Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KONG Genius Mike Dog Toy, Large (Colors vary)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

Size: Large|Change

on December 12, 2014
My little dog destroyed this toy the first day she had it.
review image
on April 23, 2011
I just got this Kong for my very bright shepherd. He has a strong chew but is not the type to rip apart rubber toys.

He has two regular Kongs that he gets every evening while I watch t.v. or work. I usually put some good quality canned dog food in an ice cube tray and freeze it, then pop the frozen cubes into his Kongs. He gets 4 cubes a night.

The problem is he's become very proficient at it and can get all four cubes out of the two Kongs in under 15 minutes.

So now I bought this toy, and lo-and-behold, it takes him 25 minutes to get one cube out of there! At this rate, I can get two hours of peace and quiet (oh yeah, and he gets two hours of...umm... mental stimulation. And dog food..)

Time will tell whether he'll eventually become enough of a "genius" to get the cubes out in record time, but for now, it's totally working for us! Hooray for Kong (again)!
on February 19, 2011
My 17 lb dog ate a third of one of these. He has several other kong products that we've never had problems with but this one was destroyed and eaten within the first week. BEWARE if your dog chews alot do NOT purchase this item. My dog is in the doggie ER currently due to this being so easily destructible.
on February 19, 2012
Well I have been very impressed with other Kong products. I have a growing 70 lb Pitbull who loves to chew and he loves the challenge of trying to get to the treat. Well with this product I put a small amount of peanut butter on a regular dog bone treat and I put it inside. I gave it to him then I went to check my email. 15 Minutes later I went to check on him and there were many pieces from the end of the toy all over my living room. Not a good toy for strong chewers.I didn't like this one but I am still a loyal Kong customer.
on November 17, 2010
I have a small (12 pounds), fat dachsund who, when he smells foods seeks and destroys anything in its path. I have a couple of the standard Kong toys and he hasn't chipped off, broken or otherwise chewed through them. This, however, within the first couple days of having, he chewed off small bits of it. Certainly not anything big enough to hurt him (smaller than a pencil eraser), but anything being broken off isn't good. Not sure if I got a defective one since I've only had excellent results with other Kong toys, but be careful with this one for small pieces coming off.
33 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2011
Our terrier mix, who is a power chewer, figured out how to solve this puzzle... If you just chew it to bits, it takes much less time to get the goodies out!
on January 28, 2011
My 8 month old yellow lab mix was so frustrated she couldn't get the treats out she ate large pieces of the ends off. she only had it for a total of a 1/2 hour.
on November 7, 2010
I bought this toy for my 13 year old chow lab mix. I use a traditional Kong for my 2 year old pit bull. I fill them both with food and give them to the dogs right before I leave for work. I like to think it keeps them busy for a little while while I am gone. I like the bright pink color of this toy because I am less likely to fall over it! I bought the large size and it holds a lot of food. Sometimes I switch the Kongs and so far my pit bull has not damaged it at all. I think it is a great toy.
on January 23, 2014
was excited to see a dog toy for a real dog not the little ankle bitters. Bought this thinking it would last because its KONG and it would challenge my American bulldog but it lasted 1 hour and then I had to throw it away which is crazy because it was expensive.
on July 26, 2012
Had this for about a week, and this has been able to withstand my 7 month Dobie's sharp teeth and constant chewing and it still doesn't have a scratch on it. I feel this toy will last a while.

I like how the treats fall out with the design of this toy. Because he has to chew the toy to make the opening large enough to dispense the treats out, and the treats don't fly far from where the toy is. As opposed to other treat dispensing toys, which require the dog to shake or roll the toy, which cause the treats to fly everywhere, esp under the sofa, which causes my dog to cry and scratch until we get it out for him, (yea not good for the sofa or floor when he does that)

UPDATE:
Durability will depend on how your dog chews.

My other dog, a beagle, is a really strong chewer and his goal is to search and destroy - everything, he can even tears apart the black XL kongs, so he was able to ripped this like a banana after a few hours. I was really bummed because my Dobie really liked this toy. My Dobie enjoyed chewing on it, but didn't care to destroy it, so its durability will depend on the dogs goals.

Overall I still like this, and will get another one for my Dobie, and keep it away from my beagle.