KRUPS KM7005 Grind and Brew Coffee Maker with Stainless Steel Conical Burr Grinder, 10-cup, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Revolutionary programmable coffee machine with conical built-in steel burr grinder
- 5 levels of grind; 3 coffee strength settings (mild, medium, strong); aroma function for more intense extraction
- 2,4,6,8 or 10-cup digital settings that control the coffee-water ratio
- Pause and serve feature lets you remove carafe at any time to serve; keep warm function keeps coffee hot for 2 hours
- Auto shut off; DuoFilter water filtration system; 950 watts; 2 year worldwide warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
KRUPS KM700 Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
Freshly ground. Delicious hot coffee. Each and every time.
KRUPS KM700 Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
Bold design, precision, ingenuity and unwavering craftsmanship uniquely define the philosophy of the leading brand Robert KRUPS created in 1846.
Starting with the most precise scales in the world, Robert KRUPS diversified the brand portfolio launching historical products such as the first electric coffee grinder, the 3-Mix hand mixer or the Onco Coffee Maker. Soon identified as a leader in the coffee and espresso industry, KRUPS has continued growing, introducing the German high quality products to consumers across the world.
Today, KRUPS perpetuates the high standards of quality that have been set more than 150 years ago and put Passion, Precision and Perfection at the heart of each and every product.
- Passion: Like the experts and the consumers it serves, KRUPS is passionate about products that are designed to perform flawlessly.
- Precision: Producing a perfect cup of coffee, shot of espresso or perfect waffle every time is what KRUPS sets out to achieve.
- Perfection: Extra thick walls for stability, high quality materials for durability, well crafted mechanism for consistent performance, and carefully designed controls for functional clarity.
KRUPS KM700 Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
The KRUPS KM700 Grind and Brew coffee maker takes the guesswork out of brewing the perfect cup of coffee: the grind, the coffee-to-water ratio, the brew temperature and contact time.
Featuring a steel conical burr grinder, recognized by coffee connoisseurs as the best method of preparing whole beans, KRUPS Grind and Brew coffee maker allows for 5 grind levels (from fine to coarse). This level of adjustment ensures that you get the most out of the coffee beans to achieve that rich, full bodied cup of coffee. In addition, the Grind & Brew also includes the ability to set 3 levels of coffee strength (mild, medium and strong), the number of cups desired (2 to 10 cups) and the aroma function – so that you have the utmost level of control over the coffee extraction and brewing process.
Control and convenience are also at the heart of the KRUPS KM700552 Grind and Brew coffee machine. Programmable, the KRUPS coffee maker can be set to automatically brew. The warming plate then maintains the coffee at the optimal temperature for up to 2 hours after which the machine shuts off automatically for safety and convenience. And for these who are in a hurry the pause and serve feature enables you to remove the carafe during the brew cycle and pour an early cup. With the KRUPS KM700 Grind and Brew coffee machine, preparing a freshly ground, delicious hot coffee, each and every time , has never been easier.
- 10 cup glass carafe
- Conical Burr grinder with automatic functionality
- 5 levels of grind and 3 settings for coffee strength
- Back-lighted LCD with clock and programmable timer
- 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10-cup digital settings that control the coffee-water ratio
- Aroma function for 2-4 cups for proper brewing of small coffee quantities
- Anti-drip valve (Pause and Serve)
- Automatically prevents steam from clogging the coffee channel and grinder
- Water Filtration (472-00 Duo filter)
- 13.11 x 12.44 x 17.63 inches ; 8.6 pounds
- 950 watts; 2 year worldwide warranty
Main Product Features
Built-In Conical Burr Grinder
Conical Burr grinder ensures uniform ground consistency without overheating the beans.
Precision Coffee Grinding
5 levels of grind from coarse to fine and 3 settings to achieve the desired coffee strength.
Backlit LCD with clock and programmable timer.
10 Cup Glass Coffee Carafe
From 2 to 10 cups of deliciously hot coffee according to your taste.
