KRUPS EA9000 Barista Fully Automatic One Touch Cappuccino Machine with Automatic Rinsing and KRUPS Two-Step Milk Frothing Technology, Silver
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Unique one touch cappuccino machine that self cleans.
- 2-Step frothing technology the unique 2-step frothing system preheats the milk and froths it directly in the cup then adds the coffee to the same cup for a perfect cappuccino every time.
- One-touch digital screen allows for complete customization of drinks from programming of favorites and profiles to customizing drink strength, temperature and quantity.
- Automatic cleaning system effortlessly cleans the steam nozzle after each use to prevent clogging and provide the most hygienic machine in the market.
- Metal conical burr grinder with automatic grinder setting adjusts the fineness of the grinding as well as the amount of coffee ground according to the selected recipe
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 3:21 Mins|
There are some interesting and mixed reviews posted here on Amazon. Thankfully I have been given the opportunity to test and evaluate this beast of cappuccino/espresso makers and my review will help you in determining your purchasing decision.
Inside you will find the unit itself and a box containing two cappuccino/latte glasses and a "Welcome Pack" box that contains everything you need to keep the EA9000 clean and free from scale for the first few months (depending on how much you use it) and an oily bean cover insert and wand nozzle tightening tool. I spent about 15 minutes wiping away tiny balls of Styrofoam that was clinging to the machine from the packing. Finally I used a can of compressed air and "blew away" the statically stuck balls!
You really don't have to read the owner's manual, everything is explained to you step-by-step by the LED colored display once you plug the unit in. I don't know how but it automatically knew what date it was, all I had to do was program the time. It even comes with a tester strip to test the hardness of your water! I will be using water from my Culligan water dispenser so no calcium or iron buildup will be a problem for us. The included water filter is optional to use.
The Krups EA9000 is a one-touch color displayed touch screen system that can even program family member's customized coffees in a "favorites" menu (up to eight users). It can be programmed to turn on at specific times during the day.Read more ›
Setup was easy. Just take it out of the box, install the water tank, the grounds collector, the drip tray, and turn it on. Then put an 8-ounce bag of beans into the hopper, fill the water tank, and place a mug under the twin spouts.
All commands and drink orders are input through the touchscreen once you power on the device. The strength of brew and size of serving are both adjustable from the drink order menu.
The machine takes about 20 seconds to pre-heat. It stays warm when delivering coffees back-to-back, but will require another short warm-up if no one has used it in a while.
Inside the bean hopper, a separate compartment accommodates single-servings of ground coffee, for example to brew a cup of decaf without having to switch out all the beans.
- The taste and consistency of the drinks is really good. The coffee is delicious and every espresso and latte comes out tasting just like the last. The entire process, outside of refilling the bean hopper and water tank, is completely hands off.
- The water tank holds enough for four to five large coffees.
- Cleaning is also pretty simple. It'll prompt you to run the cleaning cycle every time it starts up. This option will take about 5 minutes if you select it. You can postpone it instead and just run the cleaning from time to time when you're not in a hurry.
- You can program it in advance up with your preferred coffees (strength and volume) and later just select the one you want to prepare.Read more ›
Good quality espresso - for an automatic, of course. You will never get an automatic to make anything above average when it comes to espresso.
Milk frothing - unlike every other machine out there with microbe-breeding milk reservoirs, this one is simple. Pour milk into a cup, put it under the spouts, the wand comes down and frothes the milk. You are supposed to use enclosed cups but I have been using thin bottom mugs without any problems. No idea why no one else that I know of has this kind of system. MIlk reservoirs are a joke, they require constant scrubbing and maintenance.
Very easy to use touchscreen interface that is as idiot proof as you can get. Just do what the machine tells you to do and you will be fine.
Now the bad:
The waste water tray is pitifully small, has to be emptied after every 2 cups or so. Very annoying. Was very tempted to put it on stilts and drill a hole in the bottom of the tray and put a big tupperware underneath - did not do it because the whole thing will look hideous.
What really worries me is that the machine periodically would "botch" a shot and go into cleaning mode - essentially you are making coffee, and instead of coffee coming out it goes into cleaning mode. The only way to avoid this is to clean it constantly - in other words when the machine asks you "Clean - yes./no?" - always choose yes, otherwise you are very likely to botch the next espresso shot. Combine this with the tiny drip tray which you will have to empty afterwards and you get some serious aggravation.
Bottom line: it makes decent espresso (as good as you can get with a super auto) and I absolutely love the milk frothing setup which is the reason I am keeping this machine, but I have worries about longevity.
If you do not need automatic frothing (for me it is a must) then there are many, many other great options out there.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Only have had it for a few days, but it is living up to all expectations. Easy to program, almost no cleanup, the auto frothing is awesome. Coffee is delicious. Read morePublished 1 month ago by mvr
Unreliable and frustrating. Coffee is okay when it works. After 13 months just after the one year warranty expired, it began to have problems. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Trankster
I purchased my EA9000 in December 2013. Since then Krups has released an updated EA9010 which 17 separate one-touch drinks as opposed to 7 for the original 9000. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Viv
The machine is nicely made in France and has a high quality feel.
It does have a few quirks. The drip pans could have been made a little larger. Read more
Love this machine! If you want a machine that can do it all (espresso, cappuccino, regular coffee + self cleaning), this is it. Read morePublished 13 months ago by paddlegrl9
Great machine.... expensive and a little over bearing on the maintenance reminders. All in all the best consumer coffee machine on the planet!Published 20 months ago by Cheryal Myers
This product is so bad that I wanted to throw it out the window. I have gone through 2 units and each unit has failed in less than 1 hour. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Alex
Having owned a few superautomatics, I was intrigued when I had the chance to use this for a couple weeks. Read morePublished on June 22, 2014 by Shane O. Laake