Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: K-Y Warming Personal Lubricant, Jelly , 5 oz (142 g)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

VINE VOICEon January 9, 2006
Heck, who hasn't heard of K-Y Jelly? K-Y brand has been in the lubricant field since 1917! But, K-Y Warming Jelly is a newer product. It has a certain something in it that causes it to give a mild warming feeling on contact - this can be quite nice if you are prone to feeling cold, as I am.

Overall, I found this to be a pretty good lubricant, and I liked the warming properties. Now, among its ingredients is "Acacia Honey," and some people say that it is more likely to cause a yeast infection than regular water-based lubricants. I haven't heard one way or another from anyone authoritative, and haven't experienced a yeast infection since I started using it, but you might want to keep that in mind. The worst downside to me, though, is the taste. If you use this stuff, and then get it into your mouth, you will find it to have an odd, bitter taste that is probably the ingredient trying to "warm" your tongue.

So, I would say that this is a pretty good lubricant, one with a bad taste. So, if you are considering using this lubricant, you will have to decide if the balance of positives to negatives is worth it or not. Overall, I like it.

FYI: In general, there are three types of lubricants and each has its pros and cons. Water-based lubes are easy to cleanup and are unlikely to cause yeast infections, but on the down side they do need to be renewed every half hour or less due to drying. Oil-based lubes tend to have maximum slipperiness and last longest, but can lead to yeast infections and tend to break down latex condoms and toys quite quickly. Silicone-based lubes fall in between these two, being slicker and longer lasting than water-based lubes, but they do require longer clean up times, can stain sheets and clothing, and will eventually break down silicone toys.

(Review of K-Y Warming Jelly 5 oz Personal Lubricant)
VINE VOICEon January 11, 2006

(Review of K-Y Warming Jelly 2.5oz)
on January 9, 2011
Wow, maybe this stuff is a step up from Vaseline, as per the reviewer below, but as far as real lubricants go this stuff is terrible! So sticky and thick, it's very unnatural and gross feeling. This is the worst lube we've ever tried - thick and as sticky as molasses. So uncomfortably sticky that I can't even stand to have this stuff on my hands let alone on more delicate areas. And NO warming sensation whatsoever. Waste of $ and going into the trash.
on June 16, 2013
Well, got this for its "warming" effects, but it does not like that long and as a lube it is not that great. Very messy and very sticky, it is a thick gel. Would be better as a liquid instead, as a "massage type oil".
VINE VOICEon February 14, 2006

(Review of K-Y Warming Jelly Personal Lubricant, KY Warming Jelly, 5 oz.)
on December 7, 2006
This stuff burns a bit and it smells medicinal...really weird. I thought maybe my tube had been tampered with so I bought a second tube. It still burned and it still smelled bad. The real funny thing is when I use it on my husband (you will just have to use your imaginations here) it ruined my nail polish. Yep, must be strong stuff. Now I know why it burns me. Interestingly enough is it doesn't burn my husband. I won't be buying more tubes.
on December 28, 2009
this product was not what i expected. it is ok but i wouldnt buy it again.
on July 16, 2014
Good product
on May 17, 2016
This stuff burned sooo bad! the warm felt like i was peeing myself haha. I did not like this
on June 10, 2015