Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $13.15 shipping
Justrite J09100 09100; Galvanized-steel; Safety cans; For Oily waste; Red; Foot Operated cover; Raised, ventilated Bottom; Reinforced ribs; Self-closing; UL listed; FM approved; Capacity: 6 gal. (23L)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- self-Closing Cover
- solvents, thinners, linseed oil, combustible adhesives
- elevated bottom encourage circulation of air around can to disperse heat and reduce moisture buildup and rusting.
- Treadle style pedal for easy opening
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
OSHA Compliant Oily Waste Cans are essential whenever solvent soaked cloths and wiping rags are used. Rags and cloths soaked with solvents, thinners, linseed oil, combustible adhesives and other flammable liquids present a serious fire risk when improperly discarded. The specially designedlid opens no more than 60 degrees and stays closed when not in use, isolating contents from fire sources and limiting oxygen so spontaneous combustion risk is virtually eliminated. Round construction and elevated bottom encourage circulation of air around can to disperse heat and reduce moisture buildup and rusting. Tank Size 6 Gallon (23L), Dimensions O.D. x H (in.): 11.875" x 15.875" (302 x 403)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Packaging was good, double boxed, arrived with no damage
- Welds are solid and continuous - no gaps or slag
- 6 gallon size is plenty big enough for a home-based or small commercial workshop
- Paint is well done, no drips, sags or missed spots
- Required warning decal is large, clear, easy to read, and reasonably straight
- Opens very easily with gentle action
- Closes completely, though not airtight
- Carrying handle is robust, falls out of the way when not needed but easily grabbed when it is needed
- Very reasonably priced compared to what a fire will do to your pocketbook and insurance premiums
- Made in USA (but possibly from foreign components)
This trash can for oily rags was one of the first things that firefighters said would have saved both homes. It's designed to contain a fire within it's self. So long as nothing flammable is near it. I figure $50 for a trash can is worth it, compared to a few hundred K for a new house, and the loss of a pet. This along with a fire resistant cabinet, plastic curtains for spark containment, and a combustible gas alarm have made my house safer, while allowing me to work on my projects with peace of mind. The can works great, and though nothing in it has combusted to date, I know that if something does, it wont spread to the rest of the house.
Most recent customer reviews
It’s a bit large so measure your space first. But its definitely worth it!