Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 110 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 117 reviews
on June 9, 2014
The video quality is horrible, the image quality is actually 720*480 and horrible. It randomly connects to the PC when dumping, and it only would require for about a minute at most.

I've seen video of these on youtube and this one is nowhere near the quality. It appears to be a fake, or really poor knock off, in either case I shipped mine back for a refund, even at 6 bucks, I won't buy knock offs.

One last thing. This version adds a date/timestamp in ugly yellow in the lower left hand corner (it's quite large and takes up almost half the screen). The date and time are wrong and there is apparently no way of changing them.
on August 29, 2016
My use for these cameras is for model rocketry. I have used them before and ordered two more. I have now tested both cameras thoroughly by taping to a rocket and launching it, and they work as advertised. For under 10 bucks, I am very pleased. The resolution is not great but good enough to see and hear what is happening. If high resolution is a must for you, buy a more expensive camera that advertises a resolution that you need.
To use this camera, make sure you have the batteries charged and a micro SD card installed. The micro SD card is not included. I use an 8GB card and have plenty of video space. There are 2 buttons forward that work. The two buttons near the SD card slot do not function and are just for looks. The aft button that is the power button. Press and it hold to turn on - the LED will light up. Press the forward button once to take a picture. To take video, hold down the forward button until the LED flashes 3 times and turns off. The camera is now recording. To stop recording, press the forward button again. The LED will light up again steady. Turn off the power (aft button) and eject the SD card. Insert the SD card into a PC and
open the files. You may need to right-click on the file and open it with windows media player, or another application.
on December 11, 2013
I got this to use on my RC airplanes. here's my initial impressions; Pretty good, but not perfect.

The cost is the obvious main benefit. This thing is super cheap and tiny. It's great for attaching to an airplane with minimal weight and cost. The resolution is adequate, but I'll keep my eye out for a 720p or 1080p version in the future. The device was slow to transfer files from it to my PC via USB. It doesn't bother me much, but it was surprising that it took 5 minutes to transfer a 1.3 GB file.

On that note, I recorded my drive to work this morning, which is about a 25 minute drive and it took up 1.3GB of space on my card. There's no changing the recording settings, so this averages out to about 50 MB/min of video recording. I feel like that's a bit much considering the quality you get...but a bigger SD card will probably make all those issues non-existent. oh yes, and it outputs the file in AVI format, so no hassling with some obscure or proprietary video format later. That's nice.

My only other gripe is the time stamp. This thing is constantly in the bottom right of your video and (without hacking the camera), there's no way to remove it. You can update the time stamp by placing a appropriately-formatted txt file into the root of the SD card, but you'd need to do this each and every day you record to have it save appropriately. This is just dumb. I'm too lazy to continually update the txt file, so all my videos show a time stamp from the wrong date. It'd be nice if there was a way to just remove it.
on March 23, 2015
I have had a lot of fun with this little camera. It is not for the technically timid - there was a bit of a learning curve for making it work.
A treasure trove of information about 808 keychain cameras is available here: http://www.chucklohr.com/808/index.shtml
Before using the camera it needs a microSD card. I used an 8gB SanDisk. The first one I used was a 16gB card but it died in the line of duty - terminally bricked.
The camera needs to be charged first. Plug its USB cable into a charger for a hour. Don't leave it plugged in for longer. The battery inside can overheat inside the unventilated plastic housing and destroy the circuitry.
The camera is controlled with two buttons, 'small' or 'large' by pressing a 'long' or 'short' duration. An orange LED signals what's happening.
Long press the large button. Wait until the light blinks once. Camera is in standby mode.
Long press the small button. The light blinks 3 times then goes out. Camera is recording .avi video.
Short press the small button to stop recording video.
Do not press any buttons for a couple minutes to be sure the video is fully saved to the SD card.
To watch the video plug the camera into your computer. It will appear as mass storage called NONAME. The AVI file should be copied to the desktop before you view it. The camera's data transfer rate is sluggish and the movies are dense - be patient!
I open mine in QuickTime Pro or Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 and start editing.
on March 1, 2016
there are several model numbers for this camera (#8, #16, and so).
The common advice is to not buy if the seller doesn't state wich number is, because you could be receiving some lower number, or the absolute less possible. Specifically, in this product you cannot find that info; other users state that is a #8.

The camera I bought didn't work; everything (cable, card reader, microphone, webcam driver) works fine, except the physical camera itself; doesn't feed image info to the system, so any jpg is saved as a 0kb file and avi files are just audio tracks without video. Returning it is out of the question because the shipping costs more than the device itself.

