Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now Ellen

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
VINE VOICEon November 15, 2008
Format: Audio CD|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
This album really is an eclectic mix of music.

I admit I'm not necessarily the core audience for KCRW. I'm more mainstream alternative in my musical tastes. However I recognized a couple of acts (Spoon, The Shins) that I do like and decided to give it a listen.

It's hard to give such a diverse compilation an overall review without getting into detail about each song. There is such a wide range of musical styles on one album. I found The Shins tune did not disappoint me, although I didn't especially care for the Spoon song.

A couple of acts I wasn't familiar with did impress me - Orange Lights and Goldspot. In general the more "ethereal" sounding songs were pretty good, but I didn't care for the more quirky tunes like Fruit Machine or Heart It Races.

This is an album that really feels geared toward a hardcore KCRW fan. For me it was a mix of hits and misses. Overall it was ok. I would probably give it 3.5 stars if I could. But in the end it closer to 3 stars than 4.
on July 15, 2014
Here's another one that's eclectic too!