|Fits as expected||
KEEN Men's Targhee II WP Hiking Shoe
|Price:||$119.99 - $165.00 & FREE Returns on some sizes and colors. Details|
- Made in the USA or Imported
- Rubber sole
- Contoured heel lock for adjustable ankle support
- Dual density compression molded ethylene vinyl acetate midsole
- Torsion stability ESS shank
- Non-marking rubber outsole
- 4 millimeter multi-directional lugs
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From beaches to mountains to city streets, keen believes the outdoors is anyplace without a ceiling. Keen believes in living a hybrid life, which means being part of a greater community that is full of people who create possibilities, play in the outdoors and care for the world around them.
Available in shoe and boot styles, Keen Men's Targhee II is the ideal hiking partner. The rugged Targhee II gives you the comfort and support of an athletic shoe and the resilience and protective features of a rough-and-tough hiking boot. This style keeps your feet dry and your step steady thanks to a waterproof nubuck upper, 4-millimeter multi-directional lugs, and a Keen.Dry waterproof membrane. And for exceptional support mile after mile, the Targhee II combines an S3 heel structure with a dual-density, compression-molded EVA midsole and a Keen Metatomical EVA footbed.
- Sporty lace-up shoe with waterproof upper
- EVA midsole and removable footbed for exceptional support
- S3 heel support prevents ankle injuries
- Keen.Dry liner wicks away moisture
- Multi-directional lugs for dependable traction
- Weight: 16.64oz / 472.58g
- Upper: Nubuck and textile upper
- Lining: KEEN.DRY waterproof membrane
Waterproof membrane offers an additional barrier against moisture.
S3 heel supports the foot on impact.
Rugged Style with a Waterproof Nubuck Upper
The Targhee II offers a sleek-and-sporty style and a lace-up front for a custom fit. This low-profile shoe stands up to any trail conditions and looks good doing it, thanks to a durable, waterproof nubuck upper with stitching accents and pops of bright color on the laces and around the heel.
Breathable Moisture Protection with Keen.Dry
To keep you treading comfortably on all kinds of terrain, the Targhee II features a Keen.Dry insert. This waterproof membrane offers an additional barrier against moisture yet is breathable enough for all-day comfort.
S3 Heel Support
S3 stands for Shock, Suspension, and Stability and refers to Keen's unique heel-support structure. S3 is engineered to support the foot on impact, which dissipates shock, helping to prevent injury to the ankle.
Keen Metatomical Footbed and EVA Midsole for Support
For comfort and support that won't quit, the Targhee II features a removable, dual-density EVA footbed that provides arch support by hugging the natural contours of your foot. The compression-molded EVA midsole extends the benefits of the footbed and adds an extra spring to your step.
ESS Shank Reduces Foot Fatigue
To keep you going longer, the Targhee II has a torsional-stability ESS shank in the midsole. This shank helps to stabilize your foot as you move, minimizing fatigue, so you can enjoy every moment as you push on to the next crest.
Multi-Directional Lugs for Greater Traction
To give you a steady grip on all kinds of terrain, the Targhee has 4-millimeter, multi-directional lugs on its non-marking rubber outsole. These lugs are spaced wide apart to "bite" into the terrain, giving you more dependable traction on slippery and uneven surfaces.
Patented Toe Protection
Because rocky objects and debris can trip you up on the trail, the Targhee II includes Keen.Protect, patented toe protection that wraps up and over the outsole for thorough coverage of the entire toe bed.
Keen: A Story of Hybrid Innovation
Keen began in 2003 with an inspired sandal design that combined comfort and toe protection. This radical design departure for sandals spawned the overriding Keen philosophy of hybrid innovation--striving to create new possibilities and to discover and implement original ideas.
Keen products put an emphasis on the joys of play. At the same time, Keen believes in the value of working hard to give back to the community. To that end, the company has partnered with non-profit organizations around the world to help get youth into the outdoors, protect land for its environmental and recreational value, and to give bikes to kids in need.
What's in the Box
Keen Men's Targhee II Hiking Shoe.
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 10 x 6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B016ZI2TVS
- Item model number: Targhee II WP - M-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: December 14, 2006
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
I feel I made an excellent purchase!
1. The shoe can be worn with one sock in zero degree weather for prolonged periods of time as long as you are moving. I like that.
2. The shoe is mostly waterproof. Sometimes there is a little that gets in in the front when you are walking through a good amount of water.
3. The shoe is substantial. You will feel as though your feet are encased in something.
4. the rear of the shoe is nice to my achilles tendon. some might not like this feature.
5. The tread is substantial. The tongue is substantial.
What could be better:
1. The shoe wears quickly on the outside. Not too bad. I had a pair of Hi Tec Altitude IV low shoes and they lasted me six years before they wore out in the sole. I have had the Targhees for eight months and they are looking a little worn on the outside.
2. Make sure you buy one size up. I bought a pair of thirteens and had to return for fourteens. They fit great now.
3. The damn laces keep coming untied, so I just put knots in them.
NOTE: These are funky lookin' shoes. Be ready for that. They are heavy and big, but that is what you get with a waterproof and weatherproof shoe, so just keep it in mind.
NOTE: I just ordered another pair.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great shoe. This is the 5th pair between my husband and I. They are our work shoes.Published 2 months ago by Michal O.
I love Keen. I own four different pairs. However, these are heavy and a bit large. I won't wear them hiking, but they are fine for around the yard.Published 6 months ago by Captain America's Dad
Fell apart after a month of everyday outdoor use. The bottom front opened up completely. The underside of the shoe started pealing off after a couple months. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Sal
These are well made shoes. Took a couple of days to break in but now I can wear them all day. Nice looking too.Published 13 months ago by P B Mars
One of the best shoes I have ever had. Comfortable all day (after typical break-in period). I love them. I will have these shoes for a long timePublished 15 months ago by Lindsay Haws
Go a half size bigger...these are tight in the toe box. Also, if you are wearing these in the cold, they are NOT insulated, so wear heavy socks.Published 18 months ago by Matt