4 Year Asurion Kitchen Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
KRUPS EA8298 Super Automatic Latte Espresso Compact Size Espresso Machine with Integrated Frothing Pitcher Cappuccino and Milk Frother, 57-Ounce, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fully automatic 1450-watt espresso coffee machine in a convenient compact size; Water tank capacity 1.8 L
- Built-in metal conical burr grinder captures full flavor; adjustable grind setting; large sealed bean hopper; Used coffee ground collector capacity 9
- User-friendly control panel with intuitive LCD screen and knob; integrated milk container-froth and brew coffee all in one; Max distance coffee nozzle - drip tray 4.6 inches
- Thermoblock heating technology, 15-bar high-pressure pump, and hydraulic automated tamping system for professional results.15 bar pump pressure for the perfect aroma and flavour extraction.
- Steam nozzle; 60-ounce removable water tank; removable drip tray and cake container for easy cleaning; made in France; 2-year warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
From robust espressos to delicate and fluffy cappuccinos
Selecting your favorite
With a LCD screen and an ergonomic knob, your coffee selection is made effortless.
Removable milk frother with automatic cleaning
Your super automatic machine features an integrated milk frother, removable and dishwasher safe. It is also easy to clean with the automatic cappuccino cleaning setting.
Create gourmet coffees just like the coffee shops
Your super auto coffee machine automatically froths your milk into your cup. Professional and gourmet results guaranteed.
KRUPS Coffee Expertise for fresh and flavorful coffee
The thermoblock heating technology, 15-bar high-pressure pump, and hydraulic automated tamping system offer professional and perfect results to maximize your coffee experience.
Add your favorite beans in the clear bean hopper and select your grinding preference. The built-in metal conical burr grinder ensures the perfect grind.
Compact size and modern design
The EA8298 combines performance and design while taking minimal space on your counter top.
Additional Super Automatic Advantages
A large 1.8-liter/60-ounce removable water tank, a removable drip tray and a cake container for easy cleaning, very low maintenance.
KRUPS EA8250 Espresseria Super Automatic Espresso Machine
KRUPS EA8298 Super Automatic Compact Size Latte/Espresso Machine
KRUPS EA8808 2-in-1 Touch Cappuccino Super Automatic Espresso Machine
KRUPS EA9010 Barista One Touch Super Automatic Espresso Machine
|Control Panel||Rotary Knob and Push Button||Rotary Knob and Push Button||Touch Screen and Push Button||Touch Screen and Push Button|
|Milk frother||Integrated||Removable||Removable||Integrated, Self cleaning|
|Size of LCD screen/Color||Medium/ Black and White||Large/Color||Large/Color||Large/Color|
|Numbers of servings prepared at a time||1||1||2||1|
|Number of Recipes in the memory||5||6||9||17|
|Dimensions||11.5 x 8 x 12.5 inches||15 x 11.3 x 19.4 inches||22.4 x 13.6 x 19.2 inches||22.8 x 14.9 x 19.5 inches|
|Adjustable coffee volume and strength||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Water Tank Capacity||60 Ounces||57 Ounces||57 Ounces||57 Ounces|
|Exterior Finish||Black||Black||Black||Black and Silver|
Compare with similar items
From robust espresso to flavorful coffee and creamy cappuccino, even hot cocoa or tea, enjoy cafe-quality beverages at home with the Latt Espress EA8298 fully automatic espresso/coffee machine from KRUPS. The compact machine takes up minimal counter space, and its fully automatic system means anyone can enjoy the perfect cup-amateurs and coffee connoisseurs alike. With 1450 watts of power, the machine's built-in metal conical burr grinder quickly and evenly grinds whole coffee beans right before brewing to capture the freshest flavor, and its grind setting can be adjusted as desired-finer for espresso and coarser for coffee are the settings that work best. The machine's large sealed hopper keeps beans fresh and holds enough to prepare several drinks in a row, while its integrated milk container makes it possible to froth and brew coffee all in one smooth move. The unit's user-friendly control panel with an intuitive LCD screen and ergonomic knob allows for simple navigation through every step of the process. To ensure the perfect shot of espresso, the Latt Espress's patented compact thermoblock heating technology, 15-bar high-pressure pump, and hydraulic automated tamping system provide perfect tamping, precise extraction, and consistently hot results. Designed and manufactured in France, the machine also provides a steam nozzle for creamy latte drinks, a large 1.8-liter/60-ounce removable water tank with an empty indicator, and a removable drip tray and cake container for easy cleaning. Accessories include a KRUPS F088 water filtration cartridge, XS3000 cleaning tablets, and F054 descaling powder. Bring the gourmet experience home with the KRUPS espresso/coffee machine.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Second, the machine is expensive, and repairs are difficult and expensive. We own several of these because we want one for our weekend place.
I just threw one away because it is obvious the gears stripped out in the burr grinder and I doubt that repairs are cost effective. I have one machine out to a New York service center for repairs, and the protocol there goes like this: ship the machine to them (expensive) where there is a $70 fee to look at the machine (paper checks are only accepted method of payment), send check, wait for assessment of cost of repair ($235 including return shipping, paper check only accepted method of payment), send check, wait. The machine has been gone for over a month. So the cost of repair is about half of the retail price of the machine, and I don't really know what shape the burr grinder is in since that is not being assessed. Cross fingers.
Apparently Krups has no dedicated, company-owned repair center. That is a problem.
The solution? I thought buying a "scratch and dent" for a backup would help, which I just did from Amazon. That was a disaster. After transporting it to the weekend place I hooked it up and it would never get past the machine-filling stage, and flooded the counter. Okay, lug it back to town, and box it up for UPS and wait for a refund. So if you want to keep count that is machine number four for us.
Now I admit these are trifles in the scheme of life, and it is hard to feel sorry for anyone who can afford all of these expensive machines. But the flip side is that if people pay out these sorts of dollars for machines the expectation is a long service life with minimum hassle.
So when buying this machine keep all of this in mind. And factor in that you will save substantial dollars by avoiding Starbucks and similar stores while enjoying better coffee.
Then make your best judgment.
As for me, I wish a company, including Krups, would build a machine that is better for the long haul. The coffee rates a 5 star, the machine a 2, so I gave it a 3 overall.
Update: We have been using the Krups Falcon for about 24 months now; it is considerably more expensive than the EA8250. I did buy the protection plan with this machine because of the history of the 8250 giving out. Surprise, the Falcon died; we sent it for repairs with Asurion's protection plan with a medium amount of hassle as to packaging and return. Asurion just refunded the full purchase price of the Falcon. My wife and I agree the 8250 makes better coffee than the Falcon, so I am going to buy another 8250 (with a protection plan) knowing full well that it will have to be replaced in 24-36 months.
So buy this, but be sure and get the protection plan, you will need it. I have upgraded this to 4 stars.
1. Use filtered water. You can get the filters that go into the machine itself, or you can just make sure you only fill it with a charcoal-filtering water pitcher. Either way, using filtered water will protect it from sediments in your tap water AND make the coffee taste better.
2. Follow the cleaning schedule. Order the cleaning tablets, and when it tells you to run a cleaning, RUN IT. Do not ignore this instruction.
3. Don't use actual espresso beans. The oils in them gum up the machine. I've actually found that medium-roast beans make the best coffee with this machine, but that's mostly my flavor preferences. I use Dunkin Donuts beans, if I'm being completely honest.
4. Be patient with it. While it is automatic, it isn't instantaneous. It's going to take some time to heat the water.
5. It's a good idea to scrub out the inside of the water reservoir and the container that collects the grounds. Maybe once every month or so on the water part, once every week on the grounds part.
I've never used the steamer/foamer, so I can't really speak to its functionality. I do know that if you take good care of this machine, it will take good care of you. I splurged on this, spent way more money than I should have, but it has been worth every penny. You get better coffee than from any single-cup brewer, and your only waste is some coffee grounds. I won't lie -- some mornings, the only reason I get out of bed is because I have this coffee to look forward to.
Most recent customer reviews
Had this unit for over a year now. The first unit we received was defective (couldn't get pass the set-up screen).Read more