Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Just Jake #1
Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 4, 2014
This is next only to Sherman Alexie's Absolutely True Tales of a Part Time Indian. It is laugh out loud funny. When Jake met the knitting boy I could not stop laughing. This is shockingly well-written. I do not care who you are. Seriously, buy this book. I do not know Jake, I live in Newfoundland , Canada, but Bravo! I cannot wait for the next book. Are you sure you are 13? You must have truly amazing parents. What a lucky boy to have a sister who is such a "worthy nemesis". Good for you! I hope you sell a million copies!
18 people found this helpful
on March 13, 2014
I saw the network news on this book, as I prepared to take my own freshly published memoir to a 5th grade class for a talk. I got four copies to take along. To show this beautiful middle schooler's creation to the classes was proof. Life worth living is for stories worth telling. Special hats off to the illustrator, adds an extra special something. Morgan Scott Phenix
One person found this helpful
on June 7, 2017
This a great fun book for kids and also for adults who's inner child is still in grade school.
on July 15, 2014
We bought this for our nine year old daughter because she likes to write stories and we wanted to show her a published child. Our 11 year old son read it also. Just Jake didn't become either of their favorite book but they both read it all of the way through and shared several funny parts with me.
on March 26, 2017
It arrived in perfect condition and looks like a fun read for my grandson as part of the trilogy!
on April 18, 2018
Nice book.
on August 30, 2016
I'm twelve years old and I LOVE these books! The kid is a comedy wizard! Extremely funny, good story line, just absolutely love this series. I am also a young writer, so my mom thought that it would be a good idea to read books from other kids, so she found this and gave it to me and is one of my favorite series!:)
on March 21, 2014
The biggest buzz in our senior community was over a young author who had appeared on an evening news program. Durning
a CBS news interview, Jake Marcionette talked about, initiating interest in his book. The book which I bought for my grandson, is
entitled, "Just Jake". I was pleasantly surprised, for the quality of the writing and the charactors are remarkable.

I found "Just Jake" to be honest, witty, hearfelt and very funny. When the unexpected happens one can't help but cheer on the
young author. I'm looking forward to a sequel and perhaps a third book to complete a "Just Jake", trilogy.

Well Done!
on March 11, 2014
Great book, was purchased for my son after he saw a blurb about it on the news. He is not a big reader so to hear him fuse at his sister "your just like Jake's sister" was great. He enjoyed the book and is waiting for #2 to come out.
on June 2, 2014
I just 5 stars simply because my children loved it. We saw a report on a television show where Jake was being interviewed on. The we went straight to Amazon and made the purchase. Now my children can't wait for more books. Jake is an inspiration to my children. They want to be a young author like Jake.