Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 140 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 155 reviews
on January 28, 2012
I ordered this coffee maker after I broke the carafe on my old Braun. It looks like Braun has gone out of business so I began looking for a new one. After spending hours looking over the reviews on all of the other coffee makers on Amazon and Consumers Reports, I took a chance on this one. It was amazing how many problems all of the other coffee makers seemed to have; from pumping hot coffee all over the floor and counter to some even catching on fire. I was very nervous about ordering this one because at the time it only had one review. I can safely say now that I am very happy with this one. The coffee is as good as my old Braun, the carafe seems thicker and sturdier than the Braun and it does what it is suppose to do; safely make good coffee, keep it in the pot and be easy to clean. This is a stylish looking unit after my research I believe it is the only one being made now that does all of this. Unless you get a bad one, and all companies will problems with some of their units, I think you will be happy with this one.
22 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2012
2 years ago I gave this coffee maker a 4 star rating. I'm compelled to downgrade it to a 3. At least once a month it will fritz out. For those of you who don't understand this technical term, it means it will either completely stop making coffee, or it will take about an hour to make 1/2 the coffee it's supposed to. It also trips the GFI wall receptacle every so often. Yes, I decalcify the unit regularly. So, to ensure I don't burn my house down, I switched to a much better coffee maker, the Hamilton Beach, which, by the way, is about half the price of a Krups. See my review for that machine.
on July 24, 2012
I selected this product after rejecting dozens of other models, based on customer reviews. I have now used this coffeemaker frequently over the course of two months, and I am very happy with it. The coffee tastes great (my primary goal), the coffee is nice and hot, brew time is not too long, and the unit looks great on my countertop. I have not encountered any of the problems that a few reviewers reported before I bought my unit, such as dripping from the carafe, or leaking from the overflow hole. Unlike negative comments I read about an older Krups model, the water level is easy to read, the carafe is sturdy, and the carafe handle appears to be solidly attached. Water is added to the unit into a relatively narrow opening on the upper right side. I don't find this to be a problem, because I fill it from a filter pitcher, and I am right-handed. Some reviewers have found the small opening to be inconvenient; I can imagine that it might be if one was left-handed. As for myself, I find the product to be everything that I was looking for in a coffeemaker. One note: The filter basket needs to be pushed down until it snaps into place. If you just lay the basket in the opening without pushing on it, like with my previous coffeemaker, the valve that prevents dripping when the carafe is removed will not engage, and coffee won't drain properly into the carafe, but it is not obvious what is wrong (the lid closes normally, etc.). This happened to me once, but I quickly learned, and now I find the 'pop' when the basket snaps into place to be reassuring.
on February 4, 2013
This Krups coffee maker produces great coffee and is easy to use. However, if you break your carafe, or want a second carafe, forget it. They aren't available through any source. None of the many web sites that offer replacement carafes have this one. eMail communications with Krups were useless. They confirmed the lack of availability and apparently have no interest in making the carafe available to Krup KM720D50 owners. This carafe also fits a Rowenta coffee maker. I searched Rowenta replacement parts but no luck. I cannot recommend buying a coffee maker when, should you accidentally break the carafe, you will not be able to purchase a replacement carafe.
on February 13, 2012
The taste of the coffee from this machine when put on the "Aroma" setting is outstanding. I was wanting a replacement for an older Krups machine. It has good tasting coffee too, but this particular model has made my coffee drinking experience brand new. I have had comments from others saying "This coffee sure is good!". I do not go to any special lengths to make my coffee either. The Krups brand in my opinion is hard to beat.
on October 17, 2014
I purchased this in January 2014...9 mths later it stopped working. I called KRUPS which was a complete joke. It took a week for them to respond to my request in sending me a return label, which they said it would take up to 48 hrs. I sent the coffee pot back on October 2, 2014..called them October 13th, Brittany said they needed 2 weeks for repair department to review problem and to call back October 16th. I called October 17th, Stacey said to call back after October 23rd as their policy is 3 weeks. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER KRUPS PRODUCT AGAIN!!!
on May 29, 2015
This unit makes coffee pretty fast and replaced an older style Krups (that had its clock and programming down low in front of warmer plate) that had started taking 5 to 10 minutes and sometimes turned itself off before finished. The KM720D50 makes coffee well, I like the programming buttons/controls up high (not down low), although, the programming is a little limited on this one (compared to older model) but that's okay for me. Additionally, the unit does not appear to turn itself off after an hour or two (like the older model) or maybe it does, only earlier than an hour (see my later comment). I'd like the width of the water compartment (for pouring water into) to be greater. It's a little narrow and if you miss, then the water can go straight through the basket onto the warmer below. The coffee does not seem to stay very hot in the pot too long after it's made and although this is okay for me (because I pour most of it into a big mug as soon as it's ready), some folks might find the coffee luke-warm when they returned for a second cup later.
on December 7, 2015
TL:DR: Good coffee, EXCEPTIONALLY poor water overflow management.