If you need a spy camera, look for one that states the number (808 keychain #18, for instance) or a better device.
on April 17, 2014
Item was delivered on time and with no apparent damage. Charged for 4 hours per instructions and installed 8GB micro SD card. During charge, Yellow indicator light flashed as expected. Took a few still photos and two 3 minute videos. Connected to my PC and viewed the stills and video with no problems. However, all subsequent attempts to take a photo or video failed. No indicator light to show on / off or video / still status. When I plugged the unit into my PC, I received a notice stating that the device was not recognized. After playing around with my PC's diagnostics, I got a message that the device was not working properly and to contact the manufacturer. Thought it may have already exhausted the battery charge (in about 10 minutes of use), so I attempted to charge it through my PC and then with my cell phone charger but there was no blinking light on the unit to indicate it was actually charging. I thought I received a dud and hastily wrote a one star review, so this is a revised review of the one I left this afternoon. Since the unit only cost me ten bucks, I figured it was not worth returning and got more satisfaction leaving a bad review. Then, I started tinkering around with it and looked at the opened unit under a 40X assembly microscope. The workmanship actually looked pretty good. Nice solder joints, no excess flux, etc. Then I noticed a really small (at least to my old eyes) button that matched up to a hole in the outer housing. I pressed the button using a dental type pick and screwed the housing back together. All seems to be operating OK now. My rating should be 3.5 for having no mention of the reset button in the provided instructions. I wonder if the seller would have advised me of the reset button had I contacted them.
on March 29, 2014
The good:
Inexpensive. If it breaks, no biggie.
It's very small. You could fit this thing on an RC helicopter easily. Or a HO scale train. Or your dogs collar. Or whatever
Simple operation.

The bad:
The lens is narrow angle. It's like it's permanently zoomed so it's difficult to get good video with it.
Battery life is atrocious and it doesn't warn you when its low.
No way to view your video until you download it. Makes framing shots difficult
CMOS sensor with low refresh rate means movement looks like a slinky, everything looks like rubber when the camera moves. This is hell on fast bumpy video like an RC car.

I use this with RC cars and the small field of view, along with the tendancy for any motion to rubber band and slinky around the screen, makes it unsuitable for any fast motion or bumps. You need a really stable platform like attaching to your helmet, to take usable video. It's not just sthaky, it's distorted in the way that low refresh rate CMOS sensors do. If you know what i'm talking about, you get it, if you don't, then you probably think I"m saying it's shaky. It goes beyond that.

However, the small size and light weight do carve out a niche here. Imagine taping this to an arrow, and firing up with a bow in a big park. You'd get one fantastic view. Or put it on the end of a stick to inspect hard to reach areas of your car or house. Again though, the narrow view would make that difficult at best.

If you have an application where the camera itself is on a steady platform that won't shake or vibrate too much, and the zoomed view isn't a problem, this will probably work pretty well for the price.
on April 30, 2014
I purchased the 808 keychain camera for use on RC cars and airplanes, but have yet to get it to record anything other than a few seconds. I charged the camera for a full week, recorded a few seconds of film to make sure it works, and tested it with a longer video. When I plug the camera into the computer, there are no files present. I have tried over and over again to get it record more than 4 seconds, and no luck. The memory card I use is from my GoPro2, so there is plenty of storage on the card. The box came wrapped in packing tape, so I am guessing it was a return. Somebody else already had problems with it. I am 100% not happy with this camera. The instructions are horrible, it doesn't record more than a few seconds, shuts off automatically after a minute or so, and looks to be a returned item sent to me as new.
on April 24, 2015
initial thoughts: low quality. Two of the buttons are fake, molded hard plastic. The instructions are translated from another language so the words and grammar are very confusing. But if yur smart it's easy to figure out. The SD card port and charge port are both visible making it not the most stealthy but you'd have to be paying attention to notice it. Also it did not come with an SD card so be prepared to buy your own. Wit comes with a charge/sync cord which is just a standard USB to USB mini (mini not micro. Micro is the Android phone standard I think). Micro would have been better bcuz the charge port is smaller and would be more stealthy. Or using a DC pin plug (like the ones Bluetooth headsets use) would be even better. Don't know how good the camera is yet I haven't used it. But I'll update my post when I do!
on October 30, 2014
The add states that:
External Memory: Support Micro SD/ TF card : 128M to 16GB(not include memory for this item).
High definition video with voice lets Color Video and Audio Recording

Mine does not support my 8GB card, but works, barely, with my 2gb card. Also, this does not record HD video, only 640 X 480. This was a disappointment. Video quality is very poor.