Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on December 20, 2011
After scoring some huge hits in the late 90's and early 2000's, Mya has sort of slipped off the radar in the US. Her last proper full length album was 2003's excellent "Moodring." Before that, she was known for the smash hits "My Case of the Ex" and "Lady Marmalade."

Mya has been actively recording albums in Japan during the last few years. 2007's "Liberation" was perhaps her best album to date, and it was followed up by 2008's "Sugar & Spice." She released a mixtape, "Beauty and the Streets" last year, so that makes K.I.S.S. her first proper album release stateside in nearly a decade.

The album showcases Mya's sassy side (as in "Earthquake" and "Somebody Come Get This B****") as well as her sensual side ("Love Me Some Him"). But the best thing about this album are the pop songs. "Fabulous Life" is every bit as fun and catchy as Katy Perry's "California Gurls," and "Mess Up My Hair" is a thumping, melodic pop masterpiece. Sadly, she left off the breathtaking ballad "Running Back," which featured Iyaz, and was included on the Japanese version of K.I.S.S. If you are a diehard fan, purchase that song for download as well, you'll be glad you did.

Mya should be a superstar. It is a crime that these songs can't seem to catch fire on the charts, because Mya is one of the most underrated singers out there today. She has paid her dues and this deserves to be a hit. K.I.S.S. incorporates the best qualities of Mya, and for the first time she effectively maximizes all of her talents, integrates her guest artists well throughout, and comes up with a set of catchy songs that will stick in your head. Great stuff from an artist who many people may have forgotten about.
on March 11, 2012
Granted, when she first came out in the 90s, competition was stacked, but even now, I don't get it. Mya has a nice voice and she's definitely one of the better dancers out there. I bought this album on a whim about a month ago. Had no idea that it was out. I listened to it on the train on my way to work and played the album at least two more times that day. I love the R&B/Dancehall/Pop mix here. 'Take Him Out" is a great anthem-like song w/o being over-the-top. I love the beat. The duet with Marques Houston takes me back to my childhood/pre-teen years, but they sound good together. I would say that I like 90% of the album.

Artists like Mya, Monica, Brandy...whenever I hear them now, I am in awe of how they don't have bigger careers over clearly less talented (or untalented) artists.
on October 2, 2012
I've been a Mya fan for about a decade now. She is a complete and polished entertainer. Looks like Mya is an Indie now and she does most of ther own producing. I can relate because I am an Indie also. This album K.I.S.S. sounds like it came out of one the big studios, which is an obvious reflection of Mya's professionalism. My initial impression of the album is that it is good "rolling" music. "Rear View Mirror" has good beats and tension. I am a Sean Paul fan. "Take Him Out" and "KISS" are definitely for the ladies. "Fabulous Life" has a light-hearted 70's disco sound. "Earthquake" should be played loud in the clubs. I like the hook, chorus, and syncopation in "Fugitive of Love". "Love comes, Love Goes" is a good piano ballad with an Elton John feel, and a strong voice from Mya. My favorite song is "Evolve"; I like the bass and the message.

Like another reviewer I was disappointed that the CD Amazon sent me did not contain "Love is the Answer" although it is listed on the album. Otherwise the album is good and worth the price.
on December 30, 2011
I've been a fan of MYA for years. i heard music that she's release in JAPAN. I know today she has her own independent label. PLANET 9. Mya has always been one of my favorite artist. Its so amazing to see her work so hard to released this U.S. album for her fans right before Christmas. Mya has a large fan base who has respected her work for years and have been waiting patiently for this album. MYA is probably one of the most underrated artist who the industry have kind of few asleep on. but not most R&B fans who know that MYA is still EVOLVING AS A ARTIST ... After downloading and listening to this album MYA definitely has evolved. This album has Club, Dance music and R&B which most of her fans love and know MYA for. Anyone who decides to buy this album will be pleasantly surprised how well this independent Mya album was put together. ITS a amazing album. for all you mya fans like me who have been waiting to add another MYA album to your collection of Mya albums....here it is! you want be disappointed. There alot of great hits on this album which makes it fun to listen to. i would say its probably one of the best mya albums to date because it has so many amazingly great songs on it. This U.S. album release was worth the wait and I'm so glad i was able to purchase it from AMAZON!!
on March 30, 2012
So let me start of by saying that I am only a casual fan of Mya at the most. This album was in my recommendations section on my cloud player. I had liked a couple other Mya singles before, but not enough to ever want to buy an album. As I began hearing the samples I could not believe how much I was digging them. So with that said, on a whim, a bought the album ("It's my birthday" sold me).
BAM am I glad I did. Such a fun diverse album. It's rare that I could buy an album and not wanna skip a song on the first listen. The more I hear it the more I love it. It has something for everyone. I also agree that Mya is entirely too underrated :/ LETS CHANGE THAT, buy the album and support a clearly talented artist.

Stand out tracks for me:
*K.I.S.S.
*Take him out
*Fabulous life
*EARTHQUAKE(probably my favorite)definite booty twerking (look up the word "twerk" on youtube if ya don't know what that means) material!!
*Mess up my hair
*IT'S MY BIRTHDAY- Will be blasting this all day July 27th!!
*Someone come get this bitch- Unnaturally catchy!:)
on January 15, 2012
This release is unavailable in the US on CD, unfortunately. I purchased the MP3 download, but I still buy CDs to rip lossless. I ordered this release on CD from Japan. The Japanese CD actually excludes seven tracks availble on MP3. Also, the CD contains four tracks not available on the download. You get more music with the MP3 download, but you will be missing four songs from the CD. I have both, so I'm good :-)
on April 19, 2012
Love it especially tracks 8 9 10 14 and 16 but the listed track 19 is missing . that sucked being that this song actually charted in some countries and somehow the manufacturer left it off the physical copy (cd) but good to hear her since the beauty and the streets mixtape of 2009 that honestly sounded low budget. Guys im a huge fan since 98 but it is what is. Good come back Mya. I wish a major label would pick you up so we could hear you on the radio again.
on September 18, 2013
This album really surprised me. The last time I heard from Mya was "Fallen" and "Lady Marmalade". To be honest I had forgotten about her. I kept seeing this pop up in my recommendations so I decided to buy it on a whim. I am so glad I did! Her voice is just as pretty as I remember, and she showcases it on a few love songs. She's also gotten more fun! I love the catchy ballroom tune and the awesome soca. I like her style on this album. Now I feel like I need to get her previous albums to see what I've been missing.
on January 3, 2012
I have been a fan of Mya's since "It's All About Me" with Sisqo. She has an amazing voice and definitely can tell a great story. This is, by far, her best album since 'Fear of Flying'. It has upbeat songs as well as great ballads. My favorite song on the album is "Rear View Mirror". If you want to hear real singing and not an artist struggling to reach the younger audience, then this is definitely a great purchase!
on June 14, 2013
She definitely keeps it Sexy and Simple. Hope she comes back with another album! I'd be the first in line!