Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on December 4, 2002
Ah, Samantha Fox. She was an 80's pin-up queen, notorious for her days as a topless Page 3 model in the UK. She's also quite notorious for what could only be called 'sleazy cheese'. Campy pop songs with a naughty vibe in them sung by a naughty girl.
Naughty Miss Fox opens the album up with the thumping club cut 'Hurt Me! Hurt Me! (But The Pants Stay On)'. Silly and sleazy is the tune she's playing here, and she plays it so well. Fun continues on with a medley of the disco classics 'More More More' and 'Love To Love You Baby', done in true Fox style. A clubby pop cut 'Don't Wait Up', is a good track too, and is followed by the title cut, which is a funkier R&B attempt.
Sam's next track sort of reminds me of Janet Jackson's 'Escapade', and is called 'Pleasure Zone'. The rest of this album all falls along the same vein as these tracks, fun club pop from the early 90's. More good examples of this includes 'Don't Cry Wolf' and 'Saving It Up', the latter of which reminds me of the Pebbles single 'Giving You The Benefit'.
Now there is one chunk of rather stinky cheese wedged in this fun little collection. The not necessarily bad 'Spirit Of America' is weak, in it's attempt at faux- patriotism. Sam's a Brit babe, why sing an ode to us? Very odd really. Not bad, but just, well, strange.
I think it'd be really fun if Samantha Fox made a comeback. Hey, crazier things have happened. Fun little pop effort.
on September 16, 2014
I was a fan from day one but this album is where she has lost me. I wasn't very enthousiastic about her first album (except for Touch me and Do ya do ya which I love) but her second album was great, her third was her best and this one is to me the record where she and her team jumped the shark completely.

I'm sorry to say this because I was crazy about her up until her album I was have some fun : which is one of the best albums I have ever heard in my entire life but this one is so not like it and it's really too bad.

Where do I start ? The painful to hear screams on Pants stay on (who the hell thought it was a good idea to make a crowd yell : hurt me ! hurt me ! like this ?!). I loved when she laughed on the song I wanna have some fun but when she laughs in here, it sounds like she's mocking us, and boy did she mocked her fans if she thought that we would ever like an album like this.

The song Just one night is boring as hell (I can't believe she made a single out of it) and so is More more more. She did justice to Dusty Springfield's I only wanna be with you on her previous album but her version of Love to love you baby here is shameful.

The only 3 songs that sounds like her previous effort here are : Don't wait up (not great but good), the wonderful Don't cry wolf (it's as good as all the tracks in I wanna have some fun and should have been there) and Another woman (too many people) but she released it as a single with an awful Harding-Curnow remix that wrecked all the chances of this song ever becoming a hit (even though he's a great remixer most of the time : Phil Harding did great jobs for Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys or East 17), I must admit that he and his pal Ian Curnow sometimes screw remixes up : their awful Shocked remix for Kylie Minogue is another one of these awful remixes : probably the reason Kylie chose a DNA remix for the single instead of theirs).

So here's what I think about this sad sad album. And the fact than Samantha Fox did not do another album for Jive/Zomba after this one is proof that by that time, Samantha Fox was more interrested in touring the world than paying attention to the quality of the songs she was making then. I still don't understand how someone who came up with so many great songs as That Sensation or Confession could make an album like this after that.

But that's why I have put 3 stars on my review. Because I love Samantha Fox very much, I have the upmost respect for her as a singer and as a songwriter and her 2nd and 3rd album are the best records I've ever heard but sadly with Just one night, she doomed her carreer forever and I'm very sad about it. After this album she has made other wonderful dance tracks like Go for the heart, Let me be free or Deeper but things will never be the same again. It makes me really sad because she was really something and I often miss her.

