Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "K'NEX Education - STEM Explorations: Swing Ride Bu...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 50% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.04 shipping
+ Free Shipping
K’NEX Education ‒ STEM Explorations: Swing Ride Building Set ‒ 486 Pieces ‒ Ages 8+ Engineering Education Toy
|Price:||$23.26 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$16.73 (42%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 486 COLORFUL PIECES – The K’NEX Education STEM Explorations: Swing Ride Building Set includes 486 different brightly colored parts. Pieces include gears, variously sized connectors, and multiple styles of rods: short, long, straight and curved. These parts can be attached together to build simple structures or elaborate constructions, enhancing children’s imaginations and turning their ideas into working creations.
- STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS – Kids can create a fully functional swing ride with this construction set. The package comes with a battery-powered motor that works on two AA batteries, bringing kids’ ideas to life. Aside from the swing, they can also build two other amusement park ride models with this toy set — a boom ride and a Ferris wheel. Let middle-school students learn as they have fun with this K’NEX Education building set.
- EXPERIMENT GUIDE – The three included experiments contain complete details on conducting the hands-on, inquiry-based engineering projects based around the models and include information about the different parts and pieces. Parents can assist their children in the beginning until kids get the hang of it.
- PROMOTES TEAMWORK – Specially designed for children ages 8 and up, this engineering set is more fun when constructed with friends. Students in grades 5‒9 can create the models alone or with two other classmates. Through teamwork, students will learn how mass affects speed, how to gear up and gear down, and much more! The set promotes camaraderie and the development of social skills, too.
- STEAMagination : It’s the connection of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math) with a child’s natural curiosity and creativity and it powers the fun of each and every K’NEX building set. Building with K’NEX puts children on a path towards a fundamental understanding of STEAM/STEM subjects.
- LESSON PLANS AND EXPERIMENTS: All K’NEX Education sets come with either a comprehensive guide for teachers or an experiment guide for student-led learning. All lesson plans and experiment guides are written by expert educators and feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects that engage students in today’s busy classroom.
- ALIGNED TO NATIONAL STANDARDS: K’NEX Education teacher guides and experiment guides are aligned to national educational standards, including ITEEA, NSES, NCTM, NGSS and Common Core.
- REAL WORLD LEARNING: Study after study reveals that students have more success learning STEM subjects through activities related to the real world rather than reading about abstract concepts in textbooks. K’NEX Education sets allow students to build replicas of real-world machines and contraptions and through the lesson plans and experiments, gain a concrete understanding of the principles that make them work.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the manufacturer
STEM Concepts Explored within the set
- Relationship between Mass and Speed
- Gearing Up and Gearing Down
- Understanding Patterns
- Gather, Analyze and Interpret Data
- and more!
Swing Ride Building Set
Explore STEM concepts while building a motorized Swing Ride! Using the materials included in this set, middle-school aged children will be engaged and energized as they further their knowledge and understanding of the science, technology, engineering and math concepts associated with a real-life amusement park ride. The set includes over 470 parts plus a battery-powered motor for a single child or team of 2-3 children to build a working Swing Ride, plus 2 additional models: a Ferris Wheel and a Boom Ride (each model can be built one at a time). Once built, a downloadable booklet guides students through 3 hands-on, inquiry-based experiments on each of the models. The Experiment Guide is aligned to national STEM standards and is appropriate for grade levels 5-9. Requires 2 'AA' batteries, not included.
Lead Model: Swing Ride
K'NEXperiment #1: Slowing Down the Swing Ride. Your objective is to make and test predictions about how mass affects the speed of the ride. Do you think more mass will make the ride spin slower?
Additional Model: Ferris Wheel
K'NEXperiment #2: Hanging Above the Ground in a Ferris Wheel. Your objective is to determine if there is any pattern that might be used to demonstrate the changing height of a rider as the ride turns through several rotations.
Additional Model: Boom Ride
K'NEXperiment #3: Turn the Crank of the Boom Ride. Your objective is to investigate how different gear arrangements affect the distance the ride travels.
Watch kids turn your living space into an amusement park with the K’NEX Education STEM Explorations Swing Ride Building Set.
Children can build a working swing ride with this educational building set. Each package contains 470 brightly colored pieces, including variously sized connectors, and multiple styles of rods: short, long, straight and curved . Parts can be connected together to create constructions that actually move, thanks to a battery-powered motor that uses two AA batteries. This engineering set can also be used for building two other rides — a boom ride and a Ferris wheel. Playing with this educational toy will unleash children’s imaginative skills by letting them build amazing structures with their own two hands.
This toy also promotes growth in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) subjects, thanks to its complex and cognitive approach to entertainment. Not only does it offer kids a fun playtime session — it also helps develop their natural curiosity and creativity, and lets them learn not only by thinking about concepts but through hands-on experience as well.
This set can also be used in schools, allowing students to find solutions and turn parts into whole constructions. An experiment guide walks children through the process of building the amusement park ride models. The manual contains complete details on the three inquiry-based engineering projects that are easy for kids to follow and implement. This STEAM toy is specially designed for children in grade levels 5‒9, ages 8 and up. It is best used by one to three children at a time, promoting camaraderie, teamwork, and social skills.
Let children have fun while learning with the K’NEX Education STEM Explorations Swing Ride Building Set.
Top Customer Reviews
We used a large, sectioned plastic vegetable tray to dump each individual bag of pieces into, which made it very easy to pull the parts we needed. I highly recommend keeping these all separate, just to eliminate the frustration of having to dig through all the pieces when you need to pull parts for the next step. It really wouldn't matter if you dumped everything into one bowl, but it would sure make getting the parts you need frustrating, especially with the tiny pieces.
We were missing a few pieces, but thankfully had the other box to pull from. I'll be contacting K'NEX Education and hoping they send us what we need.
The package advertised that it can be used to build three different models, but the model described in the instructions is just too good to disassemble just yet. It moves beautifully and looks perfect on my daughter's shelf, I don't think she will be making the others anytime soon.
The one con that I found is that there's not even a spare for the smaller pieces. Some of the pieces are so tiny, if one falls on the floor it basically vanishes. This happened to my daughter, and initially she was extremely upset, but then she was able to improvised and save her build. I believe there should be one extra for the smaller pieces.
My girls decided it would be fun to attach some of their 3" My Little Pony dolls in the seats and it works. We were only able to put 4 in though, any more made it go too slow.
This set it also able to be constructed differently to make 2 other designs but we haven't tried those yet. I love that it included instructions to make other things. I'm going to wait until they get bored with this before assembling it differently. Over great buy. Very fun set!