Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
KRUPS GQ502D Adjustable Temperature Belgian Waffle Maker with Removable Plates, 4-Slice, Silver and Black
|You Save:||$27.61 (33%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 4-slice Belgian waffle maker with 5 adjustable browning levels, from light to dark
- Red and green indicator lights for on, ready, and done; audible "ready" beep
- Bakes waffles with extra-deep pockets, light and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside
- Removable die-cast plates with nonstick coating for effortless food release and quick cleanup
- Stainless-steel housing; cord wrap and handle lock for convenient storage
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker
Crispy Belgian waffles at a touch of a button.
4 Slice Belgian Waffle maker
This KRUPS waffle iron makes up to 4 waffles in the same time, making sunday morning breakfast cooking faster for the whole family.
Perfect doneness thanks to the ready on and audible alerts
On, ready to bake and ready to eat indicators with audible alerts.
5 Adjustable browning settings
5 Adjustable browning settings to select your favorite browning level, from light to brown. Enjoy your waffles the way you like them.
Because countertop space is precious, easily store your waffle maker in your cabinet.
Removable and dishwasher safe plates
Removable die cast plates with non-stick coating for effortless cleaning.
A cord wrap and an handle lock for easy storage.
Perfect crispy waffle results
Baked and ready to be savored with fruits, jam, whipped cream. Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside!
Compare to similar items
This item KRUPS GQ502D Adjustable Temperature Belgian Waffle Maker with Removable Plates, 4-Slice, Silver and Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||6.7 x 12.6 x 16.5 in||12.2 x 9.65 x 6.3 in||12 x 12 x 3 in||12.75 x 12 x 5.25 in|
|Item Weight||9.1 lbs||8.23 lbs||5.8 lbs||5.15 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||—|
Prepare up to four delicious Belgian-style waffles at a time with the KRUPS GQ502 Belgian waffle maker. The unit provides five adjustable browning levels, from light to dark, making it easy to accommodate individual preferences. Red and green indicator lights and an audible "ready" beep let you know when the KRUPS waffle maker is on, ready to bake, and when waffles have finished baking-no guesswork involved. The baked waffles come with extra-deep pockets, perfect for filling with maple syrup, powdered sugar, jam, or even cream cheese or fresh fruits. The stainless-steel waffle maker features removable die-cast plates with a nonstick coating, which ensures effortless food release and quick cleanup. Enjoy waffles for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as an anytime snack with the easy-to-use KRUPS GQ502 Belgian waffle maker.
Top Customer Reviews
I made my first batch this morning and am very pleased! A few things:
1. I wiped down and then seasoned the iron as instructed.
2. I sprayed the iron with Pam before the first batch. With my other waffle irons I usually only need to spray before the first batch and then not again for the duration of cooking. However, with this iron, the second batch stuck -- not horrendously so (I was able to pull them off, but they tore a little). So I sprayed the iron before cooking each subsequent batch and it worked well.
3. The instructions say to close the lid, but they don't specify whether to close all the way to where it locks down. For my other waffle irons I gently lowered the lid (didn't squish it all the way shut), so I was afraid to lock down this lid. However halfway through the baking of the first batch I realized I needed to shut it all the way (instructions should specify this).
4. I started on setting "3" (medium) and the waffles were not crisp enough so I left them in another minute or so. The next batch I cooked on "4" and still wasn't satisfied with the crisp factor. The rest I cooked on "5" and loved the results!
5. Make sure you don't put more than 1/2 cup of batter in each section. It takes approximately 7 minutes to cook each batch.
6. I LOVE that the iron plates are removable for easy cleaning! This is definitely not the case on my old waffle irons. Love, love, love this feature!
A single recipe of my Belgian waffles made 7 large round waffles in my other irons. When I cook for a group I always make a double batch. The double batch recipe made 24 waffles in this iron. Make a ton and freeze them in large Zip Loc freezer bags, separating layers with waxed paper. Just toast them right out of the freezer (don't microwave them!).
My recipe for Belgian waffles (it's the bomb!). This recipe makes 12 waffles (3 batches of 4). Figure on 2 - 3 waffles per person; make a double batch for a large crowd.
2 cups light sour cream
2 lg. egg yolks (save whites!)
1 cup low fat milk
5 tbl. butter, melted, slightly cooled
4 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups bread flour
3 egg whites (dump the last yolk)
1. Combine all ingredients except bread flour and egg whites in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
2. Stir in the bread flour, just until flour is moistened (don't try to remove every lump).
3. Beat 3 egg whites until stiff and gently fold into batter.
5. Spray top and bottom of Belgian waffle iron with Pam and heat. When the iron is ready, spoon in ½ cup of batter, and close and lock the lid. When iron indicates waffle is done, remove and repeat.
This unit does not make a true Belgian waffle. They are thinner and more traditional.
Heat settings need to be set a little higher than what we've normally used on other makers and the unit does seem to need more time to heat up.
Extremely, extremely easy to clean up.
You will probably have to play with higher settings than you'd think to get a nice brown waffle.
The ease of cleaning has to be experienced compared to other waffle makers. If you make blueberry waffles, just for ease of cleanup....you want this machine. If the waffles were more traditionally Belgian in nature I would have rated it 5 stars.
Used it in out motorhome to make waffles for my entire family - wife, sons, daughter-in-laws, and grand kids. Everyone loved the Belgium waffles this produced.
The beep and adjustable time features are great. Once I dialed in the doneness I desired, it was pour batter and go. Four waffles at a time. Outstanding!
I am not disappointed.
Not only does it make waffles without a fuss, I have made hash brown waffles, omelette waffles, and stuffing waffles.
The plates eject easily for washing. The control is simple, beeps when done.
Cord could be longer, but that's a safety feature apparently. I guess safety over convenience.
This KRUPS did better than any I've tried. It actually produces some real heat to cook your waffles and I have been more satisfied with it than many others I've tried. So far no problems with raw outsides and burned centers. Seems to cook evenly.
So I give it 4 stars based on how its performance relates to modern day waffle makers.