This Coffee maker was pretty good overall. It made excellent coffee, in spite of having a "through-the-reservoir" water tube the coffee was in fact heated to an appropriate temperature even when using self-filtered water from the fridge. The only problem I have with the machine, at all really, is that I overfilled it ONCE and the machine stopped working. Forever! Kaput! I know the machine only cost me $45 on sale, but even the $20 cheapies at Wal-mart have a better water overflow system. It literally dumped the overflowed water back into the machine. I'm still not sure if it was the controller circuit board or the heating element that got fried. I will not purchase this machine again, in spite of it's excellent performance do to possible safety issues that should be apparent from improper water off flowing within the machine.

I know that this falls under the category of "user error" but even so, a machine that routes excess water from where you PUT the water into anything electrical, is inherently hazardous, in my opinion. If you have NEVER, EVER overfilled your coffee pot, it MIGHT be a good investment for you. I do not know anyone who has never had to clean water up off the counter after having done so.
on August 22, 2012
Very pleased with this coffee maker, after three brew cycles (a break-in, water-only flush, two pots of coffee). I bought it as a replacement for KRUPS FME414 Programmable 12-Cup Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe and LED control panel, Black and Stainless Steel, which has served me well for seven years of everyday use, but which doesn't switch on now as reliably as it should. I'll keep it as a backup, but I'm fairly certain I won't be needing it. This new Krups is a wonderful machine, a worthy successor indeed to the old.

The glass carafe is sturdier (less likely to break, I hope), easier to handle without dripping, and has clear volume markings on both sides. The water level indicators, also on both sides, work well (on the older machine, the one left-side indicator was useless). The filter basket loads from the top, snaps in place very easily, and is just as easy to remove. The water reservoir also fills from the top, and favors right-handed pouring. I'm a lefty myself, but pouring with the right hand hardly presents a problem for me.

Best of all is the improvement in controls over the older model. No need to keep the manual around now. A once over briefing was all I needed. Setting the clock, programming the start time, setting up for small batches, etc., all a piece of cake, and unforgettable. Next time there's a power outage, I won't have to get out the manual, sit down with my reading glasses, and figure out once again how to set the darned thing up. Used to drive me nuts, that business.

However, the older machine does have a few features not present in the new:

1) A water filtration system (a non-essential for me, but might be important for those concerned about the quality of their water supply).

2) The option to change the auto-shutoff time, which is two hours in the newer model, and can't be altered.

3) A beeper alert when the brewing cycle is complete. I liked that feature, but I won't really miss it. It's easy enough to tell when the brewing is finished (and besides, with the the pause-and-serve feature included, it hardly matters).

4) 1-3 cup brewing. I used to make 3 cups, now I make 4, which is the minimum recommended in the new model (using the "aroma" function, of course).

Lastly, there is the finished product, the coffee, which is a tad hotter than before (I think), and excellent, even with standard canisters of grind. Premium grinds would be an improvement, I assume, but I'm in no hurry to try. I'm pleased with what I get right now. Pleased with the machine, pleased with the coffee. 'Nuff said.
on July 30, 2015
Buyer beware. I had a Krups machine for 15 years and it finally died so I gladly replaced it with this Krups machine thinking it would work just as well. Within 3 months it failed and I had to send it out for service/repair to Krups. Two weeks later I got the machine back and within a couple of months the same issue resurfaced (it took hours to brew a single pot and the hot plate would not stay on). So now they are making me send it back for service again instead of just replacing it with a new machine. The shipping cost alone for these two service incidents must have cost Krups more than the price of the machine at this point. Next time it dies, which I'm sure it will, I will just get a refund and buy another brand.