KRUPS FME214 Programmable Coffee Maker Machine with Glass Carafe and LED Control Panel, 12-cup, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 12-cup coffee maker with cascading brew head for even flavor extraction
- Aroma function for more intense extraction; pause and serve feature lets you remove carafe at any time to serve
- LED control panel; programmable clock to set the daily start time with auto shut off
- Audible signal; descaling indicator; water reservoir detection shuts unit off automatically if empty
- Duofilter water filtration system; 1100 watts; 2-year worlwide warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Inspired by professionals and designed for connoisseurs, KRUPS products have been built with three key attributes in mind: Passion, Precision and Perfection. The KRUPS FME214 Programmable Coffee Maker quickly brews better tasting coffee thanks to a 1100-watt heating element and a cascading brew head that delivers a shower of hot water to ensure even flavor extraction. The aroma function enables one to choose a more intense extraction, ideal when brewing smaller amounts. Featuring a highly visible blue illuminated LED control panel the KRUPS FME214 Coffee Machine is easily programmable, which allows for waking up to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. The pause and serve feature enables interruption any time during the brewing cycle to remove the carafe, a nice feature, particularly for those in a hurry for that first sip. And for the ones who have the head in the clouds in the morning, an audible signal sounds when the brewing cycle is complete and the empty water-reservoir detection function shuts the unit off automatically if empty. The KRUPS FME214 Programmable Coffee Maker used a duofilter water filtration system to guarantee excellent-tasting results and help reduce mineral deposits for longer machine life. With the FME214 Coffee Machine KRUPS commits to a perfect cup of coffee each and every morning.
Top customer reviews
Cone filter brews better coffee, IMO. I've never liked flat basket filters.
** Nothing drips. The carafe doesn't drip when you pour. The basket doesn't drip on the hotplate when you take the carafe out
- Fairly fast, at least while new (they all slow down with age). A little over a minute per cup. 6 cups in about 7 minutes.
- 1-3 cup feature
- Automatic shutoff at 2 hours. You can change this default.
- Warning sound when done (two series of 3 beeps). You can turn this off.
- Overall design and usability, with swing-out filter basket and water tank behind. Some may consider the opening small but not a major problem.
- Fairly simple programming. Frankly, I'd be happy with just a single button off/on, but most of the coffee makers that have that have some fatal flaws so I'll settle for this. The auto timer is as easy to ignore as it is to set. But see also Cons.
- The water level indicator is a thin glass gauge that is almost impossible to see in less that ideal light.
- The carafe disappears into the recess of the body and it's impossible to see how much coffee is left.
- Until you get used to the buttons it's a bit too easy to turn on the auto-timer when you just want to hit the on button to begin brewing. Putting a red dot or something on the main on/off would be a help.
- The Krups "duo-filter" is useless unless you really have problematic water. You can just toss it and ignore the feature.
- No battery backup for the clock/progam functions. But frankly, I don't care. The defaults are fine, I don't use the timer and the display is not bright so I don't notice the clock anyway and I just let it flash 8s.
** That plastic cone basket (a heavy grey plastic I haven't seen used before) smells strongly of plastic when new. It is masked somewhat by coffee oils with use but never goes away. It is not subtle. Some other reviewers have pointed this out, most seem not to notice or don't care. You don't have to be a snob, this will be a deal-killer if the flavor and aroma of the coffee matter to you.
If you know of an auto-drip coffee maker with a glass or ceramic basket, let me know.