Got Me Dancing (FUN)
51.Wilson Pickett: Land of 1000 Dances (FUN)
JUST DANCE 3 DLC COMPLETE TRACKLIST
01.Anja: Baby Don't Stop Now
02.Ole Orquesta: Jambo Mambo
03.Groove Century: Soul Searchin
04.The Girly Team: Twist and Shake It
05.Irene Cara: Fame*
06.MC Hammer: U Can't Touch This* (SWEAT)
07.Kris Kross: Jump*
08.Ubisoft Meets Nintendo: Just Mario (FUN)
09.Santa Clones: Crazy Christmas
10.The Bangles: Walk Like an Egyptian (FUN)
11.Britney Spears: Toxic*
12.Harry Belafonte: Jump in the Line (Shake, Senora)*
13.Mardi Gras: Iko Iko
14.Reggaeton: Baby Girl (SWEAT)(FUN)
15.Reel 2 Real featuring The Mad Stuntman: I Like to Move It (Radio Mix)*
25.Snap!2: The Power
26.Sweat Invaders: Skin To Skin
27.Boney M.: Rasputin
28.Charleston: Mugsy Baloney
29.KC and the Sunshine Band: That's the Way (I Like It)
30.Kim Wilde: Kids in America
31.The Reverend Horatio Duncan & Amos Sweets: Down by the Riverside
32.Nick Phoenix & Thomas J. Bergersen: Professor Pumplestickle
33.Gorillaz: DARE
34.Supergrass: Alright
35.Sorcerer: Dagomba
36.Paul J. Borg: Futebol Crazy*
37.The Weather Girls: It's Raining Men (FUN)
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 18, 2012
I've been trying out various games to see how good they are when it comes to burning calories or working out. On the positive side, Just Dance 3 will definitely make you sweat if you really try to do the moves, and I mean you will really sweat. Yes, you can stand still and wave the Wii remote around and the game wont know the difference, but that would defeat the purpose of buying the game in the first place. I never played either of the first two games so I have no opinion on this one versus what came before, but I saw no issues keeping up with what was happening on the screen, except to say that the technology of the Wii is probably not the best platform for a dancing game like this that can only sort of track whats going on based on how you wave the remote around. This tends to become annoying when you move somewhere outside of the range of the infrared sensor while dancing and get and X for failing that step in the dance.

I was really getting into this game the first couple of times I played it, for about an hour each time, but the magic wore off pretty quickly. The biggest reason that I can find is similar to some other reviews that talk about the music selection. There are a few big name hits on there, but the game is full of stuff that you wouldn't want to dance to outside of a game, or you find yourself dancing to some crazy song that you have never heard of, which makes it harder to actually play the game. The most fun comes from playing the game to songs that you know, and then there are a few unknown songs that are worth getting to know. The rest just feels like filler.

Overall this is a fun game, but it would be so much more if it had a action packed playlist. I'm also not a fan of this kind of thing with a limited system like the Wii, though I don't know how this game compares on the Kinect, which can see full body movements. Even that technology may not truly be up to par yet. This game is a definite winner for those looking to burn calories, but if you do it every day the same small selection of songs will start to turn you off more than the exercise.
4 helpful votes
on July 16, 2015
Excellent game! I've lost a lot of weight playing this. It's a very fun, high intensity cardio workout. This game has weekly or single workout programs, which track your progress with sweat points. 1000 and I've walked across Central Park, 5000 and I've swum the Nile River. This can save a lot of money if you can't work out outside, and gyms are pricey. I always credit this game when people ask how I did it. Anyway, I gave this game 4 stars, since some songs don't track moves easily. Even though I'm mostly playing for sweat points, a few songs on the playlist can take a long time to unlock. Also, I liked the song selection of Just Dance 2 better, but California Girls, Beautiful Liar, and Night Boat to Cairo made up for this. I mostly bought it for the Hungarian Dance #5, but it took forever to finally play. Despite this, it's still a great workout and I really enjoy it. I highly recommend this game!
0Comment|Report abuse
Just Dance 3 for the Wii solely tracks a single controller in one hand while you dance along to a collection of songs. As simple as it might sound, it's actually quite a lot of fun!

