Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 817 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 934 reviews
on July 28, 2016
Normally, my kids and I LOVE the Little Critter books, so I ordered this one as a gift from my son to my husband (his daddy) for Father's day. It's a cute book and all, compared to some of the other stuff that's out there, but it lacks the imagination and humor found in many of Mercer Mayer's other books. For example, "Me Too", the story of Little Critter and his constant struggles of his kid sister who always wants to tag along, is one of my kids' favorites. It's got a laugh on every page and gives a fuzzy warm feeling at the end. Likewise, "The New Baby" and "The Trip" are actually enjoyable to read (some kids books are just painful), but Just Me and My Dad seems really uninspired. My son, 3, barely got through one reading of this book and has never wanted to read it again. Every other Mercer Mayer book we own he has asked me to read dozens of times.
on March 26, 2014
Great book for my husband to read to our child. I love the illustrations. My only complaint is that it enforces the gender role stereotypes which are not exactly appropriate for our family. (I, the mama, am more into camping and my husband is a scientist and more into book stuff). But overall the book tells a cute story and is suitable for young children.
on June 14, 2016
What a fabulous book. I ordered this specificly for a bed time story for my son and husband to share together. They both loved the story and have read it several times. The book is a paperback book but very high quality. It has nice thick pages and a nice thick cover so it wont tear easily.
on March 25, 2017
My 29 year old son grew up with little critter books and now my grandchildren are! Wonderful to start helping your child learn to read at home. Funny and relevant for small children and their adventures growing up!
on March 13, 2017
Great read for a new reader. Kids love to read about family time. It is a household favorite. All of the Little Critters books appeal to preschoolers through 1st grade. A cute and fun series.
on June 12, 2016
This is a cute little storybook. I bought the book for my kids to give to their dad for Father's day that he can read to them. They are all sure to love it.
on July 9, 2014
As the one "Just me and my Mom" this was a gifrt for my great grandaughter. It came in excellent condition and be loved for a long time. As with my children, this series is a favorite.
on March 9, 2017
Excellent reading for pre K child. Author Mayer always delivers a quality product.
on March 6, 2017
Product as expected. No issues.
on March 3, 2017
The best. Good illustrations and storyline