Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vinegar Nutritive Rinse Cleanser
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on February 2, 2014
I've tried it all from biotin to hair vitamins to rosemary oil...shampooing regularly, shampooing weekly, massage. Okay...you get the point! Nothing stopped the handfuls of hair that would come out of my head. (Did I mention I eat very healthy too?) It was a mystery and sadly, all I could do was hope that the next idea would work and put my hair up and out of sight. I used this Nutritive Cleanser yesterday after a shampoo. Waited 3-4 minutes and then used the Hair Loss Conditioner (Just Naturals). I've counted about 10 hairs total loss since then! Not handfuls...just 10 hairs. I am sold! On both products!
As a side note*** A hairdresser I know told me vinegar rinse helps hold color to the hair cuticle therefore its best to use before coloring the hair. Still works very well after months of usage (maybe 2 times a month). Remember to keep it on for 3-4 minutes! Remember to use conditioner as well afterwards!
on March 23, 2014
As of the date of this post I have used it approximately eight times. It is recommended that it be used once every two weeks, so enough time has passed in order for me to determine if it encouraged new hair growth. That is the reason I purchased it. Without making this review very wordy, I have documented my assessments in bulleted form below.

1) I really don't like the way it smells. It kind of stinks, actually. When I first apply it to my hair, it smells like rotting oranges.

2) After eight uses, plus/minus one over a four month period, I have not noticed any new hair growth.

3) I use a flowbee hair cutting system to cut my hair every Friday evening. I have noticed a larger amount of clippings since I started using this product. I should also mention that I apply a liberal amount of extra virgin olive oil to my entire scalp for 30 minutes every other Friday that I don't use this product. Supposedly, olive oil encourages hair growth, too. The jury is out on that claim. I also use raw aloe vera mixed in with conditioner every time I shampoo. Aloe vera is supposed to encourage hair growth as well. The jury is out on that claim, too.

4) My opinion is that I don't really believe this product encourages new hair growth. What I do believe is that it encourages faster hair growth, and that probably explains the larger amount of hair clippings I mentioned in bullet #3.

5) This product does not leave my hair in any better condition than it was before just prior to using it such as being softer, smoother, etc. This is no big deal to me, just mentioning it.

6) My hair "kind of" feels like it has more volume (emphasis on the words "kind of"). Maybe this product makes the hair shaft thicker, and thicker feels "fuller".

I'm not knocking this product. Obviously, many others have experienced better results than I have, so I may be one of the minority users who, unfortunately, did not experience desired results. This product probably works; it just doesn't work for me. If one was to ask me whether they should try it or not, I would suggest that they give it a try. Fortunately, due to the infrequency of how one is supposed to use this, one bottle will last a very long time, so it may be worth your while to try it. Good luck, or better luck, to you.
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2012
This product was the answer to my search for a natural hair rinse that would gently cleanse my scalp. The vinegar nutritive rinse has helped cleanse my follicles and I believe this has led to less hair loss for me. My hair and scalp love it!
on June 15, 2014
I have very fine hair. After the rinse it seems to double in volume. It makes my hair shiny and beautiful. Getting lots of compliments. Thank you.
on December 31, 2012
This product leaves my hair super clean. I use it every two weeks to give my hair that clarifying feeling after using the many hair products especially hairspray that go with today's hairstyles. I will definitely order this product again
on September 23, 2012
Let me start by saying I love the smell of the shampoo! It smell like oranges! I love it! At first I didn't really see much difference. I purchased this product due to my hair was like falling off so I heard about this product and immediately was interested. The first couple of times using the product I didn't see much difference but using it.more and more I definitely noticed that my hair wasn't falling off as much as before. I was really impressed! The bad thing is it's hecka small and hecka expensive but works great!
on April 4, 2013
This is really good product for cleansing product buildup. It is also very good at completely cleansing the scalp of residue, oil and dandruff. It can be used twice a month. I consider the product to be worth the expense. I love this product and it gets a thumbs up from me for being completely natural!
on February 11, 2015
I'm a West Indian, light-skin, mixed ethnicity chik with 3b/c and 4a combination hair. Finding shampoos and such for my hair is a pain of trial and error. After doing the 'big chop' in September to embrace my roots (cultural AND hair) I've been searching for something that would soften my natural locs and encourage health...and I think I found it. I've dropped the curly hair Garnier stuff and am using Cantu products instead: So far, so good. Needed a good cleanser. First time using it today. OMG!!! My hair is baby hair soft and clean WITHOUT ANY dryness at all. My scalp is soothed and not tight after air drying (I also battle skin/tissue/ligament diseases that cause constant pain of skin and scalp. Other products have made my scalp so dry that it feels like being shrink-wrapped, causing me to loss some hair in places). This vinegar rinse not only conditioned my hair and scalp but much of the pain I was feeling there is gone. Advice: Shake the bottle VERY well. Rinse with warm -not hot- water and tepid to cool for final rinse. Use a conditioning comb to saturate every strand. But most of all: Be gentle with your scalp and locs as you rinse this out thoroughly. Use a clean t-shirt or micro towel to dry your hair instead of a regular towel.
on February 1, 2016
I was skeptical about this item, but figured it couldn't hurt. I'm in my 60's and found my already thin hair was thinning a little more so with age. I've been using this for about 4 months with applicaton every 2 weeks or so. You can definitely smell the vinegar, but that fades immediately with your cream rinse. It really seems to invigorate the scalp, and it seems the age-related hair loss has stopped/slowed significantly. It's a little pricey, but you only have to use a small amount twice a month, so it's really not that expensive.
on October 28, 2012
I tried a supposedly all natural hair straightener a few months back (that is not found on Amazon.com) to relax some of my natural curl, but that product took my hair out within a week. It contained a chemical name aka Ammonium Salts - (Why would any company put a known hair thinner in a product?). I was completely bald in about a 3 to 4 inch radius size in the top and back of my head working its way downward. (All I could do was pray and buy a wig as I am too old to cry over it.) I tried the Vinegar Nutritive Rinse product since it is a clarifier and deep cleans your follicles. I left it on for a few minutes each use then rinsed well. I cannot make scientific claims, but my hair stopped falling out as fast as it started once I began using this product. It also made the little hair remaining on my head at the time feel better and softer. I agree that after thoroughly rinsing you should use a moisturizing conditioner. I had no allergic reaction to the product, but you may want to consider the acidic property of vinegar and your tolerance for it before trying it. I did not use this product like a regular shampoo but like a treatment - infrequent say every 10 to 15 days between washes. It truly seems to promote a healthy scalp, and my hair is growing back pretty and thick. I will keep using it for its benefits between regular washes.