- File Size: 2807 KB
- Print Length: 561 pages
- Publication Date: February 11, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06WD2R1CZ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #48 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$2.99|
Save $2.99 (100%)
Justice Box Set Books 1 & 2: Fast paced thrillers Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
The protagonist is a self-absorbed workaholic who seems to be able to get away with most things because she can, and everyone who meets her seems to fall in love or at least admire her mouthiness (I mean, spunk). She recognizes that her marriage is floundering but she does nothing to try to fix anything. She just hopes her husband will "get over it." In fact, she actually strikes up a new flirtation instead.
Spoiler Alert-By the end of the second book, nearly everyone she is close to has been put some sort of ordeal. Her treatment of others really made me wonder why anyone would want to remain close to her. Also, by checking Amazon, I discovered that she ends up marrying yet another character in a later book. I shall not be reading any more of this series.
1. Cruel Justice: I am so excited to have such a great new detective series to follow. DI Lorne Simpkins is a wonderful character to read. She is fiesty and tears into her work with gusto, not wanting to stop until she gets the bad "arse." Her partner, Pete, is the perfect counterpart to her and they make a wonderful combo. Lorne has some flaws, which only gives her characters more depth and realism. As a workaholic in a stressful job, she is trying to balance family life but still keep street crime under control. There is such a wonderful balance between these two separate storylines and it only adds to the character development. You end up feeling like you have known these people for years. That is such a hard thing to accomplish for a writer, and this just makes a reader not able to put down this book until the very last scene. Just when you think you know where this book is heading, it takes an about turn, something I think Comley must enjoy doing to her readers. She obviously likes to keep us on the edge of our seats! I am so excited there are 3 more Justice books available because Lorne Simpkins is someone I want to read a lot more about.
2. Impeding Justice: Wow! This was another winner from M. Comley. The action starts from the first page and lasts until the very last page. The author is not afraid to do what it takes, even risking ticking off the reader, to take the story in a different direction. And it works really well for her. This is not for the faint of heart for sure! This second book deals with a nasty mass murderer, drug and teen prostitution trafficking ring leader, the horrible Unicorn, who has it in for DI Lorne Simpkins. He seems to always be one step ahead of everything they do and this book takes us all over the place, tracking down leads, chasing his captives and evetually to an ending that still makes me shudder. The Unicorn has to be one of the top villians I have ever read about. Comley has quite the imagination to come up with these storylines and characters, and to make them believable to the reader takes a lot of skill. She is one of the best writers in regard to character development I have ever read--and I have read a ton of thrillers! You will enjoy the edge of your seat, crazy ride all through the book that this nasty murderer leads you and at the end you will be left breathless. Do yourself a favor and get the third book right away--you won't be able to sleep until you know what happens after this book finishes up!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Hard-Boiled
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Hard-Boiled
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals