Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6 reviews
VINE VOICEon October 14, 2004
I had this when it first came out in 1988, but was fool enough to loan it to a "friend." He promptly vanished with it. I hadn't given it much thought of late, but I had a real bug in my ear to hear Depeche Mode's single mix of "Rt 66/Behind The Wheel." I was truly surprised to discover that this CD is the only place you can find it any more! So I was happy to pony up the bargain price for this disc.

Aside from that rare DM cut, there are a few oldie but goodies here, including the outrageous dance mix of "Tubular Bells" by Book Of Love and Martini Ranch (featuring soon to be Movie Star Bill Paxton) coaxing Cindy Wilson to sing "Hot Dog." You also get the Morrissey rarity "I Will Never Marry."

Then there's the so-so stuff that the bunny label was trying to break, like Soup Dragons, who got better later, and James, who were great but languished in The Smiths shadow. There's also the bad: David Rudder's pop reggae and a poor remix of Erasure's "Chains Of Love." But like the old Warner Brothers "Loss Leader" albums of the seventies - oh gawd I'm gettin' old! - the "Just Say..." series was always worth a curious look. And I am STILL glad to have found "Rt. 66/Behind The Wheel."
on September 13, 2017