- File Size: 2952 KB
- Print Length: 380 pages
- Publication Date: February 11, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BG0TI6A
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #242,992 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.00|
Save $8.01 (67%)
KIDNAPPED COWBOY (Captured Hearts Series Book 1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 380 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
1. She makes stupid decisions that make her far less mature than the teens she's supposed to be helping.
2. Her constant drooling over the hero gets old fast, ok so he's good looking, we get it already, the book could have been much shorter had a bunch of the horny nonsense been left out, she acted like she'd never seen a man before.
3. Her attitude to the hero's brother, she judged him without ever talking to him and blamed him for anything that went wrong.
4. For someone that was supposed to be so good at her job she folded like a ladder as soon as the hero was out of the picture and was ready to quit on the teens, someone she claimed to be so devoted to.
5. Last but not least, she claimed to love the hero and promised to trust him, but no sooner was he gone when she takes something she heard and assumes he lied to her, as if that wasn't bad enough she blames her brother for everything and behaves like a big baby by not even speaking to either one of the men, whining around and hanging up on them when they try to reason with her.
I really don't see what the hero found in this whiny, jealous, immature idiot who's devotion is limited to only if things are going her way.
This story line had real potential. I'm disappointed it wasn't realized.
I love Caitlin and her schemes, that go awry. She has her heart in the right place, she just seems to be a touch accident prone. That adds to her love-ability! I did find some of her reactions at the beginning of camp a touch untrue, she has been running this place for years, she should be more adept at controlling things from the start. Fortunately, she shows real skill throughout the time with the kids, even if she is a bit too rule heavy.
Dalton is a great character, he has a sense of humor and rolls with the punches. I adore his relationship with Caitlin, he fights the commitment but totally goes in for the attraction. They balance each other very nicely. I also liked the interactions with his brother.
The bedroom door is wide open in this book, plenty of naughty little scenes! They are not full on erotic detail, but they are plenty spicy! Definitely a fan of skinny dipping!! Hells Yeah!
I really enjoyed the build of the relationship. They spent time together so the feelings felt real and natural. Sometimes I like to spend time getting to know the characters as they get to know each other. It adds to the warm fuzzies of the romance.
This is a mixed narrative, giving POV for both leads and from the brother a couple times. This helps make the story fuller and more engaging. This also makes me really want his brother Brandon to get his own book with a sassy HEA!!! Please say it is in the works!
I listened to the audiobook narrated by Kaleo Griffith, he is delicious!! Oh yeah, this guy has a great voice and adds major energy to the read. He has a nice gruff tone that suits the guys and does a terrific job making Caitlin sound like a girl. Great pace on the read, I like things a touch on the brisk side, so he made me very happy, especially when I put it on triple speed.
I did think there would be more of a conflict with the money manager, I was a touch disappointed with that angle. It was more of a whimper than a bang in the conflict. The story moves nicely but that added drama would have been welcome.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book, but what isn't there to love a big ole cowboy, smexy action and a sassy gal! I am definitely going to look for more of Ms. Brookes. Finger's crossed that this has a sequel with an uptight rancher who need a little lovin.
Most recent customer reviews
Also funny.. really funny. Corny... of course. I love corny.
If you like a short love story with funny and smart writing this is for you.
Great clean romance with a fun story line and characters.
Still good people in this world even in fiction