- File Size: 1744 KB
- Print Length: 203 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Evernight Teen (November 2, 2016)
- Publication Date: November 2, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01MD2BSZT
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,613,336 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #384 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Steampunk
- #565 in Books > Teens > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Steampunk
- #1471 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Fantasy & Supernatural
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $8.00 (62%)
Justice Unending Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Justice Unending is the story of a tomboy named Faye Whitlock who lives in the Bastion, a walled country ruled by bodiless gods known as Unending. When confronted with the reality of her sister's possession--and imminent death--she rushes to say goodbye. She is promptly possessed by Aris, an Unending whose hobbies include murdering politicians and getting her hosts killed. Now that she's host to an outlaw, Faye must flee the Bastion while the Mother Duchess's army hunts her for Aris's crimes.
This book's biggest strengths lie in its pacing and characters. Justice Unending is an action adventure with a colorful cast of characters and a lightning fast pace. Faye and Aris have a great character dynamic and become endearing as they're flung from crisis to crisis. Their adventure leaves little time for worldbuilding, but Spencer wields vivid descriptions and POV assessments to give you everything need to know. That said, I'd love for a sequel to delver deeper into Justice Unending's world one day.
Faye's sister Justine is chosen to become the new incarnation of Belisama. Wanting to say good-bye to her sister before she is Fixed, Faye ventures to the manor of the Mother Duchess, mother figure of the Unending and ruler over the humans who live in her walled kingdom, Bastion.
However, the plan goes awry when the non-incarnated spirit of a rogue Unending enters Faye. They flee across Bastion in hopes of escaping the Mother Duchess and her army of Unending, receiving help from unlikely allies. The rogue Unending, Aris, reveals the shady underbelly of the founding of Bastion and the sacrifices that the Mother Duchess has been willing to make in order to perpetuate a system that allows the Unending to harvest humans and reincarnate as needed.
This book is a thrilling ride through a world that feels part medieval fantasy and part steampunk sci-fi, with a dash of romantic tension and an open ending that has me hoping for a book 2. A great, quick read, but also thought-provoking content about power systems and the ways we protect them.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Mystery & Detective
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Steampunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Fantasy & Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Steampunk