Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KHOMO - DUAL Case - Super Slim Red Cover with Rubberized back and Smart Feature (Built-in magnet for sleep / wake feature) For Apple iPad 2 iPad 3 & iPad 4
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on June 7, 2012
Love this iPad3 case. Just like the Apple version, but the color and price I like. Especially like the clear red back cover. It has scratched a bit, but the iPad itself is protected! Magnetic closure does put iPad3 to sleep.
on March 13, 2012
My first impression of the case was that it seemed pretty good for the price. The red plastic back cover does scratch easily, but I would rather that the cover get scratched rather than the iPad. My iPad, which I owned for only 2 days, began to constantly switch to sleep mode even with the cover open. I thought I had a defective iPad. I did some trouble shooting with a rep from Apple, but with no progress. It didn't take me long after to realize that it was the magnet in the cover that was causing it. It is supposed to go into sleep mode when the cover is shut, but even with the cover open and flipped around back it was still doing it. I took the cover off and the problem stopped. I even tried my husband's cover by the same company, but a rubberized back, and I had no problems. I began to read reviews to see if anyone else had the problem. I did see that someone else with the same cover but in green had the same issues though. I have never written a review before but feel that people should be aware of the possible problem. I will be returning this product.
on June 23, 2012
Just bought this for my iPad 2 and it fits perfectly, turns my ipad on and off like an apple smart cover, no complaints here! Perfect for the price!! Im actually thinking about getting more colors:) defiantly recommend this ;)
on March 30, 2012
Nice case fits new iPad very well, the quality is very good. Color is good as well, but sleep and wakeup doesn't work. Somehow I've ordered a blue one from the same store last week only a week or two after I've ordered this red one, the sleep and wakeup works. So not sure whether the newly stocked ones have the problem fixed or not, but at least this red one I got right after the new iPad released doesn't work. But the case itself is very good, the back cover fits new iPad well. Give 4 star is the sleep and wakeup is not important for you.
on April 2, 2012
I would have rated this cover 5 stars if I had an iPad 2, but this cover does not activate the sleep/wake feature on the iPad 3. Evidently the magnet position is different on the iPad 3 so these older cases do not work with it. I got my mom the green version of this cover last month and it works perfectly with her iPad 2. Its very nice quality and very nice looking. I really like the fact that it protects the back and provides a good grip as well when holding the iPad. Highly recommend for the iPad 2, but do not get it for your iPad 3, unless you don't care about the sleep/wake feature.
on March 19, 2012
As the title says, it doesn't work with the New iPad's auto sleep/wake function. Works great with the iPad 2 though. The fault lies with Apple, but 3 stars because the product description needs to be changed. Because this is an important function in my opinion, I'm returning it for a refund.
on August 8, 2013
I like everything about this case, except the critical fact that with the magnets attached incorrectly on the front cover, it simply does not fit / work. The seller apparently had a defectively manufactured batch of product, and that may be limited to a few. I got two defective covers in a row and decided to look elsewhere. The front cover magnets are attached upside down, and thus do not attach to the iPad correctly. The Seller was prompt with email and replacement, but the replacement cover was also defective. We agreed to return and refund. I really wanted to like this.
on March 30, 2014
Truly excellent quality, and the best price. The only downside to this semi-transparent backside, is that it is harder plastic than the Khomo model with non-transparent backside, which means it isn't as bendable, therefore the backside cover cant wrap all the way around the front edge enough to protect the glass edge, because it is too stiff to bend around to snap in place. However, the non-transparent Khomo model is softer plastic, allowing it to wrap around the front edge of the screen, offering more protection. You'll have to choose what is more important, beauty vs function. The sem-transparent model is more beautiful, and will protect your iPad from scratches. The non-transparent will do a better job at protecting the iPad if it is dropped. BOTH models are phenomenal quality, so you'll be happy with either.
on August 31, 2014
I had bought a Khomo case for my ipad three years ago and it lasted with just some minor wear, until my toddler pulled the charger cord hanging off the edge of the counter and my ipad crashed to the tile floor. I feared the worst but when I looked, my ipad was fine. The corner of the old case cracked and crumbled, absorbing the fall. The ipad metal was dinged up but the glass was fine. Well I definitely needed another case so came back to the one I ordered before. I was sad that they no longer offered the same one (my old case front cover was permanently attached) but I went ahead and ordered this red one. I noticed some have 3 folds and some have 4. My old case had 4 and the stand was just right so I went with that.
Sadly, the quality of the new case is nowhere near as good as the old. The plastic is much thinner and doesn't look like it could handle even a fall off the couch. The edges don't connect and protect all the way around like the old, and the rubberized feel is nowhere near as good as the old. I don't like the two piece case, it's flimsy. The edges were rough where they were cut out, I took some sand paper to smooth them out a bit and that helped. The front cover is a little too big and magnets don't hold well so the cover just flaps around. Also, this appears to have been made for multiple models as it has some cut outs that are not used on the ipad2. It clicks in just fine I'm just really disappointed in the quality and do not feel confident the case will protect anything in the event of a fall.
on March 6, 2014
This review is for the red iPad 2 case with "smart" front cover and hard translucent back.

PROS
- Beautiful and attractive
- Competitive price
- Smart cover magnet works
- Backing is good looking and protects back of iPad
- Excellent fit and access to iPad components
- Very good customer service policy; the cover broke in several places (see CONS), and the company immediately responded to my message and promptly sent me a replacement

CONS
- Front cover edging shreds easily into loose threads in only a few months
- Front cover hinge comes off too easily and broke as well, leaving the front cover to hang loosely, with potential to scratch the iPad screen

See 1 answered question