Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 935 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,197 reviews
TOP 100 REVIEWERon September 8, 2010
My kids play games on the Wii - I'm in it for the exercise. And if you can have fun while you exercise, how great is that!

I started out with Wii Fit and the balance board. Highly recommended, especially for the balance exercises. If you THINK you have decent balance, you will find out that you're kidding yourself. Next I went on to Wii Walk It Out. Wowser - it was so fun that I didn't notice how much I was walking.

Now I have Wii Just Dance and this is just sooo cool. Going by the scoring, I am really really bad, and I'm not arguing with that! But if there was a fun-meter, I would be at the top. It is really easy to see what the avatar (or whatever they call the dancing figure) is doing. Yet it doesn't feel like standard exercise tapes (which I have tried and conveniently lost). It isn't a cartoon figure, they used live people and it makes it so much better.

No matter what level you're at, you can do this dancing exercise. For example, make it easier by just doing the arm movements and leaving off the leg moves. (Which I have to do until I've played a dance a few times anyway.) Which brings me to another benefit over just walking - you use your whole body. Arm movements, hip movements, waist movements. You are using your whole body, again, making it as low impact as you need to.

Right now, my routine is to warm up with the low-impact stepping exercise on Wii Fit. Then I go on to the balance exercises on Wii Fit. Then I do a little harder walking on the Wii Walk It Out. Then I end with dancing on Just Dance. All of a sudden, the time has flown by and I'm late getting to an appointment.

Very Very recommended, and I pre-ordered Just Dance II

Happy Reader
on February 6, 2012
I have all three just dance games for the wii, and this was the one I purchased last. I do just dance 2 & 3 every day, so my scores are usually over 10,000...but when I got this game, I was confused! My score will obviously be lower because I haven't practiced these songs, but the recognition of it is just terrible in comparison to the other two games. I thought this was supremely disappointing because to me, it has the best song list. It's really frustrating to be doing the moves and still have it giving you big X's over and over again. Despite the awesome song list, I'd recommend going for 2 or 3 instead. Playing this version of just dance made me wish I just had an xbox kinect, so I wouldn't have to deal with the stupid wiimote not registering my moves.
on February 18, 2010
I bought this to have another option for my kids to burn some energy on those days we are stuck indoors due to the weather.

I never expected to enjoy it just as much as my 6 year old does.

The song list is varied enough that she knows quite a few of the songs which drew her in at the beginning. She often requests the 'move it move it' song because she knows it from Madagascar but has gotten into some of the others as well.

The scoring is a little screwy but as long as your purpose is having fun & not competing it matters little. However, I do feel that if they are going to have a scoring option that they need to work on making it more accurate. Why offer it if it isn't going to work very well?

The reason for 4 stars is the scoring & only having 30 songs, which is not enough. I wish they would at least offer an option (like Rock Band) where you could upload more.

I think it will take a while for this to get old, and I bet by then they will have come out with a new version which I'll probably be buying as well.
on January 19, 2010
The motions to Ring My Bell had me laughing so hard that I just had to stop and sit down. I am not a dancer and can't figure out my right foot from my left. Thankfully, I didn't have to worry about my feet; all I had to concentrate on were my arms and having a good time. The game doesn't fail you, so again, you can leave worry behind and just have a good time. My review is based upon only thirty minutes of play with my boys (10 and 11) on multiplayer challenge, but the fun we had in those thirty minutes was priceless. I can't wait to share this with my fun adult friends who have a lively sense of humor.
on March 22, 2017
The original game which started the legacy. The first installment of the JD series is a lot of fun, but the song selection is a bit meager compared to its successors. That being said, there is still a lot of fun to be had!
on March 18, 2017
great
on March 4, 2017
A+
on November 17, 2010
I'm in a wheelchair and have no use of my legs. This game is a great way for me to stay seated and still dance and work off some calories.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.