Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 1, 2018
Was loving the show, all of a sudden while I was in the middle of season 3 it is no longer available. 5 Stars for the Show *** Zero Stars for Amazon Prime for cutting everyone off who was watching it.in the middle of the season without warning*** will have to remember this when its time to renew my Prime Membership. Great Job of Customer Service.
66 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 4, 2016
I have watched the first three seasons of Justified and I AM HOOKED. This our "GO TO" viewing choice when we simply wish to relax and watch a show in the evening. My husband and I have really gotten involved with the characters and are always amazed that even someone with a big roll, may end up at the end of a fatal blow. We tune in now, just to see what drama unfolds and what staring roll character ends up gone. This is one of those shows where most of the time I am not really sure who is the bad guy and who is the good guy. I love a show that keeps me guessing and tuning in to find out how wrong my assumptions were and what unique turn of events have actually been written into the plot. I highly recommend this to anyone who loves to be surprised by the outcome and loves constant action.
on September 2, 2016
This is one of the best fast action, best acting I have seen in a long time. Riveting, fast plots, free thinking, and of course well written. Joel Carter is fascinating in how she can control her fears, emote her sadness, show her sexuality all in minutes. This woman is a fabulous actor. Erica Tazel grows in the episodes and her character performance is top notch. The men are some of the best actors out there. Walter Grogins for sure, no wonder he has won so many awards. Timothy Olyphant, Jacob Pills, Nick Searcy make you think this world is really out there in real life. So up to date on events and possible happenings. Never know who is going to get shot next, but it is Justified. Could use some of the good guys in Chicago to clean up that city's act!!!
on August 10, 2016
season 3 yeah the curly haired blond guy with the taxi driver handgun. yeah a few years ago when i first saw this season i was overall left flat. but last year when i binged watched this right here on amazon i found it to be quite an exciting season. mykelti washington is a revelation as limehouse. truly i hope there are a couple hollows somewhere in this country where the black man holds rule. it is a good season and it pushes the story along quite well. the restof the story is of course the dance between boyd and raylan. it's complicated. it's real as far as a life long dynamic. these two fine actors make me believe they did grow up together and worked in the mines as youths. i can buy this story and it's setting.
on November 16, 2015
This is a well written series and has a good balance between violent, often bloody scenes and some humor to help off set the other. The casting is great, and it is really nice to see some new faces. One we really enjoyed was the vicious, yet "bond-like" character of Robert Quarles, played by Neal McDonough. What a talent!!!
Aside from the stars of the series, the other cast we enjoy include Jere Burns and Walton Coggins. Both do their characters with flair and energy.
Also, we like the fact that, unlike Mr. Olyphant's previous series, "Deadwood", there is not a lot of really bad swearing. The language got so bad on Deadwood we quit watching it.
And, it is always fun to see scenes of where I grew up, although Newhall and Placerita Canyon have changed so much...I can still recognize some of the areas.
on April 18, 2014
Justified Season 3 is riveting, top-notch TV drama with a great cast of villains, the best of whom is the dapper Robert Quarles, a mob intermediary who tries to take over the rural Kentucky drug scene. Though ruthless and clever, Quarles can't dominate his Harlan County locals quite as easily as he or his city bosses assume. Boyd Crowder returns to his wicked ways as a rural drug lord competing with Quarles, two other local clans, and forever trailed by his boyhood friend and nemesis, Raylan Givens, the gun-slinging U.S. Marshall and series hero. Givens is torn between the dangerous, hardscrabble justice required of his job and a more domestic life as a father with his pregnant ex-wife. Just when you think domestic tranquility will win, justice propels Raylin into the ruthless crossfire between drug lords.

Season 3 is more intense than previous seasons, with fewer overtly funny moments, but the characters are so quirky, the dialog so crisp, and the situations so outrageous that Justified remains the best dark humor on TV. What separates Justified from some of the other darkly cynical, superbly acted series running on TV is the likeability of the central characters. Justified is at its core, a cowboy show and morality play, with good guys, bad guys, and a beguiling mix of good and evil in everyone, yet refreshingly unsappy. This is the tension of superior drama as you root for the good guys or good outcomes for the bad guys who are never completely bad, you hope!

