Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 69 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 84 reviews
on September 30, 2014
This extraordinary film succeeds on many levels. The screenplay, direction, casting, cinematography, and acting are all top notch, but what really sets Just Say Love apart is its faithfulness to its origins. Whereas so many films based on plays/musicals fail miserably, this film's faithfulness to its original form is precisely what makes it the very special film it is. It embraces its origins, and what results is a film of beautiful simplicity.
In less capable hands, Just Say Love might have felt somehow confined or restricted. But the screenplay is written by the playwright, David J. Mauriello, and his skills clearly both guide and shape the film.
Finally, I was quite impressed with the performances of the two leads. The dance, push and pull, the sexual tension between these two characters is palpable from the first time we witness their initial encounter and the intensity never diminishes.
What might have been a heavy handed and overly philosophical movie is surprisingly captivating. The viewer cannot look away from the exploration of the nature of attraction and love as the relationship between the two characters develops.
Just Say Love is a captivating, and surprisingly engaging film.
on January 4, 2015
This is a wonderful, moving film, directed and acted extremely well. The fact that it is a play with relatively little stage embellishments does in no way detract from the story, as the mind seems capable of filling in all the blanks. The story just takes you in and, from the start, you can't help but be emotionally involved and affected. While it has its painful moments, this film is a joy. The story of an evolving relationship between a gay man and a straight man after a momentary, one-sided tryst is really sensitively portrayed, though I do tend to doubt that a macho construction worker would be given to examining his feelings so adroitly and eloquently. Go along for the ride: what the hell, it is a moving portrayal !
Now I have to add a personal note here (boy, I have taken to doing a lot of these): those who think that the ending is somewhat unrealistic, need to think again. There is more possible under the heavens than you might think. I was involved in a relationship such as this and, while we never spoke the, "L," word, our time together (three years, until his sudden death at forty from pancreatic cancer) was quite affectionate and satisfying. I tend to be pretty independent, so I never hung on tightly, nor created any pressure, allowing him to come and go as he pleased. As he came around, slowly, on his own, over a period of three years, he was free to discover his own feelings toward and need of me. What started as a sexual liaison became, instead, a very affectionate relationship, hidden behind the pretense of sexual desire. By our last months together, it became more about the affection, contact, kissing and stroking (which we did for hours on end, with the increasing frequency of his calls and visits ) and far less about orgasms. Much more macho and gruff than the man in this movie, when time came for, "the talk," he freaked and was not at all able to handle it and so we couldn't put a name on what was happening between us. He couldn't discuss feelings at all. Who knows what might have happened had he lived, but with the frequent visits, I have a lot less cynicism about what is possible. Frankly, I have never been able to move on, and it has been 4 years since he passed. I think I got spoiled.
on October 1, 2014
This is the one. Only two men. If you are frustrated with way too much foul language, obsessive smoking, drug addiction, alcoholism, gay bashing, aids, murder, suicide and love affairs ending in violence or even death, then try this gem of a movie. I was able to relax and enjoy the unusual, but sweetly developing love affair between these two very different men without fear of a miserable or unhappy ending.The acting is good and the dialog is intelligent. It is as if each scene is presented on a stage or just outside the dwelling. I did not miss those action- type movies, being engrossed in the play. In English, no subtitles.
on November 27, 2013
Personally I loved this film. It is shot on a stage, but that tends to tie everything together in a way that might be missed otherwise. The relationship (and love) that develops is genuine, and the way it develops is done very well. Although the two men appear to be very different, what they want out of life is the same. And as it turns out, they have something very much in common (revealed at the end of the film). I have watched this film twice, and it is the kind of movie I could watch again and again. Don't expect a Hollywood production, just look for a great film with a solid plot, solid characters, and great acting.
on August 3, 2014
This is one of those movie/stage plays you need a little time and an additional viewing to get the full scope of what you have seen, and it was a perfect fit. I loved the banter between Guy and Doug throughout the play. It is smartly written and brilliantly acted by these two gifted men. What a wonderful premise to have this with limited props, it lets you focus on the script and the visuals which are both of these very nice looking gentlemen. The reviews I read almost turned me off, but then I realized that "Brokeback Mountain" got a lot of bad reviews so I thought I'd take the plunge and I am so glad I did. This is a Movie/Stage Play that requires you to actually think and reason with the outcome. It does what a lot of gay genre movies and plays lack, and that is a satisfying ending with real thought, although somewhat contrived. Highly recommended, "Just Say Love" is a clear winner in all respects, 5.0 stars 08042014.
on September 22, 2014
This is the second time I've viewed this movie. As other reviews have indicated it's filmed on a stage like
a play which is unusual but is very effective in conveying the story line. The actors are excellent. One reviewer
suggested it was the story of a gay man's falling in love with a straight man which in my opinion misunderstands
what the story is about. That part of the story actually deals with the coming out process for the "straight man" who comes to terms with his sexuality. The gay character also comes to terms with his insecurities as the story unfolds. It is a well told love story without the usual drama often associated with "coming out" stories. I won't spoil the ending, but it's really nice and a bit of a surprise.
on February 21, 2013
Basically what you are watching is a filmed version of a stage play adapted to a movie. It is not like most films I have seen in the past like "RENT Live" , but it somehow manages to come together in a very interesting and watchable way.

This movie/play is about a gay man who meets a married and somewhat confused construction worker outside of his apartment. As you might guess, it leads to a relationship between the two, but the wife who you never see is not aware. The construction worker is torn between the two and he can not really ever come to the conclusion if he is gay or not. I don't want to give too much away, so I will leave it there.

I think this movie was pretty good in the fact that as one reviewer already noted, it has a plot, a deep subject matter, and yes most gay movies are mostly either too over the top, or its like they ran out of money and it just ends leaving the viewer saying "what the hell happened". There are not too many movies in this genre that are great films. That is unfortunate, but the films are getting better every year.

If this type of subject matter interests you, then you should give it a chance. At least do yourself a favor and rent it from Amazon Prime , but I am glad we own this movie
on November 12, 2013
The concept is unique in that the main characters Guy (gay) and Doug (straight) meet in what seems to be a quick sexual encounter. Quickly the conversation turns to a discussion of Plato's philosophy which Guy is studying and yoga teachings which Doug's girlfriend Gida professes. During the film, both characters grow in their understandings of human growth and relationships. It is a film of a stage play and uses theater sets, action techniques, and lighting. It is a beautifully told story and the actors are excellent. I was surprised by the ending. I highly recommend this film.
on November 15, 2013
This is a story of sexual desire, loneliness, friendship, and love between a gay man and a straight man. Although the story contains erotic elements, it is essentially a cerebral story rooted in the conversations and emotions of the two men. If you enjoy films that focus on dialogue and psychological development, you may well enjoy this. If you're looking for sex or action, it's probably not your film. That's not to say that the two leads aren't attractive--they are. And they are also excellent actors. The story is filmed on a stage set a la "Our Town." I enjoyed the movie a great deal, but it's clearly not for everyone.
on May 15, 2016
Great film and love story between two males--multi-dimensional characters defying stereotypical images of gay and straight. It is refreshing to see love addressed for what it is and not classified according to gender or label. Deep feelings come out in this film with some great moments to make the viewer smile--we can all identify with both characters, regardless of orientation as they deal with loneliness, unspoken emotions, death, rejection, and powerful physical desires, an amazing work of art from a film with a limited budget. A must-see.