Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 317 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 383 reviews
on October 11, 2015
I was hoping for a sweet story about a mom and her son, but this missed the mark for us. It's basically about a little boy that can't do anything right and his frustrated mother. I think it would have been better if there were a nice moment to balance out each bad one.
review image
on December 28, 2016
seriously hate this book. I had the just me and my dad book first. It is cute they do fun stuff together while camping. Little critter has a great time. Just me and My Mom is the WORST. He is bored and tired and his mom makes him do stuff he doesn't want to do. I won't even read it to my daughter because it makes mom sound like no fun and awful. Mom's can do a lot of fun stuff, why this author chose to make hanging out with mom sound horrible I do not know. So disappointing.
VINE VOICEon October 17, 2013
Continuing the tradition of reading Little Critter to each new generation, I acquired this book after realizing our old copy had gone missing from our collection.

This book is somewhat old, and may offend some by its "traditional" or previous American standards. That is to say, whenever Mayer writes about spending time with the father Critter it's usually about sports or the great outdoors; whenever it's about the mom it's usually shopping or cooking or cleaning. So that's a caveat to the modern reader.
These things never bothered me as a kid; I don't think I even realized them. As adults, of course we pay more attention to these things, but recall that it's a pretty old book with older standards in mind.

With that for thought, this book like other Mayer-exclusives where the artwork is simply outstanding and the text and word usage is age-appropriate. My daughter never sits still, though, and loves to nab the book from my hands and pore through the pages herself.
The books these days are thinner than my older copies--obviously a reduction in material quality. They still hold up through my daughter's forced page-turns, so no worries there.

For every book we're missing from our LC collection, she (and our subsequent children) will receive one for each holiday and birthday. When my siblings have their own children, the library will be passed down until our grandchildren, and hopefully their children thereafter.
on May 29, 2015
I bought a bunch of these for different family members. Can't beat the price! I liked the themes and context....Grandpa, Dad, Grandma, etc. But they're very thin, lower quality paper. I guess that's reflected in the price. They don't have many pages, stores I very short and the illustrations are often very very busy. Almost to the point that my son has a hard time focusing on the story. So for us, they weren't a good fit. There arew better books where he can learn more and we can still tell a good story before bedtime.
on August 21, 2015
Okay, I lied. I don't really personally like this book. I love the Little Critter series, but this wasn't a great fit for me and my son, just because of the activities they do. It's pretty stereotypical things you would do with you mom. So, for most people, this is probably awesome. For a single mom who is fairly outdoorsy or doesn't like shopping or "girly" things in the big city, meh- maybe not what you are looking for.
on December 19, 2016
As a Mom, I read this book over and over to my sons. They loves it and so did I. My grandson now enjoys Mercer Mayer books. They are clever, smart, easy to understand and with the original illustrations, you can't go wrong. Wonderful tales.
on June 17, 2016
I paid full price. I am not a paid reviewer nor did I receive them for free or at a discounted price.

We love all little critter books and the Christian based ones surprise me...they are pretty good too. My kids love them all. We are on a quest to read every single one.

I even enjoy them :-) my kids understand little critters sense of humor and get how silly he is.
on March 13, 2013
I got this for my son - I like it because they rode on the bus, cabs, etc. They also went to visit the Museum of Natural History (which is in NYC), and I'm from NYC. So this story seems to relate to me and my son in small ways, and it's just a nice book for mothers to read to their sons. It's a day out in the city with Little Critter and his mother, and they get into all sorts of mishaps innocently. The book like the other Little Critter books are short, the sentences are usually just one lines or two, so great for young toddlers. It arrived within a week with Free Super Saving Shipping, everything arrived new and nothing was damaged during shipping.
on February 29, 2016
I can not explain how much I LOVE this book! I am a single mother and it is hard to find books that are about just mommy and child. My daughter loves this book as well and she is able to read it by herself (7 years old) which is a big plus! Thank you!
on July 29, 2016
Cute story to share between a child and mother. Great series too.