Recommendations for optimal coffee results
To make sure your experience with KRUPS KM700552 is the most enjoyable, KRUPS recommends using medium roast beans such as American Roasts, City Roasts, or Full City Roasts. If you prefer a darker roast, Vienna Roasts is recommanded.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||11.13 x 11.5 x 15.5 in||12.7 x 7.86 x 15.86 in||12 x 9.8 x 17.5 in||11.57 x 13.78 x 17.52 in||9.25 x 9.25 x 15.25 in||13.5 x 10 x 15.5 in|
|Item Weight||12 lbs||14.99 lbs||11 lbs||—||10 lbs||9.5 lbs|
|Material Type||—||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Stainless Steel||Plastic|
Inspired by professionals and designed for connoisseurs, KRUPS products have been built with three key attributes in mind: Passion, Precision and Perfection. The KRUPS KM700552 Grind and Brew coffee maker embodies the mastery of the key components to the perfect cup of coffee: the grind, the coffee-to-water ratio, the brew temperature and contact time. Featuring a conical steel burr grinder recognized by coffee connoisseurs as the best method of preparing whole beans and 5 grind levels to allow adjustments from fine to coarse, the KRUPS Grind and Brew coffee maker takes the most out of coffee beans to deliver a full-bodied coffee. Its 3 levels of coffee strength: mild, medium and strong along with the aroma function for more intense extraction and the number of cups selection ensures a complete control on the brewing process. Control and convenience are at the heart of the KRUPS KM700552 Grind and Brew coffee machine. Programmable, the KRUPS coffee maker can be set to automatically brew, the warming plate then maintains the temperature in the carafe for up to 2 hours after which the machine shuts off automatically for safety and convenience. And for these who are in a hurry the pause and serve feature enables you to remove the carafe during the brew cycle and pour an early cup. With the KRUPS KM700552 Grind and Brew coffee machine prepare from 2 to 10-cups of intense coffee every morning for a unique experience each and every time.
Coffee is very weak:
- Use more ground coffee (see “The ratio” page 9)
* when using the grinder :
. use medium or strong strength setting
. be sure the ground coffee supply channel is full before grinding and brewing
- Try a darker roast bean.
Coffee brews too slowly (more than 10 minutes):
- Descale the machine (see “Descaling” page 13)
- Clean the brew basket and drip stop valve of coffee residue.
Also clean the permanent filter if applicable.
- Check that there are no issues with the power supply.
- Use a different quality coffee paper.
- Check that any coffee bean is not clogging the tank bottom.
Brew basket will not swivel closed:
- The filter holder must sit down into the brew basket, and the handle click into place.
- Use the handle to seat the filter holder then fold the handle down and press until it locks into place.
Problems with programming the Auto-on or the clock:
- Turn the machine off and unplug it from the power source.
Wait 1 minute and reconnect.
This can allow the electronics to reinitialize to factory settings.
The stop-drip does not work:
- Clean the valve under running water, manually activating the stop-drip.
The coffee-grinder is excessively noisy (non-coffee objects in the grinding mechanism):
- Make sure there is no stone, wood, etc. that may have been introduced through your supply of coffee-beans.
- Check if, during following preparations, the noise persist.
- Contact the Krups Service Center.
The grinder is obstructed
- Make sure there is no stone, wood, etc. that may have been
introduced through your supply of coffee-beans.
- Don’t use caramelized or treated with additives sugar based, coffee
- Don’t use too oily coffee beans.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
-The grinder is much quieter than the Cuisinart
-Sleek and compact
-Doesn't brew strong coffee. I used dark roast beans, strong setting, fine grind, ensured the hopper/chute was full, reduced the water amount and increased the cup setting, etc. Plain and simple-- you can't set it for a really strong cup of coffee.
-Small carafe. It makes 10 six ounce cups.
-The pour spout on the carafe is poorly designed. It leaks water when filling the machine and pouring the coffee. The only way to avoid this is to pour extremely slowly, but who has time for that?
-The grinder only works if the top swinging lid is open, exposing the basket. This seems like an odd design and too much room for error if you pre-set the machine and it doesn't close properly.
When the Krups arrived I noticed that it was made in China but I did not see any warnings about harmful chemicals so I set it up on my counter and began reading the manual. The first 15 pages of the manual are written in English and the remainder in French. The instructons are straightforward and easy to follow. Numerous illustrations are provided to make usage easiy understandable. Following the instructions I plugged in the Krups and ran a 10-cup carafe full of cold water through as part of the cleaning process.
Next I installed the furnished "Duo Filter" (water filter), loaded beans into the grinder, inserted a #4 paper filter, put water into the tank and double checked all the settings. When I pushed the On/Off button the grinder did its thing but not as loudly as I had expected based on some of the reviews. The noise level is actually less than that of the Capresso which is the only other grind and brew that I have owned. I went out to get the newspaper and when I returned there was hot and delicious coffee waiting for me.
Although my Capresso gave good service during its short life span I actually like the Krups better for its appearance, for the informative user manual, for the handy information and settings panel to the right of the coffee maker and for the temperature of the brewed coffee. I will admit to a sense of uneasiness due to so many negative reviews but as of now this is a terrific grinder and brewer.
If you enjoy spending a nice chunk of change for a machine that doesn't work. This machine is for you.
If you enjoy spending precious time fixing a coffee machine because you cannot simply think of anything else to do. This machine is for you.
If you enjoy a coffee maker that cannot make coffee, but is a wonderful paperweight. This is the machine for you.
To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I am angry that I didn't even get a year and a half of use from this product. I will not buy a Krups product again, you can be sure, and I will warn everyone I can that they shouldn't do so, either.
Consumers rightfully should have an expectation that the products they pay significant money for will give them good and long service. Count me as yet another customer who now knows that they cannot have this expectation for a Krups product.