Top critical review
71 people found this helpful
My experience was not as great as others here.
on March 23, 2014
As of the date of this post I have used it approximately eight times. It is recommended that it be used once every two weeks, so enough time has passed in order for me to determine if it encouraged new hair growth. That is the reason I purchased it. Without making this review very wordy, I have documented my assessments in bulleted form below.
1) I really don't like the way it smells. It kind of stinks, actually. When I first apply it to my hair, it smells like rotting oranges.
2) After eight uses, plus/minus one over a four month period, I have not noticed any new hair growth.
3) I use a flowbee hair cutting system to cut my hair every Friday evening. I have noticed a larger amount of clippings since I started using this product. I should also mention that I apply a liberal amount of extra virgin olive oil to my entire scalp for 30 minutes every other Friday that I don't use this product. Supposedly, olive oil encourages hair growth, too. The jury is out on that claim. I also use raw aloe vera mixed in with conditioner every time I shampoo. Aloe vera is supposed to encourage hair growth as well. The jury is out on that claim, too.
4) My opinion is that I don't really believe this product encourages new hair growth. What I do believe is that it encourages faster hair growth, and that probably explains the larger amount of hair clippings I mentioned in bullet #3.
5) This product does not leave my hair in any better condition than it was before just prior to using it such as being softer, smoother, etc. This is no big deal to me, just mentioning it.
6) My hair "kind of" feels like it has more volume (emphasis on the words "kind of"). Maybe this product makes the hair shaft thicker, and thicker feels "fuller".
I'm not knocking this product. Obviously, many others have experienced better results than I have, so I may be one of the minority users who, unfortunately, did not experience desired results. This product probably works; it just doesn't work for me. If one was to ask me whether they should try it or not, I would suggest that they give it a try. Fortunately, due to the infrequency of how one is supposed to use this, one bottle will last a very long time, so it may be worth your while to try it. Good luck, or better luck, to you.