Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Just Dance Summer Party - Nintendo Wii
Format: Video Game|Change

on May 24, 2015
I bought this for my daughter and she really loves it. She has always loved to dance along to music but never tried any of the "Just Dance" Wii games before. She loves that it shows her dance steps and moves that she never tried before, so she is requesting several other Wii games of this sort for her birthday and for Christmas. Very impressed by this, and, of course, glad to have made my daughter a happy dancer!
6 people found this helpful
on November 27, 2017
If you're new to Just Dance games and this is the first one.. you're going to think it's awesome.. but if you played some of the newer Just Dance games and get this you're going to find this very boring... I bought mine .used in acceptable condition.. there are no scratches on it came with English and Spanish manuals... like brand new except it wasn't wrapped in cellophane couldn't be happier ..I always buy used.. why pay a whole bunch for a new game....
This is the Wii game and if you're thinking about buying a Wii U .you can play Wii games on your Wii U all you need is your wii remote for this game ..I like the games for the Wii system better.. because the Wii U games one little scratch and their garbage and they're way too expensive
review imagereview imagereview image
on August 4, 2011
I love the fact that just when you get so good at a Just Dance game you can't beat your own top scores; they come out with another Just Dance. I agree that there are not as many songs as on Just Dance and Just Dance 2 but it is $10 cheaper than when the other Just Dance games were new releases. I must say I do not like the songs as much because there are more modern songs and way less 70's and 80's songs plus I like to do a fast paced work out with 4-5 songs and on the other Just Dance games there are several fast (and longer like 4+ minutes each) songs to choose from for your work out but this is a plus for teens as there are more songs they know. Also, you can change your dancers name but you have to wait until a dance starts then put your arrow over your dancers score/name (where it lists your score during a dance) and hit the select (middle button) and it will take you to a place to create your name. It is true though that this is NOT EXPLAINED ANYWHERE in the directions so I can see why other users "think" you can not change it. This game has less song selection but is a great bridge in the time gap between summer and the release of Just Dance 3 in October. I will be purchasing every Just Dance game because although there are pros and cons I still think they are the best dance games out there.
30 people found this helpful
on September 24, 2011
If you're a fan of the Just Dance games you won't be disappointed with the Summer Party. It's the downloadable ones from Just Dance 2 that Ubisoft put out on disc so you don't have to download them. That's why there aren't so many songs as in the regular games. But I'm also quite happy they did it since my Wii isn't hooked up to the internet and I prefer a disc copy.

Overall I love six of the dances, enjoy about half of them and might do the rest again when I'm bored with the first ones. But that's normal with the game.

If you've never played any of the Just Dance games? This one might be a good place to try them out since it's less expensive than the full games.

As for my ratings. This really is a fun game, people may give it less stars because they don't like all the songs, but who does? Overall, it's worth the five stars.
4 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon August 27, 2011
I purchased this game for an after school program from Amazon's Gold Box for $14.99 and it was worth every penny. Just Dance Summer Party is such a great game because even if a kid doesn't have a controller, they can still dance along and perform the moves. There's a variety of songs from different eras (Kung Foo Fighting)which can entice even old foggies like me to play. Of course, a major benefit is a just about any adult that plays gets a great sweat-producing workout.

I just watched about 30 kids, ages 6 to 11, "playing" this game projected on a large screen in four player mode. The top scorer gets to stay in the game and choose the next song. The other three players go out and the next three players go in. While waiting their turn, most of the kids, who were lined up in a half-circle around the playing area, played along sans controllers. It was a kick to watch and to get in there a play a few games too.

Good times.
5 people found this helpful
on September 2, 2011
I own Broadway Dance for the Wii, so when I saw this game as a gold box special, I figured I would try it. I love to dance and I hate exercise and Broadway Dance gets me moving.

I just opened my new game tonight after work, and I couldn't stop dancing!
I am sure my neighbors hated the fact that I was dancing my butt off at 3am:)

I decided to do the "Just sweat" program, and I am supposed to do 3 songs a day to get to a target of 1000 sweat (?) I don't know if it is supposed to mean that's how many calories I burn?? It isn't clear.
Anyway, it was fun. I ended up doing about 5 songs to reach my goal for the day, but I don't mind.

The only thing I really don't like is that some songs aren't total body. For instance: "Firework" basically only works the right arm. I thought it was going to fall off. That arm does all the work. I wish it were more balanced like in the Broadway game.

The Wii remote is very responsive in this game. That frustrates me in Broadway, because the sensor doesn't always recognize the moves.

All in all.. very fun. I can't wait until tomorrow to do more :)
5 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon September 24, 2011
I enjoy DDR but I found having to get the pad out and set it up when I wanted to us it to be a pain, so I thought I'd give Just Dance a try. I'm totally loving this game and I'm hooked. It has the same great game qualities as DDR but no dance pad needed, just the hand controller. Just watch the characters on screen (and the bar at the bottom to tell you what moves are coming up) and follow along. It's so much fun and even the slow songs that I thought wouldn't be fun to dance to are a lot of fun. The variety of songs is great and even after playing with it for several weeks I'm not tired of the music choices (something I found to be an issue with DDR pretty quick).
One person found this helpful
on October 24, 2017
boring
One person found this helpful
on September 24, 2011
We love WII Just Dance games. We have played the Just Dance 1 & 2, and Just Dance Kids. I have to say that our family doesn't own a WII play system, or any game system for that matter, but I buy these games because we love them so much we take them to other's houses and play them there. LOL...Anyway, the songs are good but I didn't feel like they were songs that were like the top 20 of any decade. None the less, you will remember most of them and enjoy learning the dance moves. And really when it comes to kids, it's all about the beat!
on November 27, 2011
This is the first Just Dance game we have tried out and it's a hit! My daughters are 5 and 10 years old and they both love dancing to all the songs on this game. The only song we're not crazy about is "I'm Crying Blood". I've never heard it before and it really is kind of an odd choice for a dance game. The girls just skip over that one song because they don't like it either. Other than that, most of the songs are catchy and make them want to dance along. With the wide variety of music they are now learning some classic songs that I grew up with as well. I plan on getting more Just Dance games for the Wii, lots of fun!
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.