Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

Just Me and My Dad (Little Critter)
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 22, 2016
I've been looking for a gift for my cousin as a wedding and baby shower gift since last summer. He's very nature centered, they don't like loud toys, expensive clothes or anything of the sort, so when I was offered to review this product at discount (still submitting an unbiased and fair review), I jumped on it! This was PERFECT!

The packaging is beautiful. The instruction card is in color and very detailed with an adorable quote on the back. You get a lot of seeds in each of the little containers, and I loved how they were organized.
Sometimes people are hard to shop for and I would just hate to get my cousin something they won't use and they may just throw away. This gift will serve their whole family and maybe even Thor community! I cannot wait till they receive it!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 20, 2010
Hey Dad, if you are looking for a book about developing your relationship with your daughter, this one will cleverly get you in the mood for a bonding experience. Dads need to set aside time for their daughters on a regular basis. It is probably good to get away from the "home" and note some interesting places where Dad and daughter can bond, without any other family members watching on.

As is his strength, Mercer Meyer uses the character of little critters to tell his story. The story is non-threatening, in that Dad takes responsibility for providing the experience with his daughter, the little critter. Based on the already developed strength of the Dad and daughter, this story builds on the continuing experiences in which Dad allows his daughter to venture out and try new things, noting that he is always there to work through any concerns.

When the daughter, aka, the little critter, makes an attempt at some venture, Dad is there to enable the daughter to gain her strength. On the other hand, should the situation turn difficult, it is Dad who knows how to turn around a bad situation and see the better side of it.

Mercer Meyer cranks out all kinds of books like this; there are many examples of character building, and watching the animals, aka, the little critters makes it laughable. So, read it and laugh! Oh, yes, "Happy Father's Day!"
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 12, 2014
Sorry to be pedant but it should be "Just My Dad and I". Maybe "My Dad and Me". Never "me and my dad". Children should be learning English correctly from the very start and there is no excuse for this.
33 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 19, 2015
Came just in time for Father's Day. I ordered this and another Little Critter book for my 1 year old. I remember having these books as a child and I absolutely loved them. My favorite part of the books was the little mouse hiding in each picture. These books are cute little stories with a lesson sometimes. I know my little one will love these books for years to come, just as I did. They came brand new as described. I will be purchasing more.
review image
on April 27, 2016
This is another wonderful story by Mercer Mayer about a young boy and his dad going camping in the woods. Little Critter tries to put up the tent but has some trouble, he launches the canoe to hard and puts a hole in it, They go fishing instead and Little Critter catch's a big fish only to have a big bear come and steal the fish. They make coffee and tell ghost stories before finally drifting off to sleep with the other animals outside the tent.

My daughter loves the simple story and always enjoys looking at the illustrations to go along with the text. The book is pretty short like all the other Mercer Mayer stories. The story has a lot of heart and some of the expressions on the faces always make my daughter laugh. I would easily recommend this book for any parents with toddlers or small children. It is nice to see a dad in son in an actual tent instead of an RV with cable TV. The point is to get away from civilization and enjoy the outdoors. Be one with nature that sort of thing. The only downside is that there is not a few more pages to the story.

The artwork is classic Mercer Mayer probably from one of the first Little Critter Stories not the newer ones.
on June 14, 2016
What a fabulous book. I ordered this specificly for a bed time story for my son and husband to share together. They both loved the story and have read it several times. The book is a paperback book but very high quality. It has nice thick pages and a nice thick cover so it wont tear easily.
on October 4, 2015
For some reason I didn't notice this was a paper book. Our grandson is almost 9 mos old and will demolish the pages at this age. We have to stick to board books for now. But this will be fun to read to him when he is older. Grandson and Grandpa are good buddies and the pictures and writing in this book are so neat.
on May 7, 2016
This is such a classic book. We gave it as part of a Father's Day gift for my husband's first year as a father. Our son loves the whimsical illustrations and the story of a kiddo and his dad!
on June 11, 2017
Perfect for my son to give to his daddy for one of his first Father's Day presents. He will love reading this to his little boy!
on August 22, 2017
I was trying to get a sweet kid/dad book. This poor book makes the dad look like an idiot. Hah.