|Item Weight||88 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||39.9 x 3.9 x 68.5 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||K-706000-L-MX|
|Discontinued by manufacturer||Yes|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
KOHLER K-706000-L-MX Levity Bypass Bath Door with Handle and 1/4-Inch Crystal Clear Glass in Matte Nickel
Want this professionally installed?
- Have a handyman setup your product at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No fumbling with parts, complex instructions, or tools
- Your handyman will ensure that your product is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality services by a handpicked local handyman; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Frameless, 1/4-inch-thick Crystal Clear tempered glass
- Innovative roller design simplifies installation and provides out-of-plumb adjustability while installed
- Cushioned center guide provides quiet sliding action
- Vertical blade handles accentuate the contemporary style
- CleanCoat glass treatment repels water for improved ease of cleaning
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Bringing new technology and sleek style to the contemporary bath, Levity bath doors feature an innovative bypass system and roller design that provide an amazingly smooth, quiet sliding action for a difference you can feel. Levitys unique design, including fully bypassable glass panels, makes installation easier than ever and allows for adjustability while the door is hanging. Vertical blade handles complement Levity's modern minimalist look, creating an open, inviting space for bathing.
KOHLER Levity Shower Door
The door’s modern design is highlighted by tall, sleek dual-sliding glass panels that create an open, inviting look in the showering space. This subtle approach showcases the showering environment, while adding a touch of a contemporary aesthetic to the space. Levity features a low ½-inch-profile bottom frame that when paired with a low-threshold shower base creates easy entry and exit to the showering space.
Subtle, Sleek Design
The shower door is available with either blade handles (vertical) or gently curved towel bar handles (horizontal), Crystal Clear or Frosted glass on the ¼-inch panels and Crystal Clear on the 3/8-inch panels. The door is offered as both a shower and bath door, providing a modern look for either environment.
Additionally, the exposed rollers simplify installation by providing easy adjustability of panels while installed. Paired with a cushioned center guide, the innovative roller design allows for quiet sliding action and effortless opening and closing. The dual-sliding panels create entry access from either side of the shower.
Easy to Clean
In general, bypass shower doors are fairly easy to clean, but by reducing the amount of grooves in this door, the cleaning task becomes even easier for homeowners. Furthermore, the glass panels are treated with CleanCoat, a proprietary glass treatment that creates a protective barrier making it easier to remove hard water spots.
- The modern design enhances any shower space and the dual sliding panels provide entry access from either side.
- Innovative roller design simplifies installation and allows for out-of-plumb adjustability.
- Cushioned center guide provides quiet sliding action.
- Anodized aluminum hardware resists rusting and corrosion.
- Minimalistic design makes the wall jambs and theshold easy to clean.
- Glass options include 1/4" (Crystal Clear or Frosted) and 3/8" (Crystal Clear) tempered glass.
- Hardware options include blade handles and gently curved towel bars.
- Available in standard bath and shower sizes as well as an 82" shower door height.
About Kohler Co.
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wis., Kohler Co. is one of America's oldest and largest privately held companies. Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products, engines and power generation systems, tile and home interiors, and an international host to award-winning hospitality and world-class golf destinations.
Top customer reviews
I ran into these and they look great. Very modern and sleek. The doors slide effortlessly and the expanse of clear glass shows off the enclosure surround.
Although I did some of the remodel myself, I did not install these so I cannot attest to the ease or difficulty of installation. It did take a handyman the better part of a day to get these up and working.
My mistake was realizing I needed these right after rejecting the old doors and it took awhile for them to arrive. It was worth the wait.
If you are hanging a wall mirror, use the "CRL Brushed Nickel Round Mirror Clips - Set" from Amazon. They match up very nicely.
11/30/2015: 5-4 stars. Installed into a guest bathroom that is not used frequently. I went to clean the tub out and found one of the doors did not slide very well and the anti-jump retainer chewed up the aluminum groove on top. After trying to solve the problem without door removal I got no where. I removed the door and found a part missing. My installers apparently did not think it was important and they did not tell me. Since these guys were otherwise reliable and there were no extra parts after the job - I was there when they completed - I have to assume that the part was not packed by Kohler. Ok, I am remiss or my installers were remiss in not checking parts before the installation, but there is no excuses for a missing part in a product from Kohler.
As before, the doors are beautiful, the inner door which works, works beautifully. If I can get the part I need and make the outer door work properly, I will be happy. Good product, difficult to install, but worth it and they look great.
Adding insult to injury, I go online to order the part (1195781-BN) and find that it is $2.80. Tax and shipping bring it up to $11.29 and a claim it will not ship for at least 2 weeks! Not a great way to run a company. Since I purchased the door a bout 17 months ago, they are out of warranty. I tried phoning Kohler, but they would not accept my call nor did they offer a call-back, because their phones are too busy. I once thought they were one of the better companies. Not so sure now.
December 13, 2015: Parts finally arrive. I needed one, got four. Oh well. I put the part on (1195781) and for reasons that are not exactly clear to me everything works fine. I seems that this part keeps the jump preventer vertical. Before, the preventer would go out of vertical and bind on the track.
All is well now, but my life long good vibes about Kohler has been lowered a few notches.
Bottom Line: I would check to make sure you have all the parts you need as soon as you take the doors out of the box. The doors are heavy - you may want to have someone available to help you lift the doors, especially if you are a woman. Getting them up on the side of the tub and installed properly, is not for a beginner. I'm sure the results will be beautiful. If there is a problem once they are installed, I will update this review.
How do I replace these? Is there a way to reinforce these weak plastic rollers? Is the manufacturer kohler doing anything about it?