Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on February 8, 2014
The good: Well made. The case is black-anodized aluminum, not cheap plastic. The antenna is a standard whip as used on portable police and field radios, and attaches with a BNC connector, just as they do. Finding a replacement should be easy.

The ugly: The blue LED, which indicates the unit is on and flashes when the batteries are low, is WAY too bright. In fact, it makes a decent indoors flashlight. Unfortunately it is located just above the five red LEDs which light up successively to indicate the strength of a received signal. The LED is so bright that watching the much less bright red LEDs gave me a headache. I placed two colored stickers over it, and it is still too bright showing through those.

The bad: While it easily detected my wireless indoor phones when in use and my "emergency 9-1-1" pendant's base unit (which I was not aware broadcast RF continuously and see no reason why it should), it did NOT detect my hobby FM transmitter, which is emitting a powerful signal on a frequency well within the advertised range of this detector. Powering the transmitter up and down made no difference to the detector even when it was right next to the antenna. So, does it not detect FM? FM is just a type of modulation for a RF transmission, and this device is supposed to detect RF emissions. If it does not detect FM, then I would consider it useless as a serious bug detector.

Update 3/31/14: I sent the last few sentences above as a question to the manufacturer of this product on the same day I wrote the review. They responded by asking for the make/model information on the FM transmitter, which I provided to them. On 2/20, I wrote them again asking what they had found. The response was that they were working on it and "have not forgotten" me. I have not heard from them since. (Now August. Never heard from them.)
on April 4, 2014
The device is sensitive enough and appears to work well. To really use the device you need something more than a short AC cord. I had to build a 12volt battery cable and buy a small SLA battery to make the device truly portable.
on June 16, 2016
product seems to work as expected...
if you are expecting it to work like they are portrayed in movies and TV...... not for you! keep looking! and Good Luck With That!!
In response to the "BRIGHT BLUE LIGHT"....I have a idea..... Put your "Thumb" over it while using it....
on February 23, 2014
Three stars- RF Detector is for private investigators or experienced personnel. I am seeking in depth instructions because when i get a "hit" i cannot determine whether its a bug, i'm not paranoid enough to start ripping apart dry wall. The signal will come and go, i.e.: I will sweep an area get a hit, sweep a second time and nothing. It leads me to believe the device doesn't detect anything, its just a box with an antenna that randomly beeps. Although, it doesn't shut up when i get near my internet router and wifi in my house.
on January 13, 2011
UPDATE 01/17/14:

I purchased this Radio Frequency detector right here on Amazon exactly three years ago (Jan 2011), and it still works perfectly, on the same batteries as well surprisingly...

It's very simple to use, yet very complicated at the same time... What I mean is, out of the box all you have to do is plug the antenna on top, and turn it on. Simple enough right? But here's where it gets tricky. Like any RF Detector you need to turn the sensor high until it starts vibrating and the red lights flash fully, then slowly turn it down, more and more until the light diminishes and the vibrations subside. Its very, very sensitive though so you have to play with it just right. Then, move about the location you are scanning until it starts flaring up again, then turn it down a bit more, while closing in on the location which is causing it to flare... This all sounds simple, however in reality it is very difficult to track down since there are SO MANY radio frequencies everywhere! Granted I live in an apartment building in NYC, so everything makes it go wild (routers, cell phones, neighbors electronics, etc...)

But with a little bit of practice you will get the hang of it. I just wish the sensor was a little less sensitive. A great way to practice if you are new to this, to know exactly what it should sound/feel like when you hit the jackpot, is to use your cell phone. Call your voicemail and let it sit somewhere in the room. While the call is active, it will activate the RF Detector. Just stand on the other side of the room, and play with it slowly to practice until you get the hang of it. Hope this helps, any questions feel free to comment!
on November 26, 2012
I got the KJB just a litte problem with the convertor i used another convertor and is ok
we are in europe different current, otherwize is perfect
the service of the company excellent they help me with all my questions,
it works fine you need just to regulate the frequency and vibration.. the money is worthy
on October 21, 2016
Lights are too bright.
on April 24, 2013
I bought this rf detector after using a cheaper version that drove me crazy. This one is not loud or annoying. It's heavy duty, high quality and shows the signal in blue led lights. I would definitely recommend this detector over any other that I've ever come across. It's worth the price.
on October 2, 2013
Work great for the price and is well made will last many years. I have found it to be easy to use.