I've played and enjoyed many dance games over the years. I still have a PS2 set up in the basement with a bunch of Dance Dance Revolution games, to play with those. We also have Kinect and a PS3 move. Each system has its benefits and flaws. The DDR games of course only care about foot stomping. Kinect can see your entire body, and doesn't need you to hold anything! This Wii game falls somewhere in the middle. You dance with your whole body, but the sensor is only in one hand, so it has no idea what the rest of you is doing.

On one hand I like how they have each dancer and scene customized to the song. A 50s-feel song (Crazy Little Thing Called Love) has a pair of kids dancing at a drive-in. Boogie Wonderland has a quartet of boogie-dressed dancers doing choreographed moves. You've got an undersea mermaid, "Respect" complete with 60s landscape, and much more. It really is quite fun, and the characters movements are incredibly smooth, too.

Each song even has dance moves appropriate to the song and era. You don't have random clapping / kicking / etc. that happens to be in time with the music. The moves really do "feel" like they would go with the song and era.

I'm also appreciative that the load times are quick. So many times when you're playing a dance game you have to wait 1-2 minutes between songs, which gets frustrating very quickly. Here it's nice and quick moving from song to song.

They have a great range of songs, so that young kids will find songs they like, and adults will have some as well.

So there's a lot of good. What's the flaws?

First, as mentioned, all the game senses is a single arm. They don't even have you holding a controller in each hand. So the game only knows what one arm is doing.

Next, I wish they at least gave you a few options amongst era-appropriate characters. Maybe different colors of skin and hairstyles.

Most importantly, though, the screen layout is not optimal. You have your character in the middle that you're supposed to match. You have a small shape in the bottom left which sometimes - but not always - tells you what to do next - you have to interpret its rather cryptic clues. Then you have an indicator in the top left which lets you know if you did an action well or poorly. It can be frustrating the first few times through a song because you have practically no idea what to do and you can't watch everything at once to know how you're doing.

So it's important to know that up front. Expect a learning curve for each song. You'll have to watch it a few times to figure it out and get the hang of it. Then once you can do the dance simply from memory, you can mostly watch the top left indicator to know if you did each move well enough to count.

I also wish they offered more feedback on WHY you didn't get a perfect score. Other games have a variety of ways to do that which is quite helpful. Here you're sort of on your own.

Still, the game is a ton of fun, a great way to stay healthy and boost your mood. It can be played alone or with friends. Well recommended!

We purchased this game with our own funds.
4 helpful votes
on February 4, 2013
Let me start by saying I got this for my 8 year old. When she asked me to partner up with her I did; but didn't realize I could use this to burn calories. Now I use this daily to work out. So we have had it a little over a month; and I pretty much am tired of it. I use it daily; started off with the 1000 step routine and 7 day challenge. I moved up to the 3000 step routine. I combine this with using a Fitbit as well, I am not sure the Wii is too accurate because it records the movement of the controller. I could literally shake the controller; stand still and show steps; which is highly inaccurate.

To begin there are times I have recorded 3450 steps. Yet when I turn it on the next day, it has erased the information and shows totals under 2900. It is frustrating for someone who exercises and sweats and wants to see their daily totals accurately. It has happened many times, even when the note pops up that I reached my daily goal.

I find the songs lacking. Some are a joke and literally feels like you are just walking or moving oddly even in the sweat category. There are funny songs that most people never heard of. Mind you I know oldies, 80's, 90's, until now. I am in my early 30's with a vast knowledge of music. There are few songs to get the blood really pumping. For example - Britney Spears song uses barely any movements. As well as a high energy song Like Gwen Stefani "what are you waiting for?" the dance is so slow its ridiculous. I like a variety and find only 15 songs are ones I can exercise to daily. That though gets tiring listening to the same music repeatably daily. Song selection is terrible for a little child as well. Tons of fun songs that could have replaced the ones most of us don't want our kids singing.

After doing 3000 count step routine for 2 weeks, I am bored and ready to move onto another work out routine. This comes conveniently with now getting disc errors when trying to exercise. I was willing to settle with the disc until my new exercise disc came but now the game won't work after a month of use. I am completely disappointed.
on April 22, 2017
I was expecting these to be newer trendy songs, but I barely knew any of them. My children were only motivated to dance to the ones they knew (which was even less than what I knew). Waste of money for us.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.