Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on July 11, 2013
Years ago I built the big, custom house that I thought I would die in. I put the best in the house and the stereo guy picked Kef's for my speakers and all the other equipment they installed was top of the line and the speakers were awesome. Divorced, I now live in a condo and I had just bought a Pioneer Elite AVR receiver with 100+ watts per channel and I needed better speakers to be used with the receiver. I looked on Amazon and was shocked to see these Kef's for $160/pair. So I bought 2 pairs of C1's and a Kef C6LCR for my center speaker and a Martin Logan subwoofer and this system works great for me. I love it. If you want some bookshelf size speakers for home theater surround sound and also music, these speakers are great. If I had the money and the space I would have bought Kef C3's for my front left and front right speakers and 2 pairs of C1's for my surround speakers, the C6LCR for the center speaker and the Martin Logan Dynamo 500 for my subwoofer and I would have an awesome 7.1 system, but for a 5.1 system these are great. For the money it would be almost impossible to beat these for the price. Don't think about it, just buy these.
on April 8, 2015
Using these in a bedroom 2.1 passive sub system via bi-wired SMSL q5 amp. Excellent set up for a quality small to midsize alternative to sound bar system. Special thanks to whathifi for their poor review of the kef c series speakers, making these more affordable if you track prices. They sound so good to me, I picked up the kef c3 at serious savings for my main 2.1 system. First bought the micca mb42x, which are similar in size and spec to the c1 at half the price. Miccas are very good for the money, but build and sound quality of the kefs is superior to me.
on September 4, 2016
These are fun, you're looking for a great speaker, I don't want to same run-of-the-mill crap at Best Buy, this is the way to go. I'm still breaking them in but I love the sound. They are crystal-clear and wonderful for playing a wide variety of music, I had them in the running off a small Tube Amp, I hope to upgrade the amp soon and really power of these things to the fullest potential.
on October 8, 2014
Very fine sound for a small sized pair of speakers at an affordable price. The remarkable aspect of their sound is their rich full sound with a lot of high frequency extension. Kef's proprietary tweeter design is what makes them really stand out.
on February 24, 2016
Simply amazing sound out of these little guys. Not rock speakers but he clarity on vocals, strings...etc. is fantastic. Pair with a small sub for an amazing compact system
on July 16, 2015
great sounding speakers. I use with my iMAC
review image
on February 5, 2015
Fantastic KEF quality speakers. A real bargain for the audiophile. Grab a pair while you can.
on January 8, 2016
And absolutely stunning pair of bookshelves! I bought a pair of these recently. I had listened to a pair of the KEF LS50's, I was hooked on their full bodied sound, and although it wasn't in my budget to buy them I had dreamed of owning a pair of similar quality. I was amazed from the moment I first plugged in the C1's. These are an incredible find for the audio enthusiast with a low budget. I honestly feel that they are worth at least four times the price. I was also surprised to have not found A decent video review of these. If you're contemplating purchasing these even in the least bit, contemplate no more. Purchase them and enjoy.
on March 25, 2015
Great full range sound!!
on September 3, 2016
I had a small den system with Paradigm Atoms as the left/right front/back speakers and a Paradigm center speaker, and bought these for a smaller bedroom system. However, when I compared the C1s to the Atoms (which are great little speakers), I found that the sound in the C1s was tighter and that the C1s handled my broad range of music more competently. I now have the C1s as the left/rights of my den system, and have moved the Atoms to my bedroom system. For the money, the C1s can't be beat.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.