Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,323 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,360 reviews
on April 13, 2014
These are great sandals for those who will actually use them. A lot of people like other brands of sandals and say how great they are for casual wear or rafting - where you are sitting on your butt and not actually using the sandal. I bought these for hiking up/down rocky streams, which I do 3-4 times a week during the summer. These hikes are anywhere from 1/2 hour to 3 hours long. These sandals perform amazingly. The sole is grippy on dry or wet. It is pliable enough to give a good feel, but thick and sturdy enough to protect and cushion your foot over long periods. Walking on rocky terrain you never feel the rocks. The upper and toe provide plenty of protection without a lot of weight. The neoprene lining under the webbing means never feeling any rubbing or chaffing. These are a less bulky, more sleek fitting version compared to their more standard models. I, personally, like this for a few reasons: 1) lighter, more nimble. 2) moved through water more easily because they create less drag since they don't have as much of a "platform" sole sticking out around the edges of your foot. 3) with the bigger version I would get a lot of small stones in the sandal - with these more "form-fitting" to the foot, I rarely ever get stones in the sandal.
I highly recommend them for active use in the water.
11 comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2017
best sandals i've ever had. wanted some Keen sandals for years but didn't want to spend the money that these tend to run. they are expensive - but are the most comfortable sandals i've ever owned. especially light-wight and provide great support without inducing paid for my flat feet that have plantar facitis. only downside is that the webbed straps tend to remain wet for quite awhile if you get them wet - was hoping for more water proof-ness out of them. do run about 1/2 size small. bungee cord lacing allows you to tighten them to your preference! they are awesome - i will be a Keen customer for a long time. The Clear Water CNX line is a lighter weight lower profile version of other Keen sandals! very flexible - great traction! plus - as ebay shows - they hold their value if you want to sell them as used after a year or two!
on September 9, 2017
I must say these keens are some of the best fitting, most comfortable, and light weight shoes I've ever owned. I was expecting them to be more like the kids version, bigger, heavier, more stable feeling. But these are tight, form-fitting, light, and slim. I know now that the reason the kids versions are like this is because the foot to materials ratio is much different. The kids versions require more material to make the shoe solid, and kids feet are small. A larger foot can take a shoe that is strong but also light and formed...

At first I was concerned, but now I'm loving these. I wear flip flops for around the house or short walks, but these go on whenever I need to do more work or run around or be more active. I run anywhere from a 9.5 to 10 in size, so I went a strong match guess and they fit perfectly. These shoes are great, no doubt.
on August 22, 2017
After reading the reviews, I bought 1 size larger than my Nike running shoe. Fits perfectly. I had narrow feet, so these tend to be wider, but fit is still great, as the laces can be cinched up. I use these as my primary hiking footwear. Sole doesn't have the grippiest traction pattern, but it hasn't been an issue. I don't climb lots of slick rock, but I've done Vernal Falls at Yosemite, Paria Canyon, the Narrow at Zion, Great Falls in VA, Mt Baldy, and other smaller hikes in these with no problems. The only time these were a bad idea were in loose gravel that went up to my ankles -- wish I had some boots and gaiters for that one. These sandals are good for wet and dry conditions. I found them to be fine in rocky terrain, too -- I find the soles to be stiff enough, but I also weigh 150 lbs.
on January 23, 2016
I literally wear this everywhere now. They are so comfortable.

The bottom is tough, flexible, and thin. This means that what is under your foot is nicely telegraphed to your foot. People used to wearing thick shoes might not like/want this, but as someone who prefers to go barefoot, this are great. Additionally, they breath really well. They feel is similar to being barefoot in that you feel the earth beneath you and feel the wind on your feet, while protecting your sole and toes.
on July 1, 2017
Initially, I got blisters, so had to wear socks with this. It took me a while to break in - perhaps about 150km of walking through the woods. It did get very comfortable after that, and recently I wore it all over Tokyo.
I use it a lot to walk through streams and rivers with my dog. Each day in the summer, it will spend about 20-30 minutes in water, so it hardly has time to get dry. It seemed OK for the first summer, but it is now falling apart and the summer has hardly started. See the attached picture for the break points.
The other negative thing about this is that it gets really, really smelly. I did not have this problem with my old Tevas.
One last negative aspect - the outsole is not very grippy. As part of walking through rivers, I also have to scramble up steep and sometimes muddy embankments. These do not give me the grip that I'm looking for on slippery stones or muddy slopes. If you have a look at the pictures of the outsole, you can see more smooth areas than jagged areas for grip.

In spite of all the problems mentioned, I'm still giving it 3 stars because it is the first sandal that I have ever found to be comfortable.
on October 10, 2016
Would have rated higher and may later, but for the first couple weeks, little disappointed after all the great reviews. The strap at the midway inside point has given me a blister after wearing only an hour. After healing I have worn again, better, but I will need to wear many times for short periods to adjust. Several review said the sizes run 1 size large. I like sandals, etc. to be snug so I only order 0 to 1/2 size large. They came 1/2 to 1 size to large, even with the strap as tight as possible. I am thinking they will fit better in 5 years (I am 52 and my feet are flatting). The quality seems superior. The toe guard is great, except it keeps shells and sand in the shoes. It would be great if there were a couple holes to let the sand come out without removing the shoes.
on August 3, 2017
Fantastic shoes. I took them on a boating trip where I had a 'wet' exit from the boat followed with a 3 mile hike in the wet shoes. Normally, if you go hiking in a pair of wet shoes that are brand new, you are going to get blisters!! But these were great. Comfortable, dried quickly, and no chaffing at all. Love them. Time will tell how durable they are, but even if they last only a season, I will be happy.

But note, these do run a bit small. I recommend getting + 1/2 size.
on July 12, 2017
My wife and I each bought a pair for a Grand Canyon rafting trip. They were perfect for the water, wet hikes, some bouldering and dry trail hikes, as well. Generally speaking, they fit very well, dry quickly and are pretty grippy on most surfaces. That being said, there are so many different types of rock in the canyon and some, especially very hard rock with smooth surfaces, can still be very slippery if wet or sandy, so just be careful and pay attention to where you're stepping (as you should). We especially appreciated the toe guards, too, FYI. We paid attention to those on our trip who had Chaco's, btw, and none of them fared as well as we did. They had blisters and one broken toe among them!
on July 5, 2016
Light in weight, great traction, good toe protection, and relatively easy to eject rocks, these sandals are excellent. I wish they had a little more arch support (plantar fasciitis). Hey, Keen, how about offering different sole beds in your shoes?!?
Next to the old Alps sandals (prior to Teva buying the brand and shutting it down), these are the best hiking sandals I've found.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.