Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
+ $8.45 shipping
+ $7.95 shipping
K’NEX Education – Intro to Structures: Bridges Set – 207 Pieces – For Grades 3-5 Construction Education Toy
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- CLASSIC PIECES – K’NEX Education’s Intro to Structures Bridges Set consists of 207 classic pieces, including rods, stems, and connectors. Kids can attach these parts to one another in different ways, allowing them to create a variety of fully functioning bridge models. The snap-fit pieces stick together securely and can be easily reassembled into other creations.
- REAL-WORLD STRUCTURES – Build 13 fully-functioning replicas of real-life bridges. These models help educate builders about bridge infrastructure by demonstrating key bridge types, such as truss, arch, cantilever, beam, suspension, movable/bascule, and cable-stayed. Building instructions and a teacher’s guide on a CD are included, providing the information needed to build one’s understanding of scientific, technical, and design concepts.
- CONVENIENT STORAGE –Keep all K’NEX parts in one easy-to-access place. Enjoy hassle-free cleanup and storage, as this building set comes with a convenient portable storage tray with a snap-on lid.
- VERSATILE – K’NEX Education’s Intro to Structures Bridges Set is designed to enhance kids’ imaginations through the creative assembly of K’NEX pieces. Aside from the 13 bridges they can build, the set can also be used to create buildings, houses, and towers. This toy is ideal for kids from grades 3 to 5, and 2 to 3 people can work on each set.
- STEAMagination™: It’s the connection of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math) with a child’s natural curiosity and creativity and it powers the fun of each and every K’NEX building set. Building with K’NEX puts children on a path towards a fundamental understanding of STEAM/STEM subjects.
- LESSON PLANS AND EXPERIMENTS: All K’NEX Education sets come with either a comprehensive guide for teachers or an experiment guide for student-led learning. All lesson plans and experiment guides are written by expert educators and feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects that engage students in today’s busy classroom.
- ALIGNED TO NATIONAL STANDARDS: K’NEX Education teacher guides and experiment guides are aligned to national educational standards, including ITEEA, NSES, NCTM, NGSS and Common Core.
- REAL WORLD LEARNING: Study after study reveals that students have more success learning STEM subjects through activities related to the real world rather than reading about abstract concepts in textbooks. K’NEX Education sets allow students to build replicas of real-world machines and contraptions and through the lesson plans and experiments, gain a concrete understanding of the principles that make them work.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Make learning more enjoyable! Learn about the art and science of infrastructures during play time. K’NEX Education’s Intro to Structures Bridges Set allows you and your children to create a variety of shapes and models of bridges. The set consists of 207 classic pieces, which include rods, and connectors. The snap-fit pieces stick together securely and can be easily reassembled into other creations.
Build 13 fully functioning replicas of real-world bridges, one at a time. These models demonstrate key bridge types, such as truss, arch, cantilever, beam, suspension, movable/bascule, and cable-stayed. Building instructions and guides are included in each set. K’NEX Education teacher’s guides and experiment guides are aligned to national educational standards, including ITEEA, NSES, NCTM, NGSS, and Common Core.
K’NEX promotes the development of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) capabilities by invoking a child’s natural curiosity and creativity, which powers the fun of each and every K’NEX building set. Building with K’NEX puts children on a path to a fundamental understanding of STEAM subjects.
Enjoy hassle-free cleanup and storage, as this building set comes with a convenient portable storage tray with a snap-on lid.
K’NEX Education’s Intro to Structures Bridges Set is designed to enhance imagination and creativity. Aside from being used to build 13 bridge replicas, it also allows kids to create buildings, houses, and towers. This toy is ideal for kids from grades 3 to 5, and 2 to 3 students can work on each set at one time.
From the Manufacturer
No more toothpicks and glue! The K'NEX Education Introduction to Structures: Bridges set is designed to introduce students to the history, function, structural design, geometry and strength of bridges while providing opportunities for them to acquire skills using a hands-on, inquiry-based approach to information and concepts. The Teacher's Guide provides the information and resources required to build your students' understanding of scientific, technical and design concepts and to channel their inquiries into active and meaningful learning experiences Set includes 207 K'NEX parts – enough to build 13 fully-functioning replicas of real-world structures! Supports 2 – 3 students orking as a team, in grades 3 -5. Building instructions and teacher's guide aligned to national education standards and Common Core Mathematics included. Packaged in a strong storage tray with snap-on lid. STEM Education focuses on science, technology, engineering and mathematics concepts taught through problem-solving, discovery, exploratory learning and critical thinking. STEM Education requires students to be active participants in the learning. K'NEX models offer hands-on learning opportunities that encourage scientific inquiry, investigation and experimentation. Our inquiry-based lessons challenge students as they build, investigate, problem solve, discuss, and evaluate scientific and design principles in action. Aligned to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math standards. Also see K'NEX Education's Real Bridge Building Set.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||12.25 x 12.5 x 2.25 in||4 x 18.5 x 14 in||2.25 x 12.5 x 12.25 in||7.75 x 16 x 10.5 in||2.25 x 12.5 x 12.25 in||2.25 x 12.5 x 12.25 in|
|Item Weight||—||5.2 lbs||2.51 lbs||3.3 lbs||2.55 lbs||1.95 lbs|
|Number of Pieces||207||863||198||705||200||178|