Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "K'NEX K-FORCE - Mega Boom Building Set - 335 Piece...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 55% off the $44.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
K’NEX K-FORCE ‒ Mega Boom Building Set – 335 Pieces – Ages 8+ Engineering Education Toy
|You Save:||$20.49 (46%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 335 ASSORTED PARTS – The K-FORCE Mega Boom Building Set includes 335 K’NEX pieces to use in constructing six different toy blasters and target models. This building set includes K’NEX rods and connectors, plus special parts to create customized blasters: two blaster chambers, three skull dart holders, two quick-fit grips, two preload rings, and seven foam darts.
- DOWNLOADABLE INSTRUCTIONS – In addition to the main Mega Boom blaster, you can download instructions for five alternate blasters and buildable targets for added fun. The Mega Boom Building Set is compatible with the entire K-FORCE Build and Blast line. Combine the Mega Boom Building Set with other K’NEX sets to build even bigger!
- OFFERS HANDS-ON LEARNING – K’NEX educational models offer proactive opportunities for children to develop their creative juices by building their own dart blaster or toy gun. Get your kids away from the computer screen and let them create mentally stimulating experiences by building something that fascinates them.
- PEAK PERFORMANCE – Even though these blasters are designed and created by you using K’NEX rods and connectors, you’ll see no loss in performance or durability! Darts fire up to 75 feet and special rod-locks have been added to ensure the parts stay together, even in the heat of battle!
- STEAMagination™ – This is the connection of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math) with a child’s natural curiosity and creativity, and it powers the fun of each and every K’NEX building set. Building with K’NEX puts children on a path to a fundamental understanding of STEAM / STEM subjects.
- CUSTOMIZABLE BLASTERS – K-FORCE Build and Blast is the only line of dart blasters that you design, build and fully customize! Specialized parts like quick fit grips and dart launching mechanisms combine with the K'NEX building system to create any blaster that you can imagine.
- COMMITMENT TO QUALITY – K’NEX rods and connectors are responsibly made in America at a landfill-free, zero-waste green manufacturing facility in Hatfield, Pennsylvania. We test to the strictest quality and safety standards, ensuring that your child has a successful, trouble-free building experience.
- PARTS GUARANTEE – Broken part? Missing part? If you need a replacement for any reason, just give us a call! We’ll get you what you need so that your child can get back to building as soon as possible.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Kids can build six different toy blasters and target models with this 335-piece K'NEX set, including the double-chamber mega boom blaster! They'll enjoy playing with the K-FORCE Mega Boom Building Set along with their friends. Your kids can aim their target as far as they want with the models they build, which fire up to 75 feet!
The K-FORCE Mega Boom Building Set includes K'NEX rods and connectors, plus special parts to create customized blasters: two blaster chambers, three skull dart holders, two quick-fit grips, two preload rings, and seven foam darts.
In addition to the main mega boom blaster, you can download instructions for five alternate blasters and buildable targets for added fun. Each STEAM toy you make is exclusively designed for a more exciting playtime.
K'NEX educational models offer proactive opportunities that encourage children to use their creative juices by building their own dart blaster or toy gun. Get your kids away from the computer screen and let them create real working models that stimulate the brain and promote safe, active fun.
The Mega Boom Building Set is compatible with the entire K-FORCE Build and Blast'line. Kids can use the Mega Boom Building Set in combination with other K'NEX sets to build even bigger!.
K-FORCE Build and Blast'is the only line of dart blasters that kids design, build, and fully customize! Specialized parts like quick-fit grips and dart-launching mechanisms allow kids to create any blaster that they can imagine.
With K-FORCE Build and Blast Mega Boom Building Set, allow your kids to create and play with their young STEAMagination.
Compare to similar items
This item K'NEX K-FORCE - Mega Boom Building Set - 335 Pieces - Ages 8+ Engineering Education Toy
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||tmlkienZ||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Firelight Home|
|Item Dimensions||2.5 x 16 x 12 in||1.62 x 7 x 8 in||2 x 16 x 9 in||2.5 x 16 x 12 in|
|Item Weight||1.93 lbs||1.78 ounces||1.1 lbs||1.93 lbs|
|Number of Pieces||335||57||165||368|
Top Customer Reviews
While you can't exactly throw it around against walls or trees, it IS actually quite substantial when complete, and it looks COOL. The picture on the box actually doesn't do it justice. It feels great in your hands. And the darts that come with it willy fly a mile! We were shooting across the length of a medium size house...down a long hallway and into this kid's bedroom. The darts flew straight and true and hit the back wall still going at good speed. I do worry just a bit that kids thinking they've got something more like a Nerf toy MIGHT be able to actually hurt someone a little...but overall, this is an excellent toy that lives up to its promise entirely. As a note, the darts it comes with LOOK like Nerf darts, but when we tried the Nerf darts from another toy, they did NOT fly much further than they usually did with the Nerf toy.
Oh, and the other cool thing? You can fire TWO darts at once. THAT is a blast. And when they hit their target, they are only slightly further apart than they started on the gun. It's actually pretty amazing the force and accuracy of this toy. We (all us adults) were quite impressed. And the 9 year-old was THRILLED. Yes, the toy is pricey. But if it sounds up your alley and you have the funds...I don't think you'll be disappointed!
The 10 and 11 year old followed the instructions right off the bat. The 10 year old has never done any K'nex and he struggled with the instructions and got a little frustrated. Once he calmed down and started over, he completed the build without much trouble. The 11 year old breezed right through without difficulty from the start. It took them both about 3-3.5 hours for the build and they worked straight through snacktime and didn't come down for dinner until they were finished.
The 13 year old looked at the instructions just enough to get the basics then came up with his own design. It took him the same 3 hours or so to get something he was happy with.
My 9 and 15 year olds got the K-Force Dual Cross set (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V5YA2U8?redirect=true&ref_=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_14) which took them about 3.5 hours to build.
There were several hours of war games followed by rebuilding and experimenting with other designs. They have gone through all the alternatives designs from the website and now they're all coming up with their own designs.
Overall I'm thrilled with this purchase!
However, this is just such a cool idea. You can rearrange the handles and blasters or make two different guns or whatever.
Also, snapping together K'nex pieces is really relaxing.
Ahhh, I hate my job!!
*snap* *snap* *clip*
Grrrr I'm overweight!
*rustle* *snap* *clip*
Oh hey, this is pretty nice
*clip* *clip* *snap*
The completed kit is one double blaster although you can construct it differently if you want. The included instructions only build a single product but you can supposedly download the other instructions. As a double blaster, only one of the parts shot consistently. The other one takes a lot of finagling to get it to work. The whole thing is actually a bit difficult to keep together for this large build. We are constantly reconnecting parts while using it. When I first looked at the box picture, I was under the impression that once it was built, there were parts to build the target pictured. But that is one of the options for building a single blaster not the double.
Once built (and when it is working) the foam darts go very far - meaning it is important to remind kids to never aim at heads/faces or other breakable objects. They come out with pretty good force but obviously don't have anything hard on them to really hurt most inanimate objects.
Overall, I found this to be a fairly tricky build with incomplete directions and once built, it is difficult to keep it functional.