Much of what passes for drama today is much less nuanced: akin to the cringing moments before a train wreck, void of redeeming purpose, spellbinding as it may be.
on December 14, 2013
I gave this series 5 starts because I firmly believe it deserves them. All the 3 seasons I watched. It is one of the best series I have ever watched, up there with "Rome" and "Lost" (although the latter spoiled it for me with its idiotic ending). So many things here appealed to me: great stories, with each episode being sort of self contained, so that you don't feel angry with it ending abruptly at a pivotal moment; the setting in the exotic (for me) rural Kentucky, with incredible cast of complex characters; mostly good to superb acting, including, of course, Timothy Olyphant's. There is much that is atypical in this film - and that's one of the main reasons for me liking it so much. Take, for example, the main character, Deputy Marshall Raylan Givens (Olyphant): the story plays on his being a Wyatt Earp sort of gunslinger, but it does so in a very understated way. Raylan gets shot and beaten up quite a bit, and he rarely resorts to drawing his gun and shooting people (not only because it is the 21st century and each such resolution leads to internal investigation). He is not a superhero - he makes mistakes (grave ones, too) and his relationships are a mess. A complex, flawed, but likable character.
My internal conflict comes from the fact that I liked the series so much I "binged" on it, going through three (!) seasons in two weeks. I'm embarrassed, because that's a lot of time devoted to entertainment. I'm somewhat glad that season 4 is not available on Amazon Prime - $35 is enough of a barrier to keep me from spending a weekend watching all its 14 episodes. Hence my ambivalence about the 5 stars: If you have a lot of time to spare, or more willpower, by all means, dive in. Otherwise, consider yourself warned.
on March 14, 2014
I cannot say enough about the writing and the character interplay of Justified. This season has seen some great new characters, led by the sociopath, Robert Quarles, played to perfection by Neal McDonough, and the King Solomon-like Ellstin Limehouse (Mykelti Williamson) a butcher/BBQ owner and keeper of secrets of Harlan County. We are introduced to Limehouse and the people of Noble's Holler, a town run by African-Americans and a place of refuge for people in trouble; Limehouse supposedly holds the last of Bennet money that Dickie Bennet so desperately wants to recoup. Season 3 is not as crisp as Season 2, mainly because there is less of Boyd Crowder. Any time Boyd (Walter Goggins) has dialogue with an antagonist like Dickie Bennett, Limehouse, or Raylan,, it is just such infectious and so brilliant. The only other issue with the season is that the writers have added so many different characters. It is a difficult balancing act, but they are up to the task. Quarles, by far, is such an over the top character and he just chews up any scene he is in. Quarles needed more exchanges with Boyd, but alas, that will probably not happen. BTW, there is a twist at the end of the season you probably won't see coming. Once again, Justified reins as my favorite drama on T.V. and is not getting enough attention.
on November 3, 2013
I gave this series 4 stars because the violence gets so bad sometimes that I have to look away, but the storyline is so compelling that I don't turn it off. As a Christian, I was at first put off by the Christian symbolism that abounds in people who are rotten to the core. But then I stopped emoting, started thinking, and realized that it's true: a Christian can do evil things, and many do. So the series shows that trusting people is not a great position to be in if one wants to avoid disappointments in life. We really have to look all around issues in our lives and make decisions based on the principles found in the Bible to be truly wise at living. Even the series hero has many weaknesses: he has a new woman (literally) in every series, sometimes two; he covers up a crime his ex-wife committed. Then again, Raylan is not above putting his own criminal father in prison or shooting a friend who is about to kill him. So you never have to sit there saying "shoot" when the good guy has the drop on the bad guy then goes soft and hesitates to pull the trigger .. An exciting, thought provoking series. Thank you FX and Amazon!
on January 3, 2014
I started watching Justified when it first came out and gave up after about 4 episodes. It must have been me, or something in the water, or maybe I was just not able to get it. But recently the subject of this show came up and I was told I should go back and watch it again. So I did. I watched the first three seasons on Amazon Prime, and I have to say that I can't believe I didn't like it the first time!

This series is tough, it's got great writing, Timothy Olyphant is incredible (actually maybe the only young living cowboy actor left that creates a persona rivaling the old westerns). I was never a big western movie or series fan, but this show... WOW it blows me away. Walton Goggins is also amazing in it, but after his unbeatable performance as Shayne in The Shield, and then seeing him playing a transvestite in Sons of Anarchy and hating every second of it (not because of the transvestite - I'm not prejudiced by any means - I just hated his performance) I felt Walton's acting in Justified has a similar feel to the transvestite performance. He is soft spoken and slow in both roles, but I much prefer him as the bad ass tough guy he was in The Shield.

Overall, I give this show five stars, and there are only a small handful of shows I would give five stars to, so it's up there with the best of the best: The Sopranos, Deadwood, The Wire, The Shield, Breaking Bad - to name a few.

Watch this show you won't be sorry!

Jerry Boutot - Jerry Boutot Music - [...]