The reason why I put 3 stars on my review is also because the deluxe edition is great (great pictures of Sam inside, all the records sleeves, release dates, Sam talking about each song and remix herself (!) and a lot of bonuses on 2 discs : they are both litterally full (1 hour and 19 minutes each !) but I don't understand why they chose to put the instrumental of But the pants stay on instead of the official single remix ( ! ) weird choice, don't you think ?
on July 19, 2000
Back when "touch me" came out in 86 I really loved the song. I was living in Europe at the time and it was a huge hit over there. When I discovered the album by the same title I bought it right away in order to start my collection of Samantha fox. Browsing through the other albums I heard the samples for "Just one night" and thought, I have to get this one next. I didn't know about the album until I got onto the net and discovered Amazon.com (yes my life is nothing without Amazon.com) the samples hooked me so I ordered it. On the first listen, I thought, Give me a break, can't the woman do anything more then moan and groan her way through a song? I liked Hurt me Hurt me but knew right away it would not be a favorite of mine. "Love to love you" is much better though she goes overboard with the moaning. for me the best track on the album is "Another woman" "Spirit of America" grew on me and so did "pleasure zone." I can see however with this album why Samantha's career suddenly dried up. I mean you've done it once with the sex thing, move on; Madonna did. this is the kind of CD that you will play once in a while and only if you feel like listening to something different. It certainly is not going in my top CD rack. I do however like the spoken word aspects of the album and would love it if Samantha released such a CD for a laugh. She sounds like a really nice woman, funny and sexy but her problem from day one has been that she has put her sexuality above her music and it cost her in the end.
on May 29, 2000
After the success off "I Wanna Have Some Fun" Samantha released this album in 1991. The first half is definitely very cool due to its dancey Full Force tracks. "Pants Stay On" is a thumper about not having sex, which, ironically, is followed by a medley of disco classics "More, More, More" & "Love To Love You Baby." The medley is a great dance song and it's "classic" Sam. "Don't Wait Up" is in the same vein as "I Wanna Have Some Fun" with Sam telling her man that she's going out to have fun, but the beat is different and the song is great for any club. "Just One Night" is very slow, but the end is humorous with Sam talking with her man. "Pleasure Zone" is a fan-favorite but I never really liked it, it's very rock/dance which doesn't do much for me, but others may like it. You also get the original version of "Another Woman (Too Many People)" which is cute because Sam raps the verses in that cute cockney way. The rest of the album lags off. They are all rock/pop except for "Saving It Up" which would have fit in better at the beginning of the CD. The reason for the first half being dance and the second half being rock is because Sam's record company wanted another "I Wanna Have Some Fun" and Sam wanted a more rock feel, and this is what came out of their dispute - a so-so album.
on January 25, 2004
"Hurt me! Hurt me!" was the best tune on the CD, but it wasn't as good as her earlier work. Although in the video she still looked hotter than the lid of a pot-bellied stove. I heard for the title track she had to sing completely in the nude to get just the right 'atmosphere'. She apparantly sang it to Paul Stanley of KISS because Paul had written a song about her called 'Heart of Stone' which appeared on the KISS album 'Revenge'.
I think Miss Fox was scraping the bottom of the barrel for material on this album. She didn't do much writing anyway, but the Full Force gang had ridden it's course by 1991. She sould have found herself some new writers and got away from the third rate B-sides she was trying to push.
on December 8, 2002
though samantha fox broke onto the scene as a cross between lita ford and kylie minogue (that would be early kylie, before she flitted off to japan and reinvented herself and the diva du jour of the ultra-hip queer clique), _just one night_ finds her attempting to expand her audience base into the urban genre. with production and songwriting by full force and c+c music factory, and back-up vocals by full force proteges and powerhouse vocalists cheryl "pepsii" riley and ex-girlfriend, fox does successfully transition from a pop/rock to a pop/r&b vein, but it proves to be too little, too late. with the exception of the lead track, "(hurt me! hurt me!) but the pants stay on", which is a stand-out sheerly because it's such a novelty song, the material on _just one night_ sounds like b-sides from more talented artists of the day, like milli vanilli, new choice, seduction and pebbles.
on September 28, 2009
What makes this album good? What kind of styles she does? Since 1987, Sam decides to move from her rock roots to more of US Urban music by working with Full Force, Cheryil Pepsi Riley and Cilives and Cole and X Grilfriend. Now this album is good. Now Sam is very ecletic with her styles, like on this album, the first half were Freestyle and Hip Hop which was productions by Full Force and last 2 were rock styles except for what you see is what you get which sounds more pop. However, sam continues to go what she does best is sexual teases with her moans and sexual lyrics like Hurt Me! Hurt Me! But The Pants Stays on, More More More/Love To Love you Baby, the title track and Saving It Up, which she goes overboard with her moans. Nevertheless, this isn't a bad album but its worth listening to. If you like this album, try Kylie Minogue's lets get to it and martika's kitchen
on July 13, 2002
THIS IS MY FAVOURITE CD FROM SAMANTHA FOX SO FAR. ALTHOUGH OTHER PEOPLE MAY DISAGREE, I THINK IT'S THE BEST BECAUSE SHE MOVES ON AWAY FROM MORE POP INFLUENCED LIKE "HOLD ON TIGHT"&"I PROMISE YOU[GET READY]" TO MORE MATURE SONGS THAT COME FROM EITHER R&B,HOUSE,OR ROCK LIKE "SAVING IT UP","PLEASURE ZONE",AND "HURT ME!HURT ME![BUT THE PANTS STAY ON]"&"SPIRIT OF AMERICA".HER VOICE HAS MATURED MORE AND SHE TOOK MORE CREATIVE RESPONIBILITY OVER HER WORK. A FABULOUS ALBUM WORTH CHECKING OUT IF YOU ARE INTO R&B/DANCE-POP,HOUSE,& POP-ROCK. GET YOUR COPY OF "JUST ONE NIGHT" TODAY. I ALSO RECOMMEND THESE CD'S: PEBBLES-"GREATEST HITS",RICK ASTLEY-"GREATEST HITS",CATHY DENNIS-"MOVE TO THIS",TEENA MARIE-"IVORY",MILLIE JACKSON-"21 OF HER BEST",TINA COUSINS-"KILLING TIME",JOMANDA-"SOMEONE TO LOVE ME",LISA STANSFIELD-"LISA STANSFIELD",ANN NESBY-"LOVE IS WHAT WE NEED[THE DANCE ESSENTIALS",KARYN WHITE-"MAKE HIM DO RIGHT",BANANARAMA-ULTRA VIOLET",LIL'SUZY-"LIFE GOES ON",SHARON REDD-"REDD HOT",JODY WATLEY-"AFFECTION",THE SPICE GIRLS-"FOREVER",SWV-RELEASE SOME TENSION",MONA LISA-"11-20-79",VERONICA-"RISE",CHAKA KAHN-"CK",KLYMAXX-"GREATEST HITS".
on April 23, 2009
WELL TOO MANY WORDS HAVE BEEN SPOKEN AND TO MANY THINGS HAVE BEEN SAID SO I WILL PUT IT IN ANOTHER SIMPLE WAY: ''JUST ONE NIGHT'' ALBUM BY SAMANTHA FOX WAS A GREAT ALBUM BUT UNFORTUNATELY IT DIDN'T TOP THE CHARTS BECAUSE FOR S O M E P A R T I C U L A R R E A S O N IT HAD NO PROMOTION FROM THE SINGER'S RECORD LABEL! ITS SOUND WAS EXTREMELY FRESH AND MATURE (SAMANTHA WORKED WITH THE HOTTEST GROUP AT THAT TIME, C&C MUSIC FACTORY, AMONG ALL THE OTHERS PRODUCERS) AND IT WAS SIMPLY MUCH BETTER THAN SOME OTHER R'N'B ALBUMS THAT WERE RELEASED AT THE SAME TIME BUT HAD A BETTER PROMOTION AND THUS A BETTER LUCK TO THE CHARTS....
on July 24, 2005
With this album Sam's career tumbled, which is understandable, because basically all songs are weak. You can get into the Full Force song "Hurt me", but already the lyrics aren't convincing. "Another night" or "Spirit of America" are rather boring songs stressing on hits like Madonna's "Justify my love" and American enthusiasm. Not convincing