Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
K'NEX Education - Intro to Simple Machines: Levers and Pulleys Set – 178 Pieces – For Grades 3-5 – Construction Education Toy
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ENDLESS BUILDING POSSIBILITIES – Let your children experience endless building possibilities with this unique building system from K’NEX Education! The Intro to Simple Machines Levers and Pulleys Set comes with 178 parts and pieces that can be clicked together to build 8 fully functioning replicas of real-world machines. This activity will keep your children occupied for hours!
- CURRICULUM INCLUDED: The K’NEX Education Intro to Simple Machines Levers and Pulleys set comes with a comprehensive teacher’s guide that allows for hands-on, inquiry-based exploration using the models included in the set. With this guide, children in grades 3-5 can see real world examples of science concepts in action, including, but not limited to: Making work easier, W = Fd (Work equals force times distance), Effort Arm, Resistance Arm, and Fulcrum, Classes of levers, Ideal Mechanical Advantage, Actual Mechanical Advantage, Fixed Pulley, Movable Pulley, Block and Tackle and Mechanical Systems.
- CONVENIENT STORAGE ‒ Storing K’NEX parts and pieces will never be a hassle, since the K’NEX Intro to Simple Machines Levers and Pulleys Set includes a plastic container. All pieces can be placed in this large plastic tub for ease of access and storage.
- EASY TO USE – K’NEX Education’s Intro to Simple Machines Levers and Pulleys Set comes with easy-to-follow building instructions and a comprehensive teacher’s guide. Unleash your kids’ creativity as they make their own designs for open-ended fun! This building set can accommodate 2 to 3 students working as a team.
- STEAMagination™: It’s the connection of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math) with a child’s natural curiosity and creativity and it powers the fun of each and every K’NEX building set. Building with K’NEX puts children on a path towards a fundamental understanding of STEAM/STEM subjects.
- LESSON PLANS AND EXPERIMENTS: All K’NEX Education sets come with either a comprehensive guide for teachers or an experiment guide for student-led learning. All lesson plans and experiment guides are written by expert educators and feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects that engage students in today’s busy classroom.
- ALIGNED TO NATIONAL STANDARDS: K’NEX Education teacher guides and experiment guides are aligned to national educational standards, including ITEEA, NSES, NCTM, NGSS and Common Core.
- REAL WORLD LEARNING: Study after study reveals that students have more success learning STEM subjects through activities related to the real world rather than reading about abstract concepts in textbooks. K’NEX Education sets allow students to build replicas of real-world machines and contraptions and through the lesson plans and experiments, gain a concrete understanding of the principles that make them work.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Design - Make - Evaluate
- Robust and easy storage
- Made of 100 per cent recyclable materials
Why K'NEX Education
The K'NEX Education Range has been designed to maximize pupil engagement in today's busy classroom.
- Sets have been designed for school use and teach young scientists and engineers key science, technology and maths concepts by constructing real world models
- Each product in the K'NEX Education line comes with a comprehensive Teacher's Guide, with lesson plan and extension activities
- Easy to follow, colour coded instructions make it possible for pupils to work independently or in groups
Engage, excite and motivate pupils to learn. Encourage scientific enquiry, investigation and experimentation through active participation.
Education Standards Alignment
Aligned to national Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths curriculum (STEM).
Replicas of Real World Machine
Help students to relate concepts to the world they live in.
Enquiry Based Curriculum
Challenges students to apply problem solving and troubleshooting techniques.
Intro to Simple Machines - Levers and Pulleys
- Identifying 3 classes of levers and how they operate
- Key parts of levers: effort arm, resistance arm and fulcrum
- How levers function
- Fixed, moveable and combination pulley systems and how they function
Supports 2-3 Student Working at Any One Time
Ideal for Key Stages 2-3. Age 8+.
Perfect when teaching design and technology - students can explore how machines work
Many students accelerate their learning through hands on exploration and experimentation. The K'NEX introduction to Machines range allows students to explore diverse areas of the curriculum.
Includes a Comprehensive Teacher's Guide with 8 lesson plans.
8 Lesson Plans cover - Levers : seesaw balance, wheelbarrow, hockey stick, scissors and - Pulleys: flag pole, sail boar, block and tackle.
Makes 8 models including Wheel barrow and balance.
Covers key terms, definitions and concepts.
Let your children experience endless building possibilities with K'NEX Education's Intro to Simple Machines Levers and Pulleys Set! This building set contains 178 pieces that kids can use to build eight replicas of real-world machines. This building set fosters your students imagination in creating construction equipment, keeping them occupied for hours!
The Levers and Pulleys Set is designed for kids from grades 3 to 5. With this set, they can create big, interactive models that actually move! Storing K'NEX parts and pieces will never be a hassle, since the K'NEX Intro to Simple Machines Levers and Pulleys Set includes a plastic container. All pieces can be placed in this large plastic tub for ease of access and storage. >
This set comes with easy-to-follow instructions and a comprehensive teacher's guide. K'NEX Education teacher's guides and experiment guides are written by expert educators and are aligned to national educational standards like ITEEA, NSES, NCTM, NGSS, and Common Core. The guides feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects, engaging students in today's busy classroom. Unleash your kids' creativity as they make their own designs for fun and learning! The building set can accommodate 2 to 3 students working as a team. It comes with a comprehensive teacher's guide that allows for hands-on, inquiry-based exploration where children can see real world examples of science concepts in action.
Help your students develop a better understanding of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) subjects with this toy. As they click the parts together, they'll strengthen their hand-eye coordination, fine motor and problem-solving skills, and spatial awareness. Studies reveal that students experience more success learning STEAM subjects through activities related to the real world than by reading about concepts in textbooks. K'NEX Education sets allow students to build replicas of machines and contraptions, and through the lesson plans and experiments, to gain a concrete understanding of the principles that make them work.
From the Manufacturer
Hands-on learning at it best! The K'NEX Education Intro to Simple Machines: Levers & Pulleys set is designed to introduce students to the scientific concepts associated with two types of Simple Machines – levers and pulleys. Students are provided with the opportunity to acquire skills using a hands-on, inquiry-based approach to information and concepts. Working cooperatively, students are encouraged to interact with each other as they build, investigate, discuss, and evaluate scientific principles in action. The Teacher's Guide provides the information and resources needed to build students' understanding of scientific concepts and channel their inquiries into active and meaningful learning experiences. Extension activities that can be used to explore the concepts more deeply are also included. Set includes 178 K'NEX parts – enough to build 8 fully-functioning replicas of real-world machines, one at a time. Supports 2 – 3 students working as a team. Grades 3 -5. Building instructions comprehensive teacher's guide aligned to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Standards included. Packaged in a strong storage tray with snap-on lid. STEM Education focuses on science, technology, engineering and mathematics concepts taught through problem-solving, discovery, exploratory learning and critical thinking. STEM Education requires students to be active participants in the learning. K'NEX models offer hands-on learning opportunities that encourage scientific inquiry, investigation and experimentation. Our inquiry-based lessons challenge students as they build, investigate, problem solve, discuss, and evaluate scientific and design principles in action. Aligned to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math standards. Also see K'NEX Education's Intro to Simple Machines: Wheels & Axles and Inclined Planes and Intro to Simple Machines: Gears for grades 3-5 and Exploring Machines for middle school classrooms.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||2.25 x 12.5 x 12.25 in||2.25 x 12.5 x 12.25 in||7.75 x 16 x 10.5 in||2.25 x 12.5 x 12.25 in||4 x 18.5 x 14 in||4 x 18.5 x 14 in|
|Item Weight||2.43 lbs||1 ounces||3.4 lbs||2.8 lbs||3 lbs||5.2 lbs|
|Number of Pieces||178||198||705||200||529||863|