KRUPS XP5240 Pump Espresso Machine with KRUPS Precise Tamp Technology and Stainless Steel Housing, Silver
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Patented KRUPS Precise Tamp System for uniform tamping and even flavor extraction
- 15-bar high pressure pump; powerful thermoblock heating system ensures an ideal, constant temperature
- Universal filter holder accommodates ground coffee, E.S.E. pods, and soft pods
- Multi directional frothing nozzle creates delicious cappuccinos and lattes
- Mess-free cake-ejection system; removable water tank; measuring spoon included; 1450 watts, 2-year worldwide warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The auto-tamp filter basket is neat, although I've found that it really only works for double shots. To make a single shot of espresso properly, you need to reduce the filter area, so that less water is able to flow with the same amount of pressure. Since the same filter basket is used for single and double shots, single shots do not come out nicely. Since I always make double shots, I'm OK with this, but people that frequently make single shots should be aware of this defect.
Overall, I like the construction and appearance of the machine. It feels solid enough, the drip tray is easy to clean, water container is easy to remove and fill.
NOW, about the steamer.
The steamer is quite disappointing. It uses the same diameter tip as some of the older machines, like the 4030, but rather then just using a rubber friction grip, it uses a complex plastic doohickey with three tabs that grab onto the flared part of the plastic above the nozzle base. Unfortunately, it's very unclear how this works when you receive the machine, and the pictorial directions are also not clear, so I managed to snap off one of the tabs within minutes of unpacking the machine. I thought this was my bad, but reading the other reviews, I now see that they're very prone to breaking.
The wand still attaches part-way with two tabs, but then it sometimes blows off. Again, I thought this was my bad, but now I see that even with three tabs on the wand, it's still prone to blowing off.Read more ›
Too bad. The machine made a great capuccino, was easy to clean, the automatic tamper worked well, and I liked the way it easily ejected the used grounds. I've always been a big Krups fan, but was not prepared to give this model a third try.
1. The fact that it has a solenoid valve that results in a nice, dry puck after brewing that can be easily discarded by pushing the button at the bottom of the portafilter.
2. The autotamp system--just truly brilliant. It isn't after you have been measuring and tamping coffee for a while that you appreciate this.
3. The coffee itself--just absolutely superb ! Amazing tasting coffee. Perfect crema, hot.
4. Ergonomics--nice, small, compact machine. Much better value than many others. This machine compares to ones that cost $400-500.
5. Amazing frothing wand (when it works) --it actually creates awesome microfoam and it's very easy to clean. Also extremely quick warm-up time for the steam.
So, why isn't this machine getting 5 stars? I hate to sound like a broken record, but the fact is that there is a design flaw with the frothing wand--it will just 'pop' out on it's own without warning.
This will happen no matter how careful you are with it. If you just use it enough, it will break. That's the fatal flaw of this machine. Otherwise it's awesome.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Do not buy this product. It broke in 9 months. Krups would not honor the warranty because his seller is not an authorized dealer.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Had this unit for less than 6 months before if failed. Called Krups who stated they cannot honor the warranty due to the purchase was from an "unauthorized" supplier. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I am a newbie to the espresso universe. This is my first machine. I cant afford a Rocket, and never will be able to so this is probably the best I will be able to buy. I love it. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Aaron Zustiak
I have had this almost a year and it's still going strong. It makes a great creama and works wonderfully.Published 5 months ago by Powerbuyerlisa
Worked great at first and then the frothier broke just as everyone else's has. After about a year there was a "pop" and it no longer pumped water. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Glimmert
Great espresso came out in the first few months of use, then a strange, "Air Leakage" sound was very audibly loud each time I made espresso -- and the taste is horrible... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Mahmoud Al-Sharif
I have had two of these. The coffee is not bad. But the machine does not last. My first machine broke right when the warranty expired. Thinking it was a fluke I bought